| | |
the [Queen] of wishful thinking.
|Clean Slate & "New Years" Resolutions.
|life is great right now. I mean, Iíve been fairly stressed and itís showing in my grades, but Iím feeling deeply optimistic. my (now former) roommates are gone and my new roommates are seeming like a serious improvement. living with intelligent, motivated, considerate, and actually cool people will be a very positive change. I feel like I have this fresh start and I like it a lot. I even feel like Iím over the ever elusive ex. so hereís to a life without bitches and bullshit.|
that said, now that I have this delightful clean slate to start from, thereís something Iíd like to do. Iíve written out new years resolutions every year since the dawn of time and this year I was so busy with the combination of my mono misery and trying to write a decent admissions essay for USF, I blew it off. I know itís now the first of march and the year is already 1/6th of the way done, but the way Iím feeling, itís seems like the perfect time to finally write those 2011 new years resolutions. I feel like Iíve found a bit of clarity so far this year and thereís a lot I want to pursue to really better myself and be as happy as I can be.
11. be neater. pretty self-explanatory. I want to make sure Iím as considerate as possible of my roommates and this apartment that I share.
10. cook lots, with friends and out of my cookbook. I just want to have fun with it and learn how to make new things.
9. be more careful with my finances. pay off any money I owe, save some money, budget myself better.
8. read more. I love to read but I get so caught up with school that I stop reading for my own enjoyment. my sadness over Borders closing has drawn my attention back to my love for books and I donít want to forget that anytime soon.
7. re-establish a regular workout and healthy eating routine. I have so many great plans for this year. I want to be as confident and healthy as possible so I can enjoy them to their fullest.
6. go out, party, spend time with friends. have lots of fun. Iíve been realizing lately that I can do something most nights and still work hard in school.
5. be involved. I have really grown to love everything about the business club at schoolÖ the friends Iíve made, the opportunities it has presented me, the activities weíve done. I will definitely stay involved the rest of this last semester and when I transfer in the fall, I want to get even more involved at my new school.
4. work more. this sort of goes with the whole fixing my finances thingÖ I definitely want to pick up more hours where I can at both the city and the store and look into other summer work as well.
3. go to church every other week, if not once a week. I feel good after I go and maybe I can learn something or find some answers Iím looking for.
2. donít get angry when thereís nothing I can do about it. let things go and feel at peace. as they say in that AA prayer, ďgrant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot changeĒ.
1. be happy, be positive, live every day to the fullest.