The newly-resurrected Fadeaway Records (Brand New, The Movielife) is teaming up with Enjoy the Ride Records to release Friends, compilation featuring over 30 previously unreleased songs. It will be available digitally and on limited edition 3xLP vinyl in February, with all proceeds going to cancer research. Details will be announced next month, but a teaser image with many familiar faces is in the replies. Who do you recognize?
If you’ve got a concept album, go ahead and record it. If you’re only interested in selling a little, be my guest. But if you want to penetrate the consciousness of a large group of people and grow the pie, an album isn’t working. Hell, it’s not even working as a revenue model! Labels are no longer in the record business, they’re in the star business. How to maximize the revenue of an individual or band in as many media as possible, in as many ways as possible. Yes, while you were bitching about piracy, your whole business model disappeared.
You put out these albums, and in almost every case, the...
01) The Library (Intro)
02) I. The Crawl
03) II. worldstar
04) Dial Up
05) I. The worst guys (feat. Chance The Rapper)
06) II. shadows
07) III. telegraph ave. (“Oakland” by Lloyd)
08) IV. sweatpants
09) V. 3005
10) Playing Around Before The Party Starts
11) I. The Party
12) II. no exit
13) Death By Numbers
14) I. Flight of The Navigator
15) II. zealots of stockholm (free information)
16) III. urn
17) I. pink toes (feat. Jhene Aiko)
18) II. earth: The oldest computer (The last night) (feat. Azealia Banks)
Orlando, FL piano-poppers Savannah have launched an IndieGoGo campaign for their upcoming third album. Portions of the proceeds for the new album will benefit the Arnold Palmer Children’s Hospital. For more details, visit the band’s IndieGoGo page.
Very Americans - featuring ex members of 90’s indie band Junction, The Commercials and Safari So Good - will release their debut EP, Stereo Types, on January 21st, 2014 via Eulogy Recordings. A special edition hand numbered pink 12" vinyl will release March 18th via Rock Paper Records.
2) Without a Trace
3) Not that Serious
4) Fast Planes to Rio
5) Don't Change
Absolute 100 inductees Scholar will self-release their full-length debut, Choose Adventure, on November 12. PropertyOfZack is streaming a new song from the effort titled "I Wish I Knew How to Quit You." The album is available for discounted pre-order on bandcamp.
1. Locke Syndrome
3. The Rift
4. Do Your Best to Fly, Kid
5. It'd Be Easier to Believe You (If Your Pants Weren't on Fire)
7. I Wish I Knew How to Quit You
8. Run Home, Jack (Featuring Ian McLean of Darkhorse)
9. A Hot Dog for Your Buns
10. No, Yes... No
I've had a few users ask about the Terrible Things tab book that was up on Kickstarter. I reached out to Fred and he has assured me that they're all almost done. It's taken him about 4x longer than he expected to write them up. But they are coming.
Bombay Bicycle Club will release their new album on February 3rd but for now you can check out the interactive video for the new single "Carry Me" here which allows you to control the band members. The single features Lucy Rose and will also be released at midnight tonight GMT. Alternatively, just head to the replies to listen to the new track.
Koji will release an EP titled Matters on November 12. It will be limited to 200 cassettes via The Native Sound and available digitally on bandcamp. A live version of "Like We Do" can be heard in the replies.
2. Like We Do
4. Matters (of The Heart and Mind)
AWOLNATION will release a 2-CD limited edition deluxe version of Megalithic Symphony on November 19th via Red Bull Records. Physical and digital pre-orders are now available. Check out the track listing in the replies.
Warpaintwill release the follow up to their debut album, The Fool, in 2014. The self-titled record will be released via Rough Trade on January 21st and you can hear "Love Is To Die" in the replies now.
02) Keep It Healthy
03) Love Is To Die
08) Go In
09) Feeling Alright
At Long Last…Music and Songs From Arrested Development will be released on November 19 via Varèse Sarabande Records.
1. Arrested Development (main title)
2. She's Cute (Season 4)
3. Getaway (Season 4, Gob episode 7, "Colony Collapse")
4. Practice Kisses (Season 4, Gob episode 7, "Colony Collapse")
5. Sound of Silence / The Cockroach (Season 4, Gob episode 11, "A New Attitude"/Season 4, episode 1 "Flight of the Phoenix")
6. Balls In The Air (Season 3, episode 4 "Notapusy") Extended for the soundtrack
7. Face Blindness (L&M) (Season 4, Lindsay's episode 3 "Indian Takers")
8. You'll Never Hear From Me Again (Season 4, Lindsay's episode 3 "Indian Takers")
9. As It Is Such...
Grab Bad Rabbits' "Fall In Love" on a special 7" on their webstore via Mind Over Matter Records. The records are individually numbered out of /243, with hand screen-printed sleeves and the BR logo etched on the B-side.
1. Sharpening The Sword
2. Monkey Suit
4. Glass Ceiling Serenade
5. All Praise The Victims Of The Middle Passage
6. Shit Slinger
7. Chasing Ghosts
8. Excuses & Denials
9. United Stockholm Syndrome
10. Holiday In Siberia
11. Jesus Envy
12. Overseer To Officer
Dance Gavin Dance has launched pre-orders for their vinyl box set, including all six of their releases on vinyl for the first time. The pressing is limited to 1,000 and is $50, or $60 with a logo shirt.