Want to make sure you never miss an episode? You can subscribe to this podcast in iTunes, via your own RSS feed reader, on SoundCloud, via Overcast, or on Stitcher. You can also find all of our previous episodes archived on our podcast page, iTunes and SoundCloud.
- Episode 89, recorded on Tuesday, June 30.
- We have a packed episode this week. We start out with talking about The Wonder Years announcing their new album, No Closer To Heaven, out September 4 via Hopeless.
- Announced at noon on Monday, with new song / video for “Cardinals” and pre-orders at midnight. We talk about the rollout and why it seems like singles from Hopeless Records always leak early.
- Impressions on the song and excitement for the album, as well as some overarching TWY career chatter.
- Apple Music talk — first impressions, things we like and dislike, how we think it’ll fit into the streaming universe.
- Brand New did a very Brand New-esque thing: Talking about whether they’ll release an EP or LP, in an interview with a Spanish magazine.
- They say they’ll release it when they’re ready to release it, whatever it is — what a novel idea!
- The Front Bottoms signed to Fueled By Ramen Records. We break down why TFB fans should be happy about this and talk about FBR’s recent successes.
- Mid-year albums of the year!!!!!!!!!!
- Jason’s list: Butch Walker - Afraid of Ghosts; Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly; Mew - +-; Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell; Marika Hackman - We Slept At Last; Anti-Flag - American Spring; Fall Out Boy - American Beauty/American Psycho; Doomtree - All Hands; Brandon Flowers - The Desired Effect; Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear.
- Thomas to Jason: “I love you, honeybear.”
- Thomas’ list: Sorority Noise - Joy, Departed; Turnover - Peripheral Vision; Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly; Microwave - Stovall; Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell; Red City Radio - Red City Radio; Brandon Flowers - The Desired Affect; Doomtree - All Hands; The Tallest Man On Earth - Dark Bird Is Home; Pet Symmetry - Pets Hounds.
- Jason Recommends: Show: Mr Robot; Book I’m reading: The Martian by Andy Weir; Music: NOW.HERE - “New Perspective” EP, Public Service Broadcasting - “The Race for Space” (goes well with The Martian).
- Thomas Recommends: Listening to some of the records on my mid-year list if you’ve missed ‘em so far.
Have a question or topic you'd like us to cover on a future episode? Leave a message in this thread or tweet with #AskAP.
If you like the podcast, could you please rate and review us on iTunes? It really does help. Also, if you have any feedback or questions for us to discuss in next week's episode, please let us know in this thread. Thank you.