AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Interviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
  -  ...and ATTACK! - 01.09.09 (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1222682)

Linda Ferreira 07/28/09 11:15 PM

...and ATTACK! - 01.09.09

The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

...and ATTACK! [myspace] [twitter] [ap.net profile]

1. How did you get your band name?
Dustin (Dickey, Vocals) and a friend (Happi - Roadie, BandBitch) were sitting at a local truck stop and out of nowhere Dustin brought up the idea, in a pretty dramatic manner....a couple of the members (Mic and Dustin are pretty big nerds, as well as Happi, playing such games as Warhammer 40k and D&D) and Dustin basically thought to the times playing when he stated "etc... ...and ATTACK!" and it became a name.

2. How did this band get started?
Dustin had been bandless for about a year and wanted to start something up and initially planned a techno-influenced metal band in mid-2007 with almost all different members and after numerous member changes finally began to settle and became what we are now.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
A Day To Remember, AttackAttack!, The Devil Wears Prada, Emmure, Haste the Day, Stick To Your Guns, Chiodos, The Used.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?

See number 3, add MyChildrenMyBride.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Mic - Squirrel, consider the possibility of sexual innuendos.... "Hey baby, you wanna bust my nut?"
Dustin - Lion, because "I'm prideful and a natural born leader"
Sam - Rabbit, because he's cute and cuddly
BK - Gorilla, because he already looks like one.
Devin - Spider-monkey or Koala or Chipmunk or Panda or Cat or Labrador Retriever or Velociraptor or ah fuck it find him at the Vegas Furry Convention each year...

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we bring a new intensity all our own melding Hardcore, Pop and straight in-your-face metal along with other added influences. Lyrics from the heart whether it be about girls, brotherhood, friends and family. Often shifting from loving those people to wanting them dead.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?

"Hobos Can't Afford Cable" because it's the only song Mic plays a solo in and it's hard as balls.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

The Griffin Family (from Family Guy, naturally), Brock even though he bitches after every practice. Hearts, Stars and Horseshoes. Ourselves because WE are our driving force to get out there and get discovered.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

Our involvement in it as a signed band.

10. Memorable tour experience?

N/A. However we do like to note things we feel are tour-worthy currently. Tour is in the making though.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
An amazing method of discovery both for our band to find new friends/fans, and also a way to build new contacts.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

"Cats Don't Spontaneously Combust"

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

Anywhere that gives us free food and drink.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Country...............and Poison.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

Mic - A flux capacitor?
Dustin - Superspeed.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?

no. help us.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

Dustin is the only fully-original member of ...and ATTACK!

18. What's your favorite holiday?

Dustin - 4th of July and every day that we play a show
Mic - Christmas and every day that we play a show

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Play nerd games and write music.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

We don't really have any "hidden" talents...we tend to flaunt our talents.

DoubleAW 07/29/09 06:07 PM

Last I checked a flux capacitor isn't a super power.

xmicxcorex 07/30/09 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleAW (Post 49850532)
Last I checked a flux capacitor isn't a super power.

ya, it fully isn't, and i know that. The thing is, I really could care less about super powers, so I just went with the first words that came to mind.

DoubleAW 07/30/09 10:20 AM

Fair enough :p silly interview answers don't matter that much to me, haha. I do like the music though :)