AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Reviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
  -  Steel Train - Steel Train (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1779072)

HometownHero 07/01/10 03:43 PM

Vocals should be higher imo but still great review. Album grows more and more each day. But I would never compare it to Dog Problems. Feels like blasphemy.

Keagan Ilvonen 07/01/10 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophos34 (Post 70333732)
I want this so bad. I've never listened to this band, but I've heard nothing but great things about this album.

Then go get it!!!

Jake Jenkins 07/01/10 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keagan Ilvonen (Post 70335742)
Then go get it!!!

I plan on doing so tonight, assuming I don't lose all my money in poker beforehand.

Blake Solomon 07/01/10 04:03 PM

biggest surprise of 2010 for me.

Keagan Ilvonen 07/01/10 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophos34 (Post 70336122)
I plan on doing so tonight, assuming I don't lose all my money in poker beforehand.

Smart man.

Gregory Robson 07/01/10 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blake Solomon (Post 70336402)
biggest surprise of 2010 for me.

I totally agree. They didn't just take a step forward, they catapulted forward.

Chris Fallon 07/01/10 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidchino08 (Post 70335312)
Vocals should be higher imo but still great review. Album grows more and more each day. But I would never compare it to Dog Problems. Feels like blasphemy.

Haha I know what you mean, but that's the sort of impression it will leave on listeners - one similar to what Dog Problems did back in 2006.

weworemasks 07/01/10 06:16 PM

sexy album, sexy review. agree with the score, except i'd put it at about a b-.

Keagan Ilvonen 07/01/10 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Fallon (Post 70343292)
Haha I know what you mean, but that's the sort of impression it will leave on listeners - one similar to what Dog Problems did back in 2006.

Best way to put it.

Tec Mason 07/01/10 06:23 PM

this album is fantastic. only two songs in and I can't get enough. Aim & Ignite was one of the best albums of last year, and this is shaping up to be a similar venture

BensonHedges 07/01/10 06:39 PM

This album is so absolutely fantastic. It's all like these pieces of a puzzle coming together to make this amazing big picture. That sounds cheesy but I don't know how else to phrase it. Love this album, love love love it.

WSquarePark 07/01/10 07:08 PM

this is really great.

i bet i bet 07/01/10 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Fallon (Post 70331652)
One of my favorite records of the year. Said it before, and I will say it again: it's this year's Dog Problems.

i like this

blinkme 07/01/10 09:19 PM

Love love love this album. Can't wait for the vinyl to arrive.

mymusicismylife 07/01/10 09:22 PM

I must listen to this.