AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Reviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
  -  Maine, The - Black & White (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1801362)

stereokiller 07/16/10 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_aaron (Post 71272192)
I think that the most frustrating part is that they have the ability to come up with some good material. CSWS had some good songs that I still enjoy to this day, and Right Girl & Inside of You are so catchy and fun. Even though their lyrics have always been a weak point, they could make a really good, complete record.

They just... haven't.. for some reason :shrug:

Awesome avatar.

Chris Fallon 07/16/10 02:20 AM

Good. I see no reason to care about this band ever. They will remain on my "do not ever touch" list for eternity. Amen to that.

Jbuch 07/16/10 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Fallon (Post 71272342)
Good. I see no reason to care about this band ever. They will remain on my "do not ever touch" list for eternity. Amen to that.

You cared enough to open the review page and comment....so?

Thomas Nassiff 07/16/10 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Fallon (Post 71272342)

Has Eli Paperboy Reed set a a release date for that record? I completely dig that release.

Thomas Nassiff 07/16/10 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbuch (Post 71272392)
You cared enough to open the review page and comment....so?

Oh, so clever.

in10city 07/16/10 02:26 AM

fuck you for bringing up their debut right off the bat

The Maine are one of those bands that people will suspect writers of bashing just to bash them

then why even mention the shittest line of their debut if you want readers to hit your review with an open mind? you totally contradicted yourself in the wrap up.

weworemasks 07/16/10 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidchino08 (Post 71272282)
Can I borrow said blowtorch and set you on fire with it? :-)

It's covered in shit, holmes!

simplejack 07/16/10 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 71271832)
This is the funniest comment I've read since kidchino's comment right after yours. If you really think this is a good record, then the Mercy Mercedes album is going to be a sexual experience for you.

ah well, I heard the Mercy Mercedes album when it leaked weeks ago and it didn't impressed me, at all.

by now I think this is a catchy, quite predictable pop rock record and I like it. I don't mean it's good in general, but it's good for me. Summer-y, short and sweet it's all I need for warm summer days, nothing too meaningful.

Probably I'll stop spinning this record right after summer and I'll start saying "why was I listening to that crap?" and my opinions about The Maine (and this record) will change (as it happened for Green Day's 21st Century Breakdown). NOW I can't stop, won't stop singing along to Inside of You.

joe.boy.fresh. 07/16/10 02:46 AM

MIGHT BE BIASED: cause im a big maine fan, but i enjoyed their progression into a more "mature" sound for this record. i agree with whats stated before about this being the best pop rock record since new sing it loud. both solid releases

birtcho 07/16/10 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 71271832)
This is the funniest comment I've read since kidchino's comment right after yours. If you really think this is a good record, then the Mercy Mercedes album is going to be a sexual experience for you.

Very true statement. Although I did expect to like this more than Believe It, but I don't

xHoodieWeather 07/16/10 02:52 AM

i actually like this record more than most songs on Can't Stop Won't Stop.

Although these lyrics manage to be worst than the bad one liners in Eminem's Recovery.

Jake Waltham 07/16/10 03:02 AM

I actually like this album a Lot :P.

Meeze 07/16/10 04:04 AM

I guess I just don't understand how you can score Amber Pacific's new LP much higher than The Maine's. At the very least, both are equally as unoriginal and mediocre.

homicide hearts 07/16/10 04:25 AM

i don't think this album is the best thing in the world, but it's a lot better than you give it credit for. it may not be original but for what it is... a pop rock record... it's really really good.

rage6 07/16/10 04:26 AM

This band is absolutely awful.