Vamato, The - 10.05.10
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:
1. How did you get your band name?
Originally, the band wanted to be called The Amatto. We discovered the name was already taken, so we decided to be smart asses and put a V in front of it, hence The Vamato.
2. How did this band get started?
In January 2010, the band had booked a show at Reggies Rock Club (Chicago, IL) with no singer or bass player. Two weeks before the show, we formed the rest of the band, wrote 3 songs, and made our debut. We've been playing shows and writing music since!
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Aerosmith, Mars Volta, Guns and Roses, Queen, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Envy on the Coast, Suicidal Tendencies, D.R.I., and Buddy Rich.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
We are influenced by a lot of bands from the past and present. If we had to pick four bands we would want to tour with at the moment, it would be Aerosmith, Suicidal Tendencies, Circa Survive, and Red Hot Chili Peppers.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A lion. King of the Jungle!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We put a lot of passion and energy into our music. We think, overall, music has a direct tie to the heartbeat. We love what we do and the reaction we get from our fans. If anything, we think people should come onto our music because we're all poor, down to earth musicians, trying to turn our stories into noise.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Rock Band sucks!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
We hate the amount of sleezy booking/promoting agencies that throw local bands on a show with a big name band or radio station, and have the locals pay them hundreds when the big name usually doesn't even show. DON'T PAY TO PLAY!
10. Memorable tour experience?
Four dudes, One van!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Its a great place for local and big bands to get their music on the market.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
At the moment, it's a tie between "Tallahasse" and "Getting in Deep with the Sharks".
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Anywhere with good people and lots of beer!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Aerosmith, KISS, Metallica, Johnny Cash, and Motley Crue
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Teleporting..... Being in a van with four smelly dudes sucks.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Absolutely. We're broke as hell but doing what we love for a living. We couldn't ask for anything else.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We all are complete nerds. James and Steve love pokemon, Scott loves Disney movies, and Joe loves n64.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
The Fourth, hands down.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Scott is working on starting a clothing line, James loves video games, Steve does a lot of acoustic side work, and Joe is really involved with his dog and plays guitar constantly. Aside of that we all love to have a good time and drink beer with our dudes!
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Scott and James skateboard a lot, Steve can play guitar very well, and Joe is actually really good with a drum machine.
Saw these guys once, very talented.