AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Reviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
  -  Gay Blades, The - Savages (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1967952)

A7XXX 10/18/10 08:24 PM

I enjoy this record tremendously. I'm glad they're finally getting some recognition

runningohfive 10/18/10 08:29 PM

I love this album ten times more then Ghosts.

tossit 10/18/10 09:17 PM

Everyone keeps talking about this band. This review only makes me want to check this out more! Great review

Samc1803 10/18/10 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonBlonde407 (Post 77523412)
ive heard good things, who may i ask they sound like?

They really kinda do their own thing.

Keagan Ilvonen 10/18/10 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonBlonde407 (Post 77523412)
ive heard good things, who may i ask they sound like?

Check them out on myspace. Hard to really pin them down, just fun alternative/rock tunes.

Keagan Ilvonen 10/18/10 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tottivillarossi (Post 77506012)
Wow, a 90%?

Greg didn't even care for their first record and he absolutely loves Savages. On top of the fact that his forte is folk and occasionally pop-rock. I think that says enough about it.

tottivillarossi 10/19/10 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keagan Ilvonen (Post 77536542)
Greg didn't even care for their first record and he absolutely loves Savages. On top of the fact that his forte is folk and occasionally pop-rock. I think that says enough about it.

Okay, but first you have to tell me who Greg is.








I like this album and band, but I just don't think it's a 90%.

tottivillarossi 10/19/10 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonBlonde407 (Post 77523412)
ive heard good things, who may i ask they sound like?

They're kind of odd. They are pretty adept are switching genres casually through this album, so it's hard to pinpoint certain bands, but the vocalist reminds me of the dude from The Spill Canvas at times though.

Keagan Ilvonen 10/19/10 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tottivillarossi (Post 77542422)
Okay, but first you have to tell me who Greg is.








I like this album and band, but I just don't think it's a 90%.

Greg Robson, album reviewer on the site. The score is what it is, not like I based the review off the score. Just wrote what I felt and then picked scores as I thought they matched up with the material.

tottivillarossi 10/19/10 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keagan Ilvonen (Post 77542462)
Greg Robson, album reviewer on the site. The score is what it is, not like I based the review off the score. Just wrote what I felt and then picked scores as I thought they matched up with the material.

I've just noticed your avatar. My apologies. Your judgement is flawless.

Keagan Ilvonen 10/19/10 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tottivillarossi (Post 77542802)
I've just noticed your avatar. My apologies. Your judgement is flawless.

hahaha well thank you. Glad to know the AD fans are still thriving.

Gregory Robson 10/19/10 04:42 AM

I absolutely love this album. Holy crap it's awesome.

highfidelity203 10/19/10 07:09 AM

Great album and an awesome live band.

Ryzenfall 10/19/10 12:30 PM

Great album and review. I totally am getting flashbacks to The Honorary Title, vocally. This will only improve with time I think.

sk8ace 10/20/10 08:16 AM

Great band, Can't wait to get this album. They were awesome live. It was like a mix comedy show/ concert with tons of crowd interaction. (walking around the floor with mic and singing directly to the fans) I had no idea who these guys were before that concert.. Glad I was there!