AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Sitting Down With Steve Choi (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2344652)

Matthew Tsai 07/03/11 11:50 AM

Sitting Down With Steve Choi

In a new interview, Rx Bandits' Steve Choi talks about the bands' writing process, as well as their indefinite hiatus.
InterviewIt doesn’t feel like it, because it’s not really. People rely on a regular touring schedule from us, and all we’re doing is taking a break from that. We’re not setting anything into stone. We are by no means breaking up [in the way that] there’s no way we’ll ever play together again.

Submitted by TunedAgainst

bradsonemanband 07/03/11 11:52 AM

well this is good news

domotime2 07/03/11 11:53 AM

oh. hah, well i guess then i'm not seeing their farewell tour?

thesollopsist 07/03/11 12:35 PM

Good to hear, hopefully their pump out some studio releases.

bobcatbob18 07/03/11 01:19 PM

Can't wait until the 21st!

sargenthouse 07/03/11 01:24 PM

very strange headline for this bit of info. Decline of RX Bandits? they will never decline.

thatwasamoment 07/03/11 01:48 PM

1 ep release every year and an annual rxb christmas show is southern ca is all i need.

Matthew Tsai 07/03/11 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sargenthouse (Post 91390731)
very strange headline for this bit of info. Decline of RX Bandits? they will never decline.

You're right. After re-reading the headline, "decline" does sound a bit strange for a band that's just taking a hiatus. Going to change it now...

Trainsaw 07/03/11 03:47 PM

well the interview makes the situation sound a bit more hopeful than i thought, at least they'll possibly still make music together, it's a shame they won't tour again because they're one of the best live bands i've ever seen

AMackChuck 07/03/11 05:14 PM

I had heard about this. I really hope they release another album in the future.

I am Mick 07/03/11 05:39 PM

I'd be fine if they just keep releasing music and not even touring

TomWhaley 07/03/11 11:51 PM

Seeing them on Sunday. It's going to be dirty. What a good band

Ryan Rumsey 07/04/11 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am Mick (Post 91397712)

This is what i'm hoping for.

harveyn590 07/04/11 08:08 AM

im really appreciative of all the interviews choi is doing. really clearing stuff up and giving insight into the band

Tony 07/04/11 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Tsai (Post 91392442)
You're right. After re-reading the headline, "decline" does sound a bit strange for a band that's just taking a hiatus. Going to change it now...

Part of the problem with the "witty" headlines on this website. I'm hoping that shit falls by the wayside with the new version. /justsayin

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am Mick (Post 91397712)

I'm just the opposite. Their last album left me cold, and only seeing the songs performed live could get me to reconsider. I fully realize they'll never remake Progress or The Resignation, but even ATBB left me wanting more and seeing those songs live gave me a greater appreciation for them. Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to seeing them again in a few weeks - maybe it'll convince me to give Mandala another spin.