AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  All Time Low Begins Work on New Music (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2497712)

Thomas Nassiff 11/01/11 09:31 AM

All Time Low Begins Work on New Music

All Time Low have begun demoing new music for their next release, and in a new interview, Alex Gaskarth confirmed that the band will spend a large portion of December demoing as well.
From the InterviewBefore headed out on this tour, fans got excited at a tweet regarding you laying down some vocals on a new demo. Have you guys been demoing much?
I have been working. Weíve already started working on new music. This is the first time that Iíve been working on music from the road. Itís really cool. We have a lot of ideas brewing already. Iím really excited about the direction of the new music and where everything might be going. Weíre pretty excited. Itís possible that people could expect another form of release sooner than later.
POZ: And youíll continue writing on this tour?
Alex: Yeah, I donít see any reason to stop. We have quite a bit of this winter off as well and I think Iíll continue writing while weíre home in December.

Chuck! 11/01/11 09:34 AM

Hope it sucks a lot less than the recent trainwreck

justinwho 11/01/11 09:36 AM

there were some decent tracks on dirty work, but i'm much rather looking forward to what they'll do next.

njdevils327 11/01/11 09:39 AM

Wait so they're writing their own songs this time. #burn

Mr.Piano93 11/01/11 09:43 AM

everything is about a "new direction" for this band..

sammyboy516 11/01/11 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdevils327 (Post 97290492)
Wait so they're writing their own songs this time. #burn

We have a winner!

Manufactured Dreams 11/01/11 09:52 AM

I bet their writers are stoked to be working again.

whenwefirstmet 11/01/11 10:02 AM

damn, isn't this pretty much admitting dirty work never did what they expected?

crf1895 11/01/11 10:08 AM

that's great, alex. you guys are too good to waste your potential on that one album which i liked, but took with a grain of salt. or sugar, that'd be more appropriate. i'm curious to see on what direction you guys will be heading this time.

savemesarah 11/01/11 10:09 AM

please, make sure this is nothing like dirty work or nothing personal, alex.
they both kind of sucked.

Slovo 11/01/11 10:10 AM

Proof that pandering to get on the radio is a stupid move. I'm not asking for Put Up Or Shut Up Part 2, but I know they have it in them to write some great songs. Alex's voice is strong on it's own, and their musicianship is great enough without tons of effects. Come on now guys.

kidinthebushes 11/01/11 10:23 AM

I wonder if it will be released on Interscope/DGC?

the new dancer 11/01/11 10:24 AM

Weird I figured they were over the whole touring as support thing, never occured to me maybe they would want to do that.
I hope the new material is strong, I like a few of the songs off dirty work but there just isn't much lasting power in the album as a whole. I would really like to see them go back to writing stuff with meaning.

schlotty 11/01/11 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slovo (Post 97291622)
Proof that pandering to get on the radio is a stupid move. I'm not asking for Put Up Or Shut Up Part 2, but I know they have it in them to write some great songs. Alex's voice is strong on it's own, and their musicianship is great enough without tons of effects. Come on now guys.

Your avatar made my day.

Zack Zarrillo 11/01/11 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the new dancer (Post 97292132)
Weird I figured they were over the whole touring as support thing, never occured to me maybe they would want to do that.
I hope the new material is strong, I like a few of the songs off dirty work but there just isn't much lasting power in the album as a whole. I would really like to see them go back to writing stuff with meaning.

I think it's cool when bands that size can find a support tour. Like seeing TBS open for blink was beyond rad. I know that that's on a much larger scale, but it usually makes for a good package.