AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Make Do and Mend Set for 2012 Full-Length Release on Rise (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2530622)

Thomas Nassiff 11/30/11 12:30 PM

Make Do and Mend Set for 2012 Full-Length Release on Rise
 
Make Do and Mend will release a full-length album on Rise Records in 2012, as announced in AltPress' list of 2012's most anticipated album releases. It is estimated for a summer release. The record will be the band's first for Rise and recording will begin February 20 with producer Matt Bayles (Mastodon, Rocky Votolato, Botch).

Jason Tate 11/30/11 12:32 PM

Thanks for posting this Thomas.

Rob McWilliams 11/30/11 12:33 PM

Haha, so Jay was right after all.

Great news.

ACA 11/30/11 12:34 PM

Matt Bayles is doing the new Cursive record due this winter. For anyone who doesn't know, he was in Minus the Bear and did the keys/synths on Highly Refined Pirates. He's produced, written, and played on a lot of great records.

MDAM have so much potential, End Measured Mile was great.

I hope they don't blow it. I would hate to see this band embrace the Four Year Strong/A Day to Remember/whatever awful-ass bullshit is consuming bands these days. Here's to hoping, instead, for a killer record.

cwhit412 11/30/11 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACA (Post 98658992)
Matt Bayles is doing the new Cursive record due this winter. For anyone who doesn't know, he was in Minus the Bear and did the keys/synths on Highly Refined Pirates. He's produced, written, and played on a lot of great records.

MDAM have so much potential, End Measured Mile was great.

I hope they don't blow it. I would hate to see this band embrace the Four Year Strong/A Day to Remember/whatever awful-ass bullshit is consuming bands these days. Here's to hoping, instead, for a killer record.

ACA's douchey elitism shows...as in every post.
Either way, really enjoyed the acoustic EP. curious to see where they go with this. Still don't see how they fit in with the rest of the Wave, as the styles aren't even close.

HometownHero 11/30/11 12:36 PM

Lol cwhit just called someone a douchey elitist lol.

Christian Wagner 11/30/11 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwhit412 (Post 98659092)
ACA's douchey elitism shows...as in every post.
Either way, really enjoyed the acoustic EP. curious to see where they go with this. Still don't see how they fit in with the rest of the Wave, as the styles aren't even close.

How is that douche-y elitism?

Thomas Nassiff 11/30/11 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACA (Post 98658992)
Matt Bayles is doing the new Cursive record due this winter. For anyone who doesn't know, he was in Minus the Bear and did the keys/synths on Highly Refined Pirates. He's produced, written, and played on a lot of great records.

MDAM have so much potential, End Measured Mile was great.

I hope they don't blow it. I would hate to see this band embrace the Four Year Strong/A Day to Remember/whatever awful-ass bullshit is consuming bands these days. Here's to hoping, instead, for a killer record.

They absolutely won't go that route, I have more faith in this band than basically any band I've ever worked with in my life. They have a great sound, a sound that's JUST different enough to carry some water, and an excellent mentality. Their LP is my most anticipated for 2012 by far!

cwhit412 11/30/11 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christian Wagner (Post 98659182)
How is that douche-y elitism?

"I hope they don't blow it. I would hate to see this band embrace the Four Year Strong/A Day to Remember/whatever awful-ass bullshit is consuming bands these days. Here's to hoping, instead, for a killer record."

Thomas Nassiff 11/30/11 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownHero (Post 98659172)
Lol cwhit just called someone a douchey elitist lol.

BEST POST

cwhit412 11/30/11 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownHero (Post 98659172)
Lol cwhit just called someone a douchey elitist lol.

Lol at kyle laughing at someone else for calling someone a douchey elitist.

Rob McWilliams 11/30/11 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownHero (Post 98659172)
Lol cwhit just called someone a douchey elitist lol.


This is what I was thinking.

givemegravity 11/30/11 12:39 PM

Rise, you're doing it right.

Christian Wagner 11/30/11 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwhit412 (Post 98659242)
"I hope they don't blow it. I would hate to see this band embrace the Four Year Strong/A Day to Remember/whatever awful-ass bullshit is consuming bands these days. Here's to hoping, instead, for a killer record."

That's not elitism...that's stating an opinion.

ACA 11/30/11 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 98659232)
They absolutely won't go that route, I have more faith in this band than basically any band I've ever worked with in my life. They have a great sound, a sound that's JUST different enough to carry some water, and an excellent mentality. Their LP is my most anticipated for 2012 by far!


I don't expect it, but I'm scared for all of these "new" bands.

The temptation to put out a worthless record and cash in on a generation of dumb ass kids is just so large. It's so easy to do, and, until MDAM really establish themselves, it's a worry of mine. Though, a tour with Thursday, meWithoutYou, Aficionado.. covering Touche Amore.. endorsement from La Dispute, Pianos, etc.. that should erase that fear. Here's to hoping it's fucking awesome!