AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Glamour Kills Tour Support Confirmed (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2580652)

Lallysup 01/11/12 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeAL4W (Post 100960982)
Oh boy, this is gonna be fun.


We get to hang out :)

Maiaophilia 01/11/12 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fly_guy (Post 100966392)
I may end up going to Minneapolis when it comes down to it because I have a friend there. Im all for traveling far for shows. I live in Nebraska, I have to. But to like, skip the heart of the midwest on a tour like this kind of just sucks ya know? oh well though!

is your friend Spencer Williamson by any chance? Haha;

fna4 01/12/12 01:08 AM

Meh this is an unpopular opinion on this site but I find TWY and Transit decent, not great. The music the make isn't nearly as mind blowingly amazing as many make it out to be. Still this is a big improvement for this tour.

Corgkowznor 01/12/12 02:51 AM

SLIMS! giggity giggity!

Corgkowznor 01/12/12 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LessThan3 (Post 100948132)
:( Have class during this...

BLAH! are you taking exclusively night classes?

Caleb Cabrera 01/12/12 06:52 AM

Fuck.

maxswellrevenge 01/12/12 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 100932892)
It's an awesome tour man who really cares! They aren't everyone's moms, they're gonna tour with whoever they want, it's not their job to get small bands exposure!

i never said it was their job, it'd just be nice since so many bands did them the favor of bringing them out when they started years ago.

maxswellrevenge 01/12/12 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soupy (Post 100917882)
Once with PBC on a show we weren't even advertised on in a weird town in PA. I've with TSSF with their old lineup at a show no one attended in Oakland. I don't really know what you're trying to prove. We're taken tons of bands on tours. Not trying to be a dick but I really hate people armchair booking our shit.

ok so you've never toured with tssf or pbc, but you have toured with transit & al4w before. so you shouldn't say you haven't toured with ANY of those bands before. the point was why bring bands everyone already knows? where your band is at in this point of time you guys have the option to bring other bands people might not know about, that's all i was saying.

i was at this show with like 8 other people back in 2008, but you've never toured with any of those bands before.


Soupy 01/12/12 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxswellrevenge (Post 100983472)
ok so you've never toured with tssf or pbc, but you have toured with transit & al4w before. so you shouldn't say you haven't toured with ANY of those bands before. the point was why bring bands everyone already knows? where your band is at in this point of time you guys have the option to bring other bands people might not know about, that's all i was saying.

i was at this show with like 8 other people back in 2008, but you've never toured with any of those bands before.


You read that entirely backwards. I've done tours with AL4W and Transit but Transit was only the midwest. So I've only done a full US tour with A Loss For Words. I haven't toured with PBC and TSSF. One show is not a tour.

Soupy 01/12/12 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxswellrevenge (Post 100982862)
i never said it was their job, it'd just be nice since so many bands did them the favor of bringing them out when they started years ago.

Literally no one did us the favor of bringing us out until we could draw a serious amount of kids. Get your facts straight before you try to talk.

Caleb Cabrera 01/12/12 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxswellrevenge (Post 100983472)
ok so you've never toured with tssf or pbc, but you have toured with transit & al4w before. so you shouldn't say you haven't toured with ANY of those bands before. the point was why bring bands everyone already knows? where your band is at in this point of time you guys have the option to bring other bands people might not know about, that's all i was saying.

i was at this show with like 8 other people back in 2008, but you've never toured with any of those bands before.


Who the fuck cares who they choose to take. If the bands are good then shut up. It's not like "little bands" will never get on a tour. Into It. Over It. isn't particularly big and they're on this. Shame on The Wonder Years for taking good bands that people would love to see. Shame on you Soupy

maxswellrevenge 01/12/12 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caleb Cabrera (Post 100985262)
Who the fuck cares who they choose to take. If the bands are good then shut up. It's not like "little bands" will never get on a tour. Into It. Over It. isn't particularly big and they're on this. Shame on The Wonder Years for taking good bands that people would love to see. Shame on you Soupy

im from chicago and into it over it isn't even big here lol i love how you posted it then replied to me. and bands YOU'd love to see, not necessarily everyone else wants to see them.

Thomas Nassiff 01/12/12 09:43 AM

Not sure I remember anyone big taking TWY out before the Upsides was released - and really, months after that, when they began filling up tiny venues. Literally a week after the Upsides came out I saw them in probably a 60-capacity room in Tallahassee. Then there was a Crime In Stereo tour I think, but that was at another tiny place. Toward the end of 2010 they got taken out by some cool tours, but when you're already filling up places that can pack like 300 people or so, it's kind of a no-brainer. maxswellsrevenge here is talking about bands who still play to 30 kids a night.

Onermedboxer 01/12/12 11:00 AM

4-20, The Wonder Years, The Story So Far, Polar Bear Club... This can't be real

Lallysup 01/12/12 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxswellrevenge (Post 100982862)
i never said it was their job, it'd just be nice since so many bands did them the favor of bringing them out when they started years ago.


You should start a band, get big, and then you can take out whoever you want. Until then please don't talk.

fly_guy 01/12/12 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maiaophilia (Post 100971542)
is your friend Spencer Williamson by any chance? Haha;

YEP, how do you know him?! the fuck

Maiaophilia 01/12/12 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fly_guy (Post 100997902)
YEP, how do you know him?! the fuck


We hang out every so often. Haha; I think I met him on tumblr.

small world.

maxswellrevenge 01/12/12 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lallysup (Post 100995762)
You should start a band, get big, and then you can take out whoever you want. Until then please don't talk.

i can say whatever i want bryan.

Nourez 01/12/12 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon Allin (Post 100938482)
Gonna be insane.

The Annex is the best venue in the city. The fact that it's so easy to access via public transit is awesome. Seems like every other venue in the city needs 2 subways a streetcar and a bus to get to.

Brandon Allin 01/12/12 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nourez (Post 101025302)
The Annex is the best venue in the city. The fact that it's so easy to access via public transit is awesome. Seems like every other venue in the city needs 2 subways a streetcar and a bus to get to.

Amen. See you there!

overitsi22 01/12/12 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaytothesyg (Post 100962502)
Yeah it's really easy to get too! It's off a main road downtown! Im almost positive it will sell out so definitely get your tickets before! It'll be awesome!

Awesome, thanks a lot man, did tickets go on sale yet??

Jaytothesyg 01/12/12 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overitsi22 (Post 101036842)
Awesome, thanks a lot man, did tickets go on sale yet??


Jan 24 I think

calciumwaste 01/13/12 01:10 AM

I will be in Austin and San Antonio. So excited for this. So many good bands.

Ponyboy 01/13/12 02:14 PM

Sweet tour. Coming to NYC on my bday. Who wants to buy me a nice present?

overitsi22 01/13/12 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaytothesyg (Post 101037342)
Jan 24 I think

Perfect, thanks again

boomer08 01/13/12 03:01 PM

How is AL4W the second band playing? I guess I'll be leaving at like 8:00...

LessThan3 01/13/12 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corgkowznor (Post 100975252)
BLAH! are you taking exclusively night classes?

Lol, no, but I have 2 core classes that I probably wont be able to miss during the concert...

saddr weirdr 01/15/12 04:28 PM

one of my dates has AL4W and the other has IO.IO. stoked!

Colbag 01/16/12 12:30 PM

if you like all these bands like i do, check out this band. you won't be disappointed www.facebook.com/deartragedyli

jlansdale 01/17/12 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxswellrevenge (Post 101020442)
i can say whatever i want bryan.

the point of putting together a tour line up like this is to appeal to as many people as possible. Kids don't want to sit through a bunch of bands they've never heard of to see the headliner 4 hours later. Any point you've tried to make is completely invalid and you should probably do your homework and read peoples rebuttals more clearly before you talk.

Thomas Nassiff 01/17/12 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlansdale (Post 101348752)
the point of putting together a tour line up like this is to appeal to as many people as possible. Kids don't want to sit through a bunch of bands they've never heard of to see the headliner 4 hours later. Any point you've tried to make is completely invalid and you should probably do your homework and read peoples rebuttals more clearly before you talk.

YOU! I see they're letting just anyone into this website nowadays...

jlansdale 01/17/12 01:27 PM

yes thomas, they do. Kiss me.