AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Canadian Music Round-Up (02/05/12) (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2615842)

Deborah Remus 02/05/12 10:03 AM

Canadian Music Round-Up (02/05/12)

Head to the replies to read this week's Canadian Music Round-Up.

Canadian Music Round-UpIn case you missed them during the week, here are the posts made about Canadian content:

The Artist Life
Break Up

CFCF EP Release Date

City and Colour Show Review

Comeback Kid's Music Video For "Do Yourself a Favour"

Crystal Castles
Plan To Release a New Record This Summer

Drake Headlining This Year's Wireless Festival

Feist Tour Dates

Japandroids
Finish Recording Their New Record

The Maddigans Tour Dates

Marianas Trench
's Music Video For "Fallout"

Memoryhouse Give Away Another Free Track

Neil Young Claims "Piracy is the New Radio"

Obey the Brave
(featuring Blind Witness and Despised Icon) Release Debut Music Video

Protest the Hero US Tour Dates
/ Tim and Luke Release a Guitar Tab Book for Propagandhi's Supporting Caste

A Sight For Sewn Eyes Signs to Distort / Added to Cancer Bats' Spring Canadian Tour Alongside Touché Amoré

Silverstein
Premiere Two New Songs in This Month's Too Long; Do Read Article

The Stills Are Featured as Our Wednesday Spotlight

Teen Daze Release Date

Tegan and Sara Entering the Studio This Month

------------------------------------------------------------
Additional News:

Bishop Morocco
has signed to Arts & Crafts.

Boxer The Horse will release French Residency on March 13 independently.

------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Music and Videos:

Down With Webster's music video for "Royalty" can be seen here.

A new song from The Wooden Sky titled "Malibu Rum" can be heard here.

Modern Ghost's music video for "Without You" can be found here.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Tour Dates:

Crystalyne, Live The Story and Take Me To The Pilot will be playing Rock The Walls 2012 Wintour:

Feb 17 Club NV Brantford, Canada
Feb 18 Virgin Mobile Mod Club Toronto, Canada#
Feb 22 Casbah Hamilton, Canada*
Feb 23 515 Concert Club Cambridge, Canada*
Feb 24 Norma Jeans Tillsonburg, Canada*
Feb 25 The Masonic Lodge Mississauga, Canada*
Feb 26 The Music Box London, Canada*
Feb 28 L3 St Catharines, Canada*
Feb 29 Club Saw Ottawa, Canada*
Mar 01 Underworld Montreal, Canada*
# Only Crystalyne
* Take Me To The Pilot

Over The Top and We Were Sharks are heading out to the Maritimes for a short tour:

February 9th - Fredericton, NB - Gallery Connextion
February 10th - Charlottetown, PEI - Baba's Lounge
February 11th - Halifax, NS - The Pavilion
February 12th - Trenton, NS - Trenton Youth Centre

----------------------------------------------------------------
If you’d like to submit Canadian news to AbsolutePunk.net, email me at deborah.remus@absolutepunk.net or send me a PM with “Canadian Round-Up” in the subject line. I don't check the news queue often so that's probably the best way if you want to guarantee I'll see it.

It's been awhile since I've seen Cancer Bats headline, but I'm glad I waited because the openers this time are way better than in the past.

Otherwise, still too bad about The Artist Life. I wonder if Underground Operations went under as well, since they haven't updated anything since May.

brandon_260 02/05/12 10:25 AM

I really want to go to one of those Cancer Bats dates. I've been dying to see Touché Amoré. I also wish one of those Live The Story dates were closer to me.

Deborah Remus 02/05/12 10:35 AM

Yeah, Touché Amoré has been hyped by so many people on this site so I'm extra curious to see them. I always appreciate it when Canadian bands get American ones to open because they probably wouldn't tour across the country otherwise.

RockTheWalls 02/05/12 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandon_260 (Post 102472032)
I really want to go to one of those Cancer Bats dates. I've been dying to see Touché Amoré. I also wish one of those Live The Story dates were closer to me.

Wish they could have booked one inbetween on the 27th or a add few dates on the way home from MTL! Should be a lot of fun, my first time ever on tour. Thanks to Deborah/AP.net for posting about it!

Also with UO, Katie Clark left a couple weeks ago. Not too sure what is going on with them right now.

Deborah Remus 02/05/12 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockTheWalls (Post 102474802)
Wish they could have booked one inbetween on the 27th or a add few dates on the way home from MTL! Should be a lot of fun, my first time ever on tour. Thanks to Deborah/AP.net for posting about it!

Also with UO, Katie Clark left a couple weeks ago. Not too sure what is going on with them right now.

No problem! Interesting you got Take Me To The Pilot. I took some college classes with the singer's girlfriend, but I haven't heard much about them until recently... seems like they're finally starting to make a name for themselves.

And yeah, I noticed that. Apparently Mark is head of the A&R department at Universal Music Canada so I can't help but feel like that label is going to fade away like Smallman did.

Cøltøn 02/05/12 07:11 PM

So excited to see Touche Amore.

NickNodirection 02/06/12 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah Remus (Post 102472442)
Yeah, Touché Amoré has been hyped by so many people on this site so I'm extra curious to see them. I always appreciate it when Canadian bands get American ones to open because they probably wouldn't tour across the country otherwise.

They do but they won't announce the tour formally, for example Ladispute toured across the province of quebec last May and it was only pushed throughtout the shows they were doing in the province of quebec. Vanna did the same in 2009 and Stray did the same in September; just to name a few...

Deborah Remus 02/06/12 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickNodirection (Post 102531512)
They do but they won't announce the tour formally, for example Ladispute toured across the province of quebec last May and it was only pushed throughtout the shows they were doing in the province of quebec. Vanna did the same in 2009 and Stray did the same in September; just to name a few...

I'm not talking about province tours, I'm talking about cross country tours, haha. Not very many American bands tour across Canada and play all the provinces.