AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  The Westboro Baptist "Church" Protests Radiohead (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2666072)

Jason Tate 03/13/12 11:18 AM

The Westboro Baptist "Church" Protests Radiohead

The Westboro Baptist "Church" protests everyone. It's basically their shtick. Pick something popular, protest it, pretend to be outraged, get people riled up ... profit. So, the news that they're "protesting" Radiohead isn't really that surprising. Douchechilll.

Submitted by jjnunn118

iAMhollyood315 03/13/12 11:20 AM

these people and Harold Camping should hang out together.

Jeff_Ryan 03/13/12 11:22 AM

They have recorded some pretty hilarious Lady Gaga "parody" videos. I'd love to see their take on one of Radiohead's videos. Maybe "House of Cards"?

deanster321 03/13/12 11:24 AM

Lol freak monkeys

Uncalled Four 03/13/12 11:24 AM

stop covering their actions and giving them publicity and nobody will pay attention/care

heyimnic 03/13/12 11:26 AM

I love that even the WBC, the most hateful group I can think of in recent memory, can't even muster enough hate to call Radiohead "bad." Just "mediocre."

Holly HoX! 03/13/12 11:26 AM

(submitted this first thing yesterday)

ANYWAY, this group is just....idk. I already know this thread will probably turn into a huge discussion about religion. Oh well. All I want to say is that this group are made up of and ran by homeland terrorists. They are not Christian in any sense of the word. The fact that they tag a religion on their hategroup is blasphemous. They should all be snuffed out like Waco. I realize that even posting this news on the web we are only fueling the fire, but it's just insane the lengths the go to for their 'cause.'

The description they gave Radiohrad is hilarious.

mattisrawrock 03/13/12 11:26 AM

...And this is way I hate organized religion.

mackieinva 03/13/12 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncalled Four (Post 104637432)
stop covering their actions and giving them publicity and nobody will pay attention/care

so this, you're just biting on their hook, if people would stop reporting them and paying attention they lose all their power, how the hell has media not realized this yet.

craigboliver 03/13/12 11:28 AM

I see those fuckers at every big show in KC.

Fuck You Aurora 03/13/12 11:28 AM

Why even post this ? Stop giving them more attention !

Jason Tate 03/13/12 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mackieinva (Post 104637652)
so this, you're just biting on their hook, if people would stop reporting them and paying attention they lose all their power, how the hell has media not realized this yet.

They don't have any real power anyway.

Holly HoX! 03/13/12 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncalled Four (Post 104637432)

Nice thought but it wont happen. Ever major music news outlet posted this yesterday.

sweethypocrisy 03/13/12 11:30 AM

Quote:

Fred Phelps does not believe what he is doing. This is a scam.
It's a business. They travel the country, set up websites telling you exactly when they'll be there, and using the most inflammatory statements all over the place, just to get someone to violate their rights for profit. Then they sue the military, the police force that was to protect them, and everyone that is around them for money. This is a sham, and it is a trap to get people sued. Every member of his family is an attorney. Phelps does not break the law. What he does is try to make you break the law by trying to punch your sensibilities about everything you hold dear, and then sue you and everyone municipality around him to the max.
http://kanewj.com/wbc/

Holly HoX! 03/13/12 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mackieinva (Post 104637652)

There are 40 members TOPS in the "church."

Also, AP was the LAST major music news outlet to post aboy this, so yeah.