AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  The Used Release 2 New Songs, Confirm Warped (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2673872)

Alex DiVincenzo 03/20/12 06:08 AM

The Used Release 2 New Songs, Confirm Warped

Listen to two new songs from The Used: "Shine" and "Put Me Out." The band has also confirmed that they will be on Warped Tour this summer.

DickfaceChillah 03/20/12 06:28 AM

These songs are so fucking terrible and for some reason that makes me sort of happy. Ever since Bert came out with that embarrassing diatribe blaming the label for the last album being bad and talking up how this one was going to be sooooo much better I anticipated the music proving him wrong. AND HERE IT IS!

JordanKTM 03/20/12 06:29 AM

They're still relevant?

TooOLDforAP.Net 03/20/12 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DickfaceChillah (Post 105019252)
These songs are so fucking terrible and for some reason that makes me sort of happy. Ever since Bert came out with that embarrassing diatribe blaming the label for the last album being bad and talking up how this one was going to be sooooo much better I anticipated the music proving him wrong. AND HERE IT IS!

Couldn't have said it better myself!

mms13 03/20/12 06:32 AM

Decent songs after 1 listen each. "Shine" sounds a lot like something off Artwork, which I wasn't a big fan of. The stream quality of "Put Me Out" on the Hurley site is awful, I'll probably enjoy that one a lot more on the album. Sick guitar riff.

I'll still always love The Used because their first 3 albums were awesome, but I'll admit they have gone downhill.

BruceWayne 03/20/12 06:36 AM

I like these songs much more then the other two tracks released thus far....

bradsonemanband 03/20/12 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mms13 (Post 105019352)
I'll admit they have gone downhill.

it's nothing you have to admit. it's just fact.

"Shine" is the best track they've released so far though and it still isn't good.

Stephin_DC 03/20/12 06:39 AM

grungy dirty pop
not really my thing but it sounds exactly like he described it

providence36 03/20/12 06:40 AM

Nolessthanblink 03/20/12 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mms13 (Post 105019352)
Decent songs after 1 listen each. "Shine" sounds a lot like something off Artwork, which I wasn't a big fan of. The stream quality of "Put Me Out" on the Hurley site is awful, I'll probably enjoy that one a lot more on the album. Sick guitar riff.

I'll still always love The Used because their first 2 albums were awesome, but I'll admit they have gone downhill.

fixed. And even that's generous. I'd say self-titled was awesome, ILAD was pretty good, and LFTL was the beginning of the end for this band

mattplayscheap 03/20/12 06:46 AM

I feel like when he stopped screaming is when they started sounding bad. They lack all the aggression they had on the first few releases. I enjoyed how they'd have those rough/harder sounding songs then have one or two softer/pop like songs it balanced them well. They just aren't that good at writing pop sounding songs. Its not them. Its like Nirvana writing a powerpop album.

prefix-core 03/20/12 06:47 AM

I never loved the Used. But they always manage to have 2-4 songs on each record that are great pop songs, surrounded by all sorts of mediocrity. Still waiting on the greatness from this album...

Born_For_This 03/20/12 06:55 AM

Enjoy the first two songs i heard (I Come Alive, Hands And Faces) but Shine is just... poor. Put Me Out seemed good, even if the quality is fucking abysmal.
Agree with whoever said the first two albums were great, but the last two were mainly average with one or two good songs hidden in there.

XenoAbe 03/20/12 06:57 AM

Nothing special, but I don't hate it either.

brent_ster 03/20/12 07:01 AM

These are terrible, everything I've heard from this album is garbage so far.