AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Reviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
  -  All Time Low - So Wrong, It's Right (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=268583)

away-we-go 09/27/07 11:09 AM

Not their best, I like the acoustics of stay awake and six feet better than most of the album
I wish the vocals were more... Alex I guess?
And the lyrics are kind of different on some of the songs.
I was expecting better, I guess you could say
Some of the songs just seem random? But I guess the fact that they were trying to tell stories helps it make more sense
If that even made sense?

But regardless, it's still a great album.
It gets better every time I listen to it

Shatter590 09/27/07 11:10 AM

steal my thunder, why dontcha lol

aminorthreat55 09/27/07 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Henderson (Post 7664004)
Surprisingly fair rating :)

I would have given it lower in terms of staying power, but it is still a solid pop punk album. I am damn curious to see where their FW sales will be.

I think it's a grower. Plus it's a perfect driving record for this time of year.

imajerk 09/27/07 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydraulicheart (Post 7664818)
I was disappointed in the lyrics and that's what makes a CD for me - I had high expectations, I guess, after listening to The Party Scene for two years.

this record has SO MANY great lyrics. dear maria is one hook after another. and stay awakes "dedication takes a lifetime but dreams only last for a night". This cd is covered in clever lyrics

Hainzey X 09/27/07 11:13 AM

great review, rohan. i agree with pretty much everything you wrote. i love the lyrics, actually. hes not trying to do too much with them and they all work for the songs. i definitly wish this album came out in may as i see it being an amazing summer album, however i appriciate it for what it is nontheless. an extremely solid pop-punk album.

imajerk 09/27/07 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by away-we-go (Post 7664849)
Not their best, I like the acoustics of stay awake and six feet better than most of the album
I wish the vocals were more... Alex I guess?
And the lyrics are kind of tweaked on some of the songs.

But regardless, it's still a great album.
It grows on me more each time I listen to it

how are lyrics tweaked?

briXinRhands 09/27/07 11:16 AM

good review, agree with pretty much everything except Holly. I thought that was the worst song on the album

Tom Good 09/27/07 11:19 AM

I'm kind of excited for this. I need a pop punk fix, maybe I'll check it out. Good review Brohan.

anamericangod 09/27/07 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Good (Post 7664923)
I'm kind of excited for this. I need a pop punk fix, maybe I'll check it out. Good review Brohan.

Oh boy, you need to check it out.

Great album, I enjoy it immensely. Very sing songy, and that makes me happy.

whothehellispat 09/27/07 11:24 AM

good, but a down grade from their last effort

saving jonathan 09/27/07 11:25 AM

the jury's still out for me. I love parts of this album, others are growing on me.
overall, i think it's a solid album, and it will probably push this band to great, great heights.

and while this album does remind me of old TSL and NFG, i wonder how this band will mature in comparison to those bands.

Twikki 09/27/07 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydraulicheart (Post 7664818)
I was disappointed in the lyrics and that's what makes a CD for me - I had high expectations, I guess, after listening to The Party Scene for two years.

remembering sundays lyrics kinda tell a story, a very interesting one

amazing song too, 60 plays on my media player

saving jonathan 09/27/07 11:27 AM

and pass me another bottle honey, the jager's soooo sweet.

Mercy Medical 09/27/07 11:27 AM

The Party Scene is still their best release to date.

umendevery1weno 09/27/07 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron401 (Post 7664019)
THIS SHIT GOT AN 8 FOR LYRICS?
i love all time low & their ep, but after I bought this cd tuesday I was thoroughly disapointed.

yah the lyrics on this cd are very dissapointing. Don't get me wrong there are a few good lines here and there. Overall, their other stuff is 5xs better.