AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Staff Recommendations: April 15th, 2012 (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2707072)

Blake Solomon 04/14/12 10:37 PM

Staff Recommendations: April 15th, 2012

There's not a lot to say, other than spring is most definitely here. Which, yeah, is the most boring thing someone can say. Let's talk about the weather! Interesting! Maybe in the replies we just try and keep it real and discuss all the interesting things that have happened this past week. Whatever.
Blake SolomonThe best album, by far, that I have heard this year is All Get Out's The Season. It's passionate, tough and also, somehow, accessible. I honestly don't see something else this year hitting me like this album has. Oh, and, it came out in 2011. So, I'm stupid. However, Eyes Wide's When It's Raining EP and Pity Sex's Dark World are two records that have left a mark. So whatever, just enjoy music.

Ryan GardnerBasically, all I've listened to the past week is the upcoming The Tower and The Fool record, How Long. Easily one of my favorite records of the year. Also, planning to spend some more time with The Forecast's latest - really enjoyed it on first listen.

Adam PfleiderBands I saw this week: At the Drive-In, Zechs Marquise, Look Mexico, Sainthood Reps, All Get Out, Balance and Composure, La Dispute, Minus the Bear, Cursive, Black Joe Lewis. Life is good. Read this stuff and let's talk about life.

Alex DiVincenzoThis week I caught Set Your Goals on their tour with Cartel and heard their two new Chad Gilbert-produced tracks, so I've been listening to them a lot lately. I also discovered a lot of great bands in our fake records label discussion. And Ryan is right; that The Tower and The Fool record is excellent.

Kyle HuntingtonRe-discovered my love for Casually Here. If you are a fan of SBTRKT or The xx/Jamie xx then I highly recommend grabbing the PELT EP for free from here.

Jack ApplebyI've ranted and raved about Sucré all week; just gorgeous songs. NGHBRS has gotten a lot of love on long drives with the windows down, along with All Get Out - great rock tunes. For those of you progsters, the new Children of Nova record is fantastic. I've been going through older Anberlin in anticipation of RSD as well. Go listen to those bands, then re-watch the early seasons of The Office.

jess' man 04/14/12 10:49 PM

Don't care when The Season came out. Come and Gone is the most beautiful thing ever created.

Blake Solomon 04/14/12 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jess' man (Post 106361312)
Don't care when The Season came out. Come and Gone is the most beautiful thing ever created.

amorning_ofsleep 04/14/12 10:57 PM

kbi the crowing 04/14/12 11:17 PM

syntax omitted 04/14/12 11:27 PM

Jimmy Eat World b-sides. All of them!

And Brendan Rivera's No Ocean in Ireland. Sigur Ros' new album is beautiful too.

SafetyofRoutine 04/14/12 11:31 PM

All Get Out

abusedcat 04/14/12 11:42 PM

Been re-listening to The Suburbs by Arcade Fire a lot lately.

Blake Solomon 04/14/12 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SafetyofRoutine (Post 106363262)
All Get Out

InfiniteArms 04/15/12 12:05 AM

A Blast from the past:

Acceptance - Phantoms

ParkAvenue 04/15/12 12:13 AM

I've been listening to Trash Talk's Awake EP non-stop today.

njsuccessstory 04/15/12 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbi the crowing (Post 106362522)

This, seeing them live and the rest of Death Grips' The Money Store

Dry The River - Shallow Bed
Walk The Moon- "Anna Sun" (Can't get this song out of my head)
Jack White
Refused- Discography
Record Store Day (AP Thread)

Lastly, seeing Refused this week was amazing. One of the best shows I've been to ever.

BusterBluth 04/15/12 12:50 AM

Pity Sex- Dark World
Dowsing- All I Could Find Was You
BBNG- BBNG2
Japandroids- Post Nothing
Bright Eyes- Fevers and Mirrors

rudytherocka 04/15/12 12:58 AM

Pity Sex and Eyes Wide are definitely ruling right now. Good recommendations, glad to see these bands getting recognized!

Mochem 04/15/12 01:03 AM

Very awesome. It was a grower for me. Check it out if you like Grown Ups, Title Fight, good emotive punky stuff. And Jeremy Bolm of Touche Amore does guest vocals on one of their older songs apparently. So that's neat.

http://sweetweapons.bandcamp.com/alb...ick-ass-summer