AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  DragonForce Album Stream (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2708942)

Alex DiVincenzo 04/16/12 07:18 AM

DragonForce Album Stream

DragonForce's new album, The Power Within, is streaming here.

Fox83 04/16/12 07:29 AM

I was hoping they'd take more "risks" since they have the new singer (who is an improvement from their previous lead singer). This band has so much talent but is entirely handcuffed by the same tempo on every. song. I get that it's part of their identity, but how can you honestly sit in a studio and record some of this stuff thinking it stands out from your previous work? They took a few very small production risks on this one, but it's hardly a departure from their usual work.

When they occasionally do a ballad (which this album apparently lacks), their ability to work a melody and still add complex arrangements really shows.

Also, I'm pretty sure the members of Dragonforce were minstrels in medieval times in their previous life. If someone took these lyrics and sang them to a harp, it'd be obvious.

Lastly, I'll still listen to this album when I'm working out/ going for a run. I do enjoy this band for that reason.

Chuck! 04/16/12 08:10 AM

Kids who smell bad and wear WoW-themed t-shirts are stoked

seanthethief 04/16/12 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck! (Post 106418132)

hahahadhfahsdfhahsdafhsdhfahhah

Spencer Control 04/16/12 08:45 AM

It's headbanging time.

mattisrawrock 04/16/12 08:50 AM

Quote:

Holy shit :lol:

/thread

Dayleno 04/16/12 08:56 AM

It's Dragonforce. New singer sounds like the old singer in my opinion, but it's not bad for what it is.

signal to noise 04/16/12 09:22 AM

while i can't see myself listening to this entire album, my thoughts from two songs-

-singer is better, I can take him more seriously.
-lyrics are better, but are still Dragonforce lyrics.
-the changes/progressions of this band are very subtle, but so far it seems like this album has been one to change the least from album to album. not necessarily a bad thing if you like them.

lord of the rings in outer space. that is all.

amorning_ofsleep 04/16/12 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by signal to noise (Post 106421452)
while i can't see myself listening to this entire album, my thoughts from two songs-

-singer is better, I can take him more seriously.
-lyrics are better, but are still Dragonforce lyrics.
-the changes/progressions of this band are very subtle, but so far it seems like this album has been one to change the least from album to album. not necessarily a bad thing if you like them.

lord of the rings in outer space. that is all.

Lord of the Rings in Outer Space. That's why I enjoy listening to these guys. Love me some power metal.

Raarzipan 04/16/12 11:20 AM

They should have released this before they discontinued guitar hero.

permanentdan 04/16/12 04:05 PM

Quote:

hahahahaha perfect!

dawgkta6669 04/16/12 11:36 PM

high pitched vocals flip