AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Preorder Remastered Wonder Years Debut (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2716182)

elemenohpe 04/20/12 11:55 AM

i understand the band not liking this record but i'm pumped for the reissue.

first time hearing the upsides, i was disappointed because they got rid of the tongue and cheek humor that riddled all of soupy's lyrics. it didn't take long for me to realize they had grown a lot since this joke-y record.

my old pop-punk band played with TWY during this period and I remember jamming this record HARD prior to the show. had an amazing time singing along to these songs live and they'll forever hold a special place in my heart... no matter how silly they seem.

bojl 04/20/12 12:01 PM

sounds nice

broaddplease 04/20/12 01:01 PM

looooooooove

suicidalmoose 04/20/12 01:15 PM

thank god they god rid of those synthesizers, they really get on my nerves. other than that the songs are pretty cool

guitarguy211 04/20/12 01:23 PM

Cool, I look forward to hearing the new versions.

Maiaophilia 04/20/12 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeseven (Post 106680692)
I will say, I hated the artwork at first, but now it's starting to appeal to me. It's an obvious reference to the Penguin Classic series of books, with their "Pigeon Classics" at the bottom. Made me lol. Makes me now wish this had actually seen a physical release, specifically on vinyl (I know that will never happen but one can wish).

It's actually a jack Kerouac reference.... The cover to the Scrolls for on the road are exactly the same.

steve187 04/20/12 01:43 PM

love the wonder years but i think it's so dumb that they're embarrassed by this album. it's what got so many people into them initially, including me. it's obviously a huge joke and was them just having fun.

kidinthebushes 04/20/12 01:45 PM

I just bought the original version off AmazonMP3 a few weeks ago. Oh well..

GetUpAndrew 04/20/12 02:10 PM

Remastered versions sound totally cool, and I just can't wait to hear the new version of 'Bout To Get Fruit Punched Homie, which is my fav track on Get Stoked On It!.

Thomas Nassiff 04/20/12 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maiaophilia (Post 106687282)
It's actually a jack Kerouac reference.... The cover to the Scrolls for on the road are exactly the same.

You said this after someone posted a picture above you of exactly what you're talking about lol

tyler2tall147 04/20/12 02:23 PM

Kinda bummed this wont be the original "Six Dudes" release, but finally got around to comparing the 3 tracks that came out a couple years ago to the originals. Can definitely hear a difference. Specifically around the 1:45-2:00 mark of When Keeping It Real.

Would have been funny to name the release something like "These were the songs that made us sad", or something like that.

codeseven 04/20/12 03:11 PM

Yeah you guys are right, didn't realize it was an exact copy of The Road. All I noticed is it looks similar to the Penguin Classics as I used to work at Borders Bookstore hah.

Again, I'm really stoked for this. I mean, I already love this CD and it's only going to make it even better hearing it remastered. Buzz Aldrin - best song on this thing. Fuck yeah!

nickthehick2 04/20/12 04:20 PM

I hate how much they hate this album. I'm fine with the original mixing and the Pirate song seems slightly progressive and addicting.

daftpunker45 04/20/12 06:05 PM

I may just end up getting this because I mean, it's TWY.

Maiaophilia 04/20/12 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 106688912)
You said this after someone posted a picture above you of exactly what you're talking about lol

Yeah I just noticed that right after I typed it.