AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Health Issues Mean Rachel From He Is We Can No Longer Tour (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2726552)

Jason Tate 04/27/12 04:36 PM

Health Issues Mean Rachel From He Is We Can No Longer Tour

Rachel from He is We has sent us in a statement regarding the band's future. Due to health issues, Rachel can no longer tour - and the band is going to be bringing in someone else in the near future.
Message From RachelMusic has always been my dream. I began writing songs to express my feelings. Sadness, excitement, anger, hope, frustration, confusion, love. I poured everything I had into writing. When Trevor and I began making music together it was all fun. We eventually threw a few songs on some website called "MySpace" and one day realized people actually wanted to hear what we had to share and let us know the impact that our music had on their lives. Knowing our music helped and inspired people in turn helped and inspired us! We wrote more songs, started touring, got signed, and have continued to write music and tour the past few years. As many of you know, this has been a very difficult process on my health and happiness. I have dealt with a lot both physically and mentally. For several tours now, I have played our set and then was forced to retreat to our green room to cope with pain, nausea, panic attacks, migraines, and a lot of other really cool stuff that isn't fun to talk about like vomiting. . A lot of this culminated with us having to drop off our tour with All Time Low last fall. While we know we maybe let some of you down, the support and encouragement from all of you was tremendously helpful and overwhelming. Not being able to connect with all of you has been really hard. Our anthem has always been "We All Have A Story To Tell." He Is We Is all about connecting with you guys and sharing in our victories and struggles together. I haven't been able to do that for a few tours now and that is heartbreaking. Because of my accumulating health issues and concerns from my doctors and loved ones, I can not continue to tour. This is something very difficult to admit. Trevor and I have talked a lot about this and feel that my inability to tour should not be the end of the road for He is We. We will continue with our tour plans for the "Give It All Tour." Tomorrow we will introduce you to who will be filling in for me. It kills me that I can't be there, but I literally just can't tour. After our tour with The Summer Set and The Cab, I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis. Put simply, my vertebrae are fusing together. I am going through a form of chemotherapy for my condition and doctors don't know if I will ever truly be healthy enough to be on the road full time again. When I am on stage and can't hear myself singing because you guys are louder than the PA is a magical feeling that makes me feel that He Is We can't just stop because I can't tour. Our name, He Is We, basically means we are all in this life together. We as friends and fellow humans needs to pull our strength together and help however we can for the greater good of others. Truly and whole heartedly wish I could be there, but the show must go on. I love each and every one of you and appreciate all your thoughts and prayers. I will do my best to keep you all updated on our facebook and twitter. PS Trevor says if #GetWellSoonRachel trends, he'll sing the man part of "All About Us" Bamboozle.

March_Faster!! 04/27/12 04:41 PM

WHO is we? I never heard these guys, but good God was that a sad tale. Best of luck to her.

cwhit412 04/27/12 04:45 PM

Fuck, this is the worst. Very, very depressing, great fucking pop band.

fallfromgrace85 04/27/12 04:45 PM

Wow. That's shocking, and terrifying, and good for Rachel for trying to stick it out - that is a true artist. However, it would kill me to see her onstage and know that she's suffering. I hope that the fans are able to connect with the new vocalist - and seeing as she had a hand in who the fill-in is, I'm sure she'll be nothing but wonderful. I'll still be attending the tour.

Best of luck, Rachel. please keep us filled in and I know that you have an amazing support group - husband, family, friends - who will help you out every step of the way.

PermanentTourists 04/27/12 04:45 PM

:( That fucking blows. Such a cool girl. Hope she can get healthy.

Spartan789013 04/27/12 04:47 PM

Aw man that breaks my heart :(

romeoheart 04/27/12 04:47 PM

:( aww thats really sad, you were truly a wonderful singer, and an awesome person, you were so cool when i met you at the last bamboozled left. i have every dose pull though for you rachel, i'll keep thinking of you

Xiegfried 04/27/12 04:49 PM

That's kind of a bummer. I love Rachel's voice, so hopefully they got a good replacement. I wonder if she'll still be doing studio vocals.

anamericangod 04/27/12 04:51 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if another notable female, perhaps one that was in another band once upon a time, stepped in here.

Just saying.

Qadriyyah 04/27/12 04:54 PM

Aww man that sucks. Love her voice...

defy_stars 04/27/12 04:54 PM

My goodness that's so terrible. :-(

Wishing you the best, Rachel <3

steve187 04/27/12 04:56 PM

was gonna say "aka my substance abuse problem has gotten out of control" until i read it but damn, hopefully she's alright/gets better

low_rising 04/27/12 04:56 PM

bummer, she has such a great voice and personality

Freshman15Davey 04/27/12 04:58 PM

I get panic attacks when I play often as well. I feel her pain and hope she can get it under control.

Prae Omnia 04/27/12 04:59 PM

This sucks so much! But I love Rachel for trying so hard and caring so much despite her health issues. I truly hope she gets through this and is able to do whatever she wants again.

fallfromgrace85 04/27/12 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anamericangod (Post 107085732)
Wouldn't be surprised if another notable female, perhaps one that was in another band once upon a time, stepped in here.

Just saying.

You would.

Now I'm wracking my brain. Eh, tomorrow will be here soon enough.

JuneJuly 04/27/12 05:03 PM

:-( really shitty.

anamericangod 04/27/12 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fallfromgrace85 (Post 107086272)
You would.

Now I'm wracking my brain. Eh, tomorrow will be here soon enough.

;-) :whistle:

king vs. queen 04/27/12 05:09 PM

That is horrible, such a great, talented person limited by health issues :(
May her treatment and journey to wellness be smooth and promising.

11:11 04/27/12 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anamericangod (Post 107086552)
;-) :whistle:

Cassadee Pope maybe?

bradsonemanband 04/27/12 05:23 PM

such a bummer

fbrrocks 04/27/12 05:26 PM

aww this is so sad and i'll miss her in he is we so much

Fourchordwonder 04/27/12 05:28 PM

That sounds terrible. Hopefully her treatment goes well.

Raarzipan 04/27/12 05:29 PM

Wow that sucks, i don't know this band but man that is really brutal. That is the same thing Mick Mars from motley crue has and seeing how many surgeries he has had to has. I would not wish that on anyone.

Qadriyyah 04/27/12 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11:11 (Post 107087682)
Cassadee Pope maybe?

God, I hope not

Alltimelowffe89 04/27/12 05:31 PM

There guitar tech @kosublanca should do it he's like super cute hot and talented

11:11 04/27/12 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qadriyyah (Post 107088592)
God, I hope not

I'm not a fan either, but she's the only one I can think of at the moment who doesn't have a band right now that also sings this kind of music.

Qadriyyah 04/27/12 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11:11 (Post 107088742)
I'm not a fan either, but she's the only one I can think of at the moment who doesn't have a band right now that also sings this kind of music.

I know it makes sense but I just would hate that.

Meeze 04/27/12 05:39 PM

I wish her the best. Sad news.

fbrrocks 04/27/12 05:53 PM

it could be cady groves but i doubt it

lotusmilano 04/27/12 05:57 PM

Quote:

Just saying.

ZOMG MMMMHAYLEYMMMMMM

randys950 04/27/12 05:59 PM

i don't know this band, but i read her tears...ill pray that she'll be okay

deezee 04/27/12 06:05 PM

:-( I hope she gets better.

Rysker6 04/27/12 06:20 PM

Wow, I just got into these guys, this is pretty sad. As emo as it might sound, "Happily Ever After" is so friggin pretty. Yep, I said it.

Ashur 04/27/12 06:38 PM

This is such a shame, get better soon!

hisandherpes 04/27/12 07:18 PM

I'm supposed to see them Friday. This is extremely sad and unfortunate.

So is she just a studio member now?

Jhawker182 04/27/12 07:45 PM

Very sad news, hope for the best in fighting this! Regardless, I will enjoy this band and continue to support them.

hiya 04/27/12 07:48 PM

this is so sad, I knew she had medical problems but wasn't aware they were that severe. I wish Rachel the best and I look forward to seeing Trevor and whoever is filling in at Bamboozle.

Spencer Control 04/27/12 07:54 PM

That's so sad. I'm not a huge fan of this band, but they seem like genuinely friendly people. Thoughts and prayers are out for her.

Kyle Garchar 04/27/12 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11:11 (Post 107087682)
Cassadee Pope maybe?

Nah, in another band but not very notable.

kismet 04/27/12 08:15 PM

This is so sad. I never really got into them, but she has a lovely voice. I wish her all the best in her treatments.

camperfrequency 04/27/12 08:23 PM

Never listened to this band but sad story.. hope she can pull through

ari telescope 04/27/12 08:23 PM

Oh my god you can literally feel her heart breaking just reading her speak about it. That's got to be the saddest thing to have to go through.

They're one of the few newer bands that's won me over and I truly enjoy. That's so sad :(

I hope you feel better after a good break though. I'm sure people will still be buying songs of yours off iTunes if you continue to sing at home!

ari telescope 04/27/12 08:27 PM

Quote:

So, after all this chemo stuff, I'm actually getting worse. Really overwhelmed and feeling so torn.

I'm going to cry!

Nardes 04/27/12 08:45 PM

so sad and upsetting... nothing but positive thoughts go out to Rachel and the rest of He Is We crew

PengusNiugnep 04/27/12 08:46 PM

This is so sad. :-(

zephyrsong12345 04/27/12 09:00 PM

Quote:

Just saying.

It's not gonna be Mindy.

cavanaughpark09 04/27/12 09:05 PM

Her voice blew me away when I saw her on The Cab/Summer Set tour earlier this year. I'm so sad to hear she's having issues and going through something so painful. Wish her the best.

himynameisjm 04/27/12 09:17 PM

I hope she gets better and healthy soon! hopefully she continues as the main song writer : /

NoUse2808 04/27/12 09:18 PM

saw them 3 months ago and they played for 20 min and bailed.. makes sense now. It must be serious to give up on such a great thing. Hope she gets better soon