AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  AP.net Interview Questions: Japandroids, Make Do and Mend (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2782782)

Thomas Nassiff 06/11/12 11:39 AM

AP.net Interview Questions: Japandroids, Make Do and Mend

Japandroids' Celebration Rock has been heralded around these parts lately, and Make Do and Mend's Everything You Ever Loved is highly anticipated as its June 19 release date comes nearer. I'll be chatting with both bands this week, so feel free to leave any questions you want to ask them in the replies!

Jeff_Ryan 06/11/12 11:52 AM

Japandroids: Wanna hang out sometime?

Chris Collum 06/11/12 11:57 AM

Japandroids: I was at the second of the two shows you guys did in Grand Rapids, and noticed you dudes had a bottle of Jack on stage. Is that Japandroids' alcohol of choice, and if not, what is?

Holly HoX! 06/11/12 11:58 AM

Japandroids: will you please cover "Bastards of Young" when you play Minneapolis?

Chris Collum 06/11/12 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly HoX! (Post 109216192)
Japandroids: will you please cover "Bastards of Young" when you play Minneapolis?

YOU: Will you please record this if they do it? Would shit. Everywhere.

_veges_ 06/11/12 12:07 PM

I would be curious to know what MDAM thinks of all the Jimmy Eat World comparisons they've been getting with their new album

Holly HoX! 06/11/12 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris92 (Post 109216382)
YOU: Will you please record this if they do it? Would shit. Everywhere.

Ha I would if I had anything to get acceptable quality video from. Would love to hear them cover a Mats tune. Wu Lyf did "Swinging Party" when they played 7th Street.

gabrielM 06/11/12 12:20 PM

Japandroids: Are there any plans for more extensive US touring soon? Particularly south-east. Like florida. Where I live. Lol. If they say no, say please.

projectmayhem16 06/11/12 12:49 PM

Japandroids: what current bands would you guys most like to tour with?

Xiegfried 06/11/12 12:51 PM

Japandroids: You seem to take a less-is-better approach to albums when it comes to song count, choosing a few longer, quality songs as opposed to an album with 13+ songs. Do you feel that albums are better when shorter as opposed to being drawn out or did both albums just kind of turn out that way?

Chris Collum 06/11/12 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly HoX! (Post 109216662)
Ha I would if I had anything to get acceptable quality video from. Would love to hear them cover a Mats tune. Wu Lyf did "Swinging Party" when they played 7th Street.

Damn, really? That's awesome. I always got the tiniest bit of a 'Mats vibe from "We Bros" so that's super cool haha.

thesollopsist 06/11/12 04:10 PM

Japandroids: Any plans to hit up the UK? I'd be down like charlie brown. Loving the new album, glad to be a new fan. Keep it up.

70x7 06/11/12 06:52 PM

For JPNDRDS-

What is more special. Having a record that is getting tons of praise from mainstream press and you are suddenly everybody's favorite band, or touring off of Post-Nothing with minimal press but pulling into new cities not knowing what to expect, but playing to sold out small rooms to people who knew every word to every song.

sjb2k1 06/11/12 08:09 PM

lol bangwagon

gabrielM 06/24/12 09:58 AM

still no japandroids interview :redsiren: