AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Lamb Of God Frontman Has Not Been Arrested: Story Update (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2804742)

Thomas Nassiff 06/29/12 09:55 AM

Lamb Of God Frontman Has Not Been Arrested: Story Update

Update: Randy is free.

A fairly complicated story has been developing last night and this morning regarding charges made against Lamb Of God frontman Randy Blythe. Although it was first reported via a Czech news site that Blythe had been arrested and charged with manslaughter, with some claims that he faced 5-10 years in prison, the band's PR firm has sent out a statement saying that no charges have been filed yet. The alleged arrest came in regards to a May 24, 2010 incident at a show in Prague, Czech Republic, where Blythe attacked a fan who rushed the stage. The fan fell off the stage and harshly hit his head, and died after being comatose for two weeks. The statement from the band's PR firm is below, and we'll update with news whenever something is confirmed. It seems as though an investigation will continue over the weekend.
From Adrenaline PRLAMB OF GOD management will be issuing an official statement on Monday regarding the charges made against singer Randy Blythe. As no formal charges have yet been made and the case is only in the investigation stages, it would be premature to make an official statement filled with false truths or innuendos.

Having said that, management wished to address today one false piece of information that has been included in many of the news stories released so far. Under no circumstances was there a fight of any kind involved. This incident deals with a fan that three times during the concert jumped the barricade and rushed Randy during the performance. It is alleged that the third time, security was not able to reach him and that Randy pushed him back into the audience where supposedly he fell and hit his head.

Again, until the investigation is concluded this weekend, nothing more will be released, but clarity and the facts needed to be addressed on this one reported point which is totally inaccurate.

Holly HoX! 06/29/12 10:04 AM

Whoa

ARo2431 06/29/12 10:06 AM

Over two years later why are they now looking to press charges? Pretty crazy situation....seems like a freak accident.

Lysrothtuck 06/29/12 10:10 AM

At worst, it sound like Randy was simply trying to defend himself from a person running directly at him.

PandaBear! 06/29/12 10:15 AM

IMO it would be harsh for him to get serious jail time for that, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got at least a year. An accident clearly, but a dude died...

njiata603 06/29/12 10:17 AM

This is unbelievably bizarre. Hopefully Randy and the boys make it home safe and this whole thing blows over.

seymourbuttes 06/29/12 11:09 AM

I guess they were waiting on him being back in Prague for that bullshit... Fuck eastern Europe.

WishYouAway 06/29/12 11:27 AM

I mean, I guess, that technically is manslaughter, or at least negligent homicide. He didn't mean to kill the guy, but pushing him off the stage into the crowd like that is certainly causal enough for charges that reflect an absence of motive.

live4music 06/29/12 11:33 AM

If there was really no problem, why was their show last night canceled?

TheRealJohnOC 06/29/12 11:38 AM

Any videos of the incident?

ffadam 06/29/12 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARo2431 (Post 110041432)
Over two years later why are they now looking to press charges? Pretty crazy situation....seems like a freak accident.

Maybe it's the first time LOG have been back to the Czech Republic and only chance to have got him since.

Rysker6 06/29/12 01:03 PM

From what I've read, it was Randy moving the kid towards security away from the stage.

Ricketts 06/29/12 01:46 PM

That's pretty sad for the guy. Randy obviously didn't do anything wrong but I hate when people die from dumb shit.

steve187 06/29/12 01:47 PM

he won't spend a day in jail

TheNewBlack88 06/29/12 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PandaBear! (Post 110041882)
IMO it would be harsh for him to get serious jail time for that, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got at least a year. An accident clearly, but a dude died...

Self-defense does not constitute jail time. This is clearly an example of idiots being retarded at rock shows thinking their actions will not have consequences and then ending up dead.