AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Reviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
  -  Forever Came Calling - Contender (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2824212)

punchlinekid182 07/18/12 06:07 AM

this is really great, lyrics are solid.

ViTOP 07/18/12 08:35 AM

These dudes are currently on tour so, if there is a show near you........... GET TO IT !!
I love this record.

seems I have posted this pic alot lately ;)

and another well written review from Thomas.

TSLataris 07/18/12 08:40 AM

I do prefer the WTP record over this one. Still pretty solid, though.

Ryan Gardner 07/18/12 08:48 AM

Guess I'll go check these dudes out!

ALT/MSC/FAN 07/18/12 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandon_260 (Post 110755362)
Best pop punk release this year. Crazy hooks on this thing.

You kind of dropped the ball on that RIYL. Those bands probably won't get people to check this out, except for TSSF.

What would you compare them to? I haven't listened to anything by them besides whatever was played in the Warped Tour doc.

Thomas Nassiff 07/18/12 09:26 AM

This is a lot better to me than the With The Punches and I Call Fives. It's weird though, I'm going to review the I Call Fives and it's kind of the same deal as this album, where a lot of the songs sound the same, I just think this album is much better.

KingOfSpain 07/18/12 10:50 AM

This is a great review. I'm stoked to see how far these guys have come. Can't wait to give it a spin!

Drew Beringer 07/18/12 11:44 AM

I wouldn't say it's your typical poppy pop-punk album since this album is better than 90-95% of the genre out there

Thomas Nassiff 07/18/12 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 110766702)
I wouldn't say it's your typical poppy pop-punk album since this album is better than 90-95% of the genre out there

Did you read the review, that's exactly the point I made.

"Contender is your typical poppy pop-punk album, its 10 songs only managing to run the course of 24 minutes ... While bringing nothing new to the table in terms of creativity, Contender is a better execution of this style than any record in at least a couple of years; and with the way this genre works, you can’t ask for more than that."

mikeandike1993 07/18/12 12:05 PM

i love this album. it leaked yesterday and i had to get it as soon as i could. probably gonna purchase within the week of official release. great review, i love your reviews, always check in on here to see if you praise something extremely highly or an album im anticipating.

Drew Beringer 07/18/12 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 110767442)
Did you read the review, that's exactly the point I made.

"Contender is your typical poppy pop-punk album, its 10 songs only managing to run the course of 24 minutes ... While bringing nothing new to the table in terms of creativity, Contender is a better execution of this style than any record in at least a couple of years; and with the way this genre works, you can’t ask for more than that."

I just wouldn't have used the word typical.

tozborne 07/18/12 12:53 PM

Really really stoked on this record. Best dudes, fantastic record.

Avalanche1 07/18/12 01:08 PM

Just gave this a first spin, really liking it. I think the short songs work really well for their style. Also I love the re-recorded Front Porch Sunrise so much more than the split version.

Passion Man 07/18/12 02:50 PM

This better not have dorky back up vocals in it.

YOUAREtehSCENE 07/18/12 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsheiskawy (Post 110755622)
i'm guessing the "*" was meant to lead to a footnote saying to listen to more than one pop-punk record this summer?

not a fan of any of the riyl bands, but was still planning on checking this out.

I can't stand man overboard, but the rest are so good.