AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Reviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
  -  Forever Came Calling - Contender (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2824212)

circletheworld 07/18/12 03:01 PM

review made me check it out... i can dig

bobsheiskawy 07/18/12 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOUAREtehSCENE (Post 110777322)
I can't stand man overboard, but the rest are so good.

watching five minutes of man overboard was the worst waste of my time at warped.

saddr weirdr 07/18/12 03:14 PM

if you like Senses Fail, you'll most likely dig this band. Vocals are pretty similar.

Drew Beringer 07/18/12 05:07 PM

other than my one very slight nitpick haha this is a good review and I totally agree with it, best pop punk album of the last 2-4 years

DylanPPPP 07/18/12 05:09 PM

Band sounds exactly like State Champs.

This is a good thing.

I like this record but I don't feel it's as incredible as everyone is saying it is. Ides is a hell of a track.

blackmold 07/18/12 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsheiskawy (Post 110778042)
watching five minutes of man overboard was the worst waste of my time at warped.


I love MOB on record but I watched them at Warped and got bored after about 10 mins. I tried to tough it out but they were just so boring.

Thomas Nassiff 07/18/12 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsheiskawy (Post 110755622)
i'm guessing the "*" was meant to lead to a footnote saying to listen to more than one pop-punk record this summer?

not a fan of any of the riyl bands, but was still planning on checking this out.

I forgot to make the footnote at first but I added it in later haha

xBranx 07/18/12 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DylanPPPP (Post 110783682)
Band sounds exactly like State Champs.

This is a good thing.

I like this record but I don't feel it's as incredible as everyone is saying it is. Ides is a hell of a track.


I don't really agree on the comparison. But both bands deserve the attention they've been getting.

Avalanche1 07/18/12 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkim4007 (Post 110778352)
if you like Senses Fail, you'll most likely dig this band. Vocals are pretty similar.


Lolwut

TZE 07/18/12 11:25 PM

damn i was waiting for this album for sooooo long i'm gonna die when i get my hands on it

steve187 07/19/12 02:52 AM

i like this a lot

saddr weirdr 07/19/12 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalanche1 (Post 110795312)
Lolwut

idk, to me the most obvious similarity was the vocals (minus the screaming). when I first heard this band, all I could think of was "man this sounds like a lighter version of Senses Fail." maybe it's just me though.

ViTOP 07/19/12 05:53 AM

So many great hooks on this record.
For a debut full length, they really made a statement with this. Perfect album title as well.

In reference to State Champs, I feel SC sound more like I Call Fives. Eitherway it's all good.

Ponyboy 07/19/12 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkim4007 (Post 110799712)
idk, to me the most obvious similarity was the vocals (minus the screaming). when I first heard this band, all I could think of was "man this sounds like a lighter version of Senses Fail." maybe it's just me though.

Nah don't see it in the vocals at all tbh. Vocals remind me of The story so far much more.

UglyMug 07/19/12 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 110783612)
other than my one very slight nitpick haha this is a good review and I totally agree with it, best pop punk album of the last 2-4 years

I feel like that is a pretty big statement, considering, how some people could argue, that the last few years have been pretty strong for pop punk releases.

I'll definitely have to check this out.