AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Interviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
  -  The Teeth - 08.30.12 (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2875032)

Jeremy Aaron 08/30/12 09:47 PM

The Teeth - 08.30.12

The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

The Teeth

www.facebook.com/theteethrot

Answered by Johnny and Joey of The Teeth

1. How did you get your band name?

When youíre driving down the highway and youíre in the passing lane trying to get back in the driving lane, often a fellow motorist wonít let you back in. Always show them your teeth. It never fails. They will let you in every time. They probably think ďAre they crazy?" "I donít want to find outĒ ďIíll let them back in!Ē Thatís the motivation behind The Teeth.

2. How did this band get started?

We have been playing in bands for years together. The Teeth actually developed after our 6 year touring band couldnít keep a second guitarist, so we stuck with one and started writing. The Teeth emerged.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

Each member has their own specific tastes of music but we have one common love for music and one common aggression.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

Tough question, there are so many amazing bands. I think we would all have a different answer. Nirvana, Rage Against The Machine, Refused, Every Time I Die, Converge, Stray From The Path, Letlive, Stick To Your Guns. The list could go on forever.

5. Best food to eat on tour?

Wings, Blue Cheese, period.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

We are real. What you see is what you get. We address real issues and try to provide the means for people to forget about their problems and just let loose.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

FLOYD MONEY - Heís the best at what he does.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

Our families, fans, and Howard Stern.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

That people would actually support good music and not the cookie cutter shit the music industry feeds you to make an easy buck.

10. Memorable tour experience?

Filling a chocolate Easter bunny with mustard and watching our target take a huge bite out of it. The image was priceless.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

Itís a place for people to be plugged into new music and current music news.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

This is very hard question. We all have our individual favorites. We love "Homewrecker" as a whole so much that writing a set list is a chore because we can't fit all the songs in.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

Walmart Parking Lot

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Our answers would vary with each member, but they include Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Rage, Radiohead, Goldfinger, Greenday, MxPx, Toadies, Frank Zappa, Black Sabbath, The Beatles, Green Day, Weezer and more.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

Johnny would love to be able to read minds, while Joey would choose teleportation. Why not?

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

Some of us have a pre-show drink (Jager for Johnny) while Joey focuses on: "Not eating + Not drinking = Not shitting my pants on stage"

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

Johnny - I always have a pen on me.
Joey - I like Raiders more than Temple of Doom

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

We really donít listen to radio. Mostly Howard. I think if people are looking for pure passion and aggression they will find The Teeth. Sirius is awesome though. No ads and tons of awesome music and programming. Terrestrial is absolute nonsense at this point unless you get some good college radio or the few and far between, "Rock" programming.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

EAT

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

EATING