AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Nas Releases Music Video For "Bye Baby" (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2875142)

Keagan Ilvonen 08/30/12 11:15 PM

Nas Releases Music Video For "Bye Baby"

The music video for Nas's "Bye Baby" can be seen here.

swimbearswim 08/30/12 11:15 PM

Still can't believe Aaron Hall is in this shit.

TorontoMatt 08/30/12 11:27 PM

nas is good but bad. he hardly ever changes his flow, dynamic, voice. One Mic he finally slowed down and showed some emotion, but everything else is so similar to each other

PermanentTourists 08/30/12 11:28 PM

Glad he's good again.

Keagan Ilvonen 08/30/12 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorontoMatt (Post 112487132)
nas is good but bad. he hardly ever changes his flow, dynamic, voice. One Mic he finally slowed down and showed some emotion, but everything else is so similar to each other

New album is fantastic.

TorontoMatt 08/30/12 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keagan Ilvonen (Post 112487242)
New album is fantastic.

will then give it a shot. i hope it's good, I always hoped he would be up there with the greats. He just hadn't proven himself.

Keagan Ilvonen 08/30/12 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorontoMatt (Post 112487422)
will then give it a shot. i hope it's good, I always hoped he would be up there with the greats. He just hadn't proven himself.

I think with the new album he's solidified himself as a great. Production, flow, beats, lyrics all top notch.

swimbearswim 08/30/12 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorontoMatt (Post 112487422)
I always hoped he would be up there with the greats. He just hadn't proven himself.

Been proven to be one of the greats since Illmatic in '94. Hate to be that guy, but.. yeah.

TorontoMatt 08/30/12 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimbearswim (Post 112487572)
Been proven to be one of the greats since Illmatic in '94. Hate to be that guy, but.. yeah.

One album doesn't make you a great. Um that's not me, Jay Z said that about Naz.

/that other guy

Firm-Phone Tap was legit though.

swimbearswim 08/30/12 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorontoMatt (Post 112487672)
One album doesn't make you a great. Um that's not me, Jay Z said that about Naz.

/that other guy

Guess so. Jay-Z chooses better production and experiments with his flows more. I'll take that argument. But Nas is possibly one of the main influences for most of these dudes today putting out true lyricism. Jay is too though. I feel you.

Dustin Harkins 08/31/12 12:57 AM

Quote:

/that other guy

Once you check out Life Is Good, I'm sure you'll agree it's at LEAST two albums now. I'd argue five great albums.

Still less than Jay though.

TorontoMatt 08/31/12 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimbearswim (Post 112487772)
Guess so. Jay-Z chooses better production and experiments with his flows more. I'll take that argument. But Nas is possibly one of the main influences for most of these dudes today putting out true lyricism. Jay is too though. I feel you.

I haven't liked a Jay Z album post blue print, but he's still arguably the best because he experiments and adapts. You are spot on. Naz is amazing, and Jay Z wouldn't be easily the better rapper if Naz changed his flow now and then. when he did on One Mic it was a chart topper, he just has to remember to change it up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin Harkins (Post 112489262)
Once you check out Life Is Good, I'm sure you'll agree it's at LEAST two albums now. I'd argue five great albums.

Still less than Jay though.

I'll definitely check it out. He's been getting a lot of radio play on XM so I want to think that they're really going to/continue to push this album.

Hardknock Life (song)- example of Jay changing his flow for each verse. The last verse kills me every time.

PetitnaindesĪles 08/31/12 05:02 AM

favorite song, glad he mades it into a video

Holly HoX! 08/31/12 08:01 AM

Quote:

/that other guy

"One album"

Lol

killbabykill14 08/31/12 08:31 AM

Nas will go down as one of the greats. Lyrically, he's only second to Rakim in my eyes.

This album rules.