Negative Three - 09.27.12
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:
1. How did you get your band name?
Well, it is a three-man band, but in all honesty, it came from the fact that -3 +44 has a sum of 41. You know, like the other two bands. Because we're original.
2. How did this band get started?
I'd been in a few other bands, and my friend had just started listening to blink-182, and said that he could totally imagine some random word being a song title, and then hummed a bassline. So I taught him bass, and he learned how to sing, and we got a drummer. Cool shit.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
blink-182, Guttermouth, NOFX, Descendents, Undeclinable Ambuscade, Lagwagon, Unwritten Law, Bigwig, Chixdiggit, Reset, Green Day, ALL, Bad Religion, fluf, Frenzal Rhomb, The Hives, Ratcat, Screeching Weasel
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
blink-182, because they're already rich and can pay for a bus, plus we actually like their music and they're hilarious. And then probably something like Katy Perry, so we'd get VIP treatment, and a chance to alienate teenaged girls across the world.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Anything cheap. Diarrhea is the reason public bathrooms were invented.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because I will come to your house for sex and cookies if you do. (NOTE: As of September 26th, 2012, this offer is no longer valid.)
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Someone retired. I hate sports.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Bob Ross. Bob Ross only.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The fact that solo artists seem to be more popular than bands nowadays. SHARE THE LOOOOOOOOVE WITH YOUR BANDMATES.
10. Memorable tour experience?
If we had ever been on tour, we probably would have torched a park bench or something, so pretend we did that.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a place for the best type of my favorite thing...wait, AP doesn't mean Asian porn, does it? OK. Well, it's a cool place for sharing music. Is that a nice, PC answer?
12. What is your favorite song to play?
That's not ours? Probably Boring by blink-182. Outside of our genre, Salsa by 311.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
My house. I don't take vacations, because I can't be within fifty yards of an elementary school, and I'm not taking any chances.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Pearl Jam and the Jackson 5.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Stopping time. Because you could use that for literally anything.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
We like to sacrifice a lamb before we go onstage. But doing it on stage is a BIT too far. (We're looking at you, Mayhem)
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I am a HUGE fan of funk rock. RHCP, Old Incubus, 311, Primus, Faith No More, Moe, etc.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Local radio, yes. But everything is either pop or classic rock. Not that I listen to the radio enough to really pass judgment on it.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can clap with one hand. And if anyone tells you they invented that, they're lying.