AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Cartel Talks About New Album (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2911642)

Christian Wagner 10/04/12 03:20 PM

Cartel Talks About New Album

On a recent episode of The Gunz Show, Will Pugh revealed some details regarding Cartel’s next album. The band has plans to finish recording by the end of November and will have the album mixed by Zack Odom and Kenneth Mount. Listen to the interview here.
In This InterviewIt’s not done – we still have to do vocals. We did all the music, but there’s still vocals… we expect to try to have the record, at least on our end, completed by the end of November. We actually just came to the decision yesterday that Zack and Kenny are mixing the record.

guitarguy211 10/04/12 03:22 PM

Can't wait for this to come out. Sounds like it'll be so good.

Say Hello 87 10/04/12 03:42 PM

They always record so quickly love it.

The Gunz Show 10/04/12 03:44 PM

had a blast with this interview. will added some interesting stories. definitely tune in if you can.

- Gunz

phillipjacob 10/04/12 03:50 PM

I loved that last ep that came out, was just talking about how Good Cartel was last night actually. Awesome news.

billyboatkid 10/04/12 04:02 PM

fuck yeah so stoked for this

Broden Terry 10/04/12 04:17 PM

I have such an attachment to Self-titled, so I'm hoping a few influences from that record find its way into this upcoming full-length in some capacity. That being said, although it contradicts what I just wrote somewhat, I hope they also continue to naturally progress.

Stephin_DC 10/04/12 05:48 PM

Its crazy to think how big this band has fallen. After Chroma they were suppose to be what All Time Low is today, probably even bigger as they are much less juvenille and Will is a way better lyricist and singer imo. Just shows how an awful second record can kill a bands momentum. Its unfortunate as I still think Chroma is the best pop rock record I've ever heard.

Excited for new material none the less

Khouse89 10/04/12 05:50 PM

cartel 4 life

ghelms88 10/04/12 05:53 PM

I've never hated an album they've released. Very, very excited for this.

TheGoodnightMoon 10/04/12 06:37 PM

Looking forward to it, these guys can do no wrong.

kidinthebushes 10/04/12 06:42 PM

I've seen them 2-3 times since they've starting putting out music again but I think I'm finally over these guys.

spunkmastaflex 10/04/12 08:23 PM

I only have one question for them... will their new record's title be one word that starts with the letter C?

Searos 10/04/12 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephin_DC (Post 113834442)
Its crazy to think how big this band has fallen. After Chroma they were suppose to be what All Time Low is today, probably even bigger as they are much less juvenille and Will is a way better lyricist and singer imo. Just shows how an awful second record can kill a bands momentum. Its unfortunate as I still think Chroma is the best pop rock record I've ever heard.

Excited for new material none the less

Different and Awful and not synonymous. It was different but honestly its lyrics and overall sound was better than Chroma. Chroma was just catchier. I honestly like Chroma more than their self-title but I would never deny their self title to be the Superior record in overall musicianship and maturity. Despite that I do think the Q/A off Chroma was the high closest thing of the same level of their self title. Both are awesome albums. Cycles was alright but their EP had potential as it bridged Chroma and their self title in the best ways. Seriously give their self title again. It may not be the All Time Low alternative or the Chroma 2 people expected but it is a very well done pop rock album that deserves praise.

radxbandit 10/04/12 09:01 PM

so i guess i should expect the record to sound flat. i hope i'm proven wrong! looking forward to hearing some new songs from cartel, and hoping it's as consistent as chroma was. nothing else they have done since chroma has been as good all the way through, though cycles does have some excellent songs on it.