AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Another New Dead Rabbits Song (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2912342)

Keagan Ilvonen 10/05/12 07:43 AM

Another New Dead Rabbits Song
 
The Dead Rabbits' (Craig Mabbit of Escape The Fate) new song "Sleep The Night Away" can be streamed in the replies.

Keagan Ilvonen 10/05/12 07:44 AM


cwmartin 10/05/12 09:18 AM

And this band name isn't "The Dead Mabbits" because......?

rocknroll365 10/05/12 09:40 AM

i'm not sure how many songs are on this ep but this is the 4th, i believe, that he's released already. not leaving much left for people who actually buy it. this song isn't bad though. the guy has a good voice, he just doesn't seem to be a great song writer.

Born_For_This 10/05/12 10:21 AM

Guy can't write a decent song for shit.

knoxvillee 10/05/12 10:27 AM

Did he wrote the stuff in BTF? Cause I liked that.

bobsheiskawy 10/05/12 10:32 AM

2 t's.

mikeisonfire 10/05/12 11:21 AM

Sounds like something D.R.U.G.S. would've written.

Steve Alcala 10/05/12 11:29 AM

God this is terrible. That production on his voice sounds so drowned and muddy. The song is boring and the chorus rhythm is EXACTLY the same in every one of his song. Terrible song writing.

the seventeenth 10/05/12 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknroll365 (Post 113854562)
i'm not sure how many songs are on this ep but this is the 4th, i believe, that he's released already. not leaving much left for people who actually buy it. this song isn't bad though. the guy has a good voice, he just doesn't seem to be a great song writer.

1. world of disaster
2. nuthin but a reject
3. air i breathe is you
4. on top of the world (ft. monte money of escape the fate)
5. edge of reality
6. sleep the night away
7. make me believe it (ft. caleb shomo of attack! attack!)
8. are you on drugs?
bonus track: making x-mas cover (ft. kevin thrasher)

So I think two songs and the TWA track (original, or maybe a new rendition?) haven't been heard yet. The Pledgemusic page also said it might have more tracks.

Redpaperkut 10/05/12 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knoxvillee (Post 113856472)
Did he wrote the stuff in BTF? Cause I liked that.

I liked that stuff too, but I think some of the others members wrote a lot of it; if I remember correctly.

the seventeenth 10/05/12 11:47 AM

Not DR's best song, but it's decent. That chorus sounds like something Linkin Park might do, and I prefer the verses. Anyway, production is still mediocre.

JoshIsArealBoy 10/05/12 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeisonfire (Post 113858842)
Sounds like something D.R.U.G.S. would've written.

You mean John Feldmann?

Ann Arbor 10/05/12 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the seventeenth (Post 113859922)
1. world of disaster
2. nuthin but a reject
3. air i breathe is you
4. on top of the world (ft. monte money of escape the fate)
5. edge of reality
6. sleep the night away
7. make me believe it (ft. caleb shomo of attack! attack!)
8. are you on drugs?
bonus track: making x-mas cover (ft. kevin thrasher)

So I think two songs and the TWA track (original, or maybe a new rendition?) haven't been heard yet. The Pledgemusic page also said it might have more tracks.

Stoked he's re-recording are you on drugs?

iseejosh 10/05/12 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the seventeenth (Post 113859922)
1. world of disaster
2. nuthin but a reject
3. air i breathe is you
4. on top of the world (ft. monte money of escape the fate)
5. edge of reality
6. sleep the night away
7. make me believe it (ft. caleb shomo of attack! attack!)
8. are you on drugs?
bonus track: making x-mas cover (ft. kevin thrasher)

So I think two songs and the TWA track (original, or maybe a new rendition?) haven't been heard yet. The Pledgemusic page also said it might have more tracks.

isnt kevin thrasher in this band? why would he be a featured artist? i could be wrong.

the seventeenth 10/05/12 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iseejosh (Post 113865842)
isnt kevin thrasher in this band? why would he be a featured artist? i could be wrong.

When that cover came out I believe it was just a stand alone Mabbitt solo track (maybe ETF?), not a Dead Rabbitts track. I think Thrasher decided to leave or was just replaced by Alex Torres (ex. Greeley Estates, Alesana) in September. Thrasher still contributed musically on the guitar when Craig recorded the rest of the EP in California, so maybe the xmas cover was just a stand alone.

mikeisonfire 10/05/12 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshIsArealBoy (Post 113861562)
You mean John Feldmann?

Yes, that sounds like a better description actually!

rocknroll365 10/05/12 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the seventeenth (Post 113859922)
1. world of disaster
2. nuthin but a reject
3. air i breathe is you
4. on top of the world (ft. monte money of escape the fate)
5. edge of reality
6. sleep the night away
7. make me believe it (ft. caleb shomo of attack! attack!)
8. are you on drugs?
bonus track: making x-mas cover (ft. kevin thrasher)

So I think two songs and the TWA track (original, or maybe a new rendition?) haven't been heard yet. The Pledgemusic page also said it might have more tracks.

i thought are you on drugs title looked familiar. i heard twa version years ago while he was on vox and it was pretty good, but i also thought everything he done with them was better than a lot he's done the last few years. smart of him to have a side project goin though. etf really seem to be on the outs, unless their new album does good, i could see it bein the last.