AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Personal Life (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
  -  Anyone currently living in Boston? (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2913242)

abbysmith 10/05/12 10:33 PM

Anyone currently living in Boston?

I'm here for college but I haven't really made any friends yet and I'm sort of lonely/bored out of my mind. Does anyone care to maybe hang out or just suggest something fun to do alone so I don't go stir crazy from sitting in my room all day? ARIGATO

Fame<Infamy 10/06/12 05:37 AM

I think you may be the only person living in Boston. Sorry.

Alex DiVincenzo 10/06/12 05:37 AM

I'm in southeastern MA, but I go to Boston for a lot of shows. There's always a lot of great ones coming through. And the Coolidge is awesome for movies.

the seventeenth 10/06/12 06:34 AM

I live down south near Worcester, but I too visit Boston regularly for concerts. Go to Paradise Rock Club for a show if you have the chance, I went this past April for the first time and thought it was a cool venue.

G apostrophe Ra 10/06/12 09:41 AM

I just moved here for school too and have had a similarly slow time meeting new homies. I go to Emerson. Where are you?

Bryan Mac 10/06/12 10:45 AM

I live in Boston. Wuddup gurrrl

brook183 10/06/12 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fame<Infamy (Post 113889682)
I think you may be the only person living in Boston. Sorry.

Hahahaha

abbysmith 10/06/12 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G apostrophe Ra (Post 113893242)
I just moved here for school too and have had a similarly slow time meeting new homies. I go to Emerson. Where are you?

I'm at BU

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Mac (Post 113894812)
I live in Boston. Wuddup gurrrl

Eyyyyy

Bryan Mac 10/06/12 03:32 PM

There really isn't anything interesting to do in the city.

HarryPotter 10/06/12 03:42 PM

Boston is one of the biggest cities, there's things to do. Just meet people in class, that's the easiest way. I went to law school across the water and always found myself in Boston. But I met most of my friends in school.

abbysmith 10/06/12 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Mac (Post 113901772)
There really isn't anything interesting to do in the city.

Nah man I just don't have anyone to do stuff with. I wanna go to the aquarium super badly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryPotter (Post 113901922)
Boston is one of the biggest cities, there's things to do. Just meet people in class, that's the easiest way. I went to law school across the water and always found myself in Boston. But I met most of my friends in school.

Don't u hate me or something
I'm having trouble making friends cause most of my classes right now are giant lectures because I'm a freshman and I feel super overwhelmed making friends in that situation. My only class that's small and intimate is my Japanese class but that's all cliquey international students.

Bryan Mac 10/06/12 07:33 PM

I will go to the aquarium at any time with anybody.
There is a goddamn shark and ray touch tank. You can touch a goddamn shark.

allthewaysaid 10/06/12 07:45 PM

DTF?

abbysmith 10/06/12 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Mac (Post 113906522)
I will go to the aquarium at any time with anybody.
There is a goddamn shark and ray touch tank. You can touch a goddamn shark.

Go with me then, I dare you

Quote:

Originally Posted by allthewaysaid (Post 113906722)
DTF?

Naw man naw I'm pure 4 lyfe

HarryPotter 10/06/12 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abbysmith (Post 113904232)
Don't u hate me or something
I'm having trouble making friends cause most of my classes right now are giant lectures because I'm a freshman and I feel super overwhelmed making friends in that situation. My only class that's small and intimate is my Japanese class but that's all cliquey international students.

While lecture classes are harder to infiltrate, it's still not hard. If you want a guy friend just say "wanna study together." Nothing more, nothing less. You might want to add "I have no idea what's going on" if you wanna play the damsel in distress. That's all girls said to me. I miss college, it was so easy back then.

And why would I hate you? What was it you did to grind my gears?