AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  ABSOLUTExclusive: Nightmare of You/Nightmares For A Week Song Streams (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2914872)

Drew Beringer 10/08/12 10:51 AM

ABSOLUTExclusive: Nightmare of You/Nightmares For A Week Song Streams

Remember Nightmare of You? They've always been a favorite of the AP.net staff and we're thrilled to exclusively bring you a new song from the band's upcoming Nightmares 7" split with the punk group Nightmares For A Week. As an added bonus, we're also streaming a new NFAW song from the split as well. You can stream both songs in the replies as well as pre-order the split from Paper + Plastick here.

Drew Beringer 10/08/12 10:51 AM

"Box Of Hops" - Nightmare of You

"Mr. Grimm" - Nightmares For A Week

Thomas Nassiff 10/08/12 10:55 AM

Thanks Drew, we're really excited about working with NOY and hopefully some people will check out the NFAW song as well, I love that band.

fgevilmonkey 10/08/12 11:04 AM

Amazing that it's been 8 years since NOY first released their demos. I really thought they were going places back then but the band never evolved. This is a pleasant song, though.

heyzombiehitler 10/08/12 11:08 AM

Is nightmare of you going to start being more active again? And where the hell are my new cathedrals lps?

GoWaitInTheCar 10/08/12 11:11 AM

NOY was looking like they were gonna take off and then Brandon had a few issues come up, they ended up making their new (at the time) recorded songs as an EP instead of an LP. Then they disappeared. With all their momentum gone they released an LP years later and nothing came of it.

I don't know if they can re-light that fire but I'd love for Nightmare of You to be a household name.

InaGreendase 10/08/12 11:21 AM

This is the best NOY song in a while. NFAW have always been cool and this track sounds killer. Looking forward to this.

irthesteve 10/08/12 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWaitInTheCar (Post 113957572)
NOY was looking like they were gonna take off and then Brandon had a few issues come up, they ended up making their new (at the time) recorded songs as an EP instead of an LP. Then they disappeared. With all their momentum gone they released an LP years later and nothing came of it.

I don't know if they can re-light that fire but I'd love for Nightmare of You to be a household name.

Their second full length was so bittersweet because there actually were some great tracks on there but the whole thing was plagued with poor production and it just didn't sound like they were able to make it into what they wanted. I really, really love the band though

George_mm 10/08/12 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWaitInTheCar (Post 113957572)

Definitely thought NOY was going to end up being huge, such a shame when stuff like that happens.

Bigbeat 10/08/12 12:34 PM

NFAW!!

Love the new NFAW song. MR. GRIMM!!!!!!

Lawliet 10/08/12 01:10 PM

Thank you so much for this. I have loved this band so much and was thankfully able to see them once before their hiatus. Come back to us, NOY, we miss you. Oh, and the new song sounds fucking fantastic. Loving this other song from the other band too.

themattrace 10/08/12 01:28 PM

This is absolutely allowed. Yes.

Dan1boy 10/08/12 01:37 PM

Count me in as another NOY fan of their first, incredible album. Brandon and the boys should've been huge stars by now. Can't understand why it didn't catch on. Bad publicist? Bad timing? Who knows. This tune is great. Looking forward to more.

grimis16 10/08/12 01:43 PM

I literally am Mr. Grimm. Seems like I have a new theme song :)

Avalanche1 10/08/12 01:55 PM

Digging the new NFAW song