AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Entertainment (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
  -  Lego: The Piece of Resistance (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2947832)

irthesteve 11/09/12 01:20 PM

Lego: The Piece of Resistance
 
February 28, 2014

Morgan Freeman
Chris Pratt
Will Arnett
Channing Tatum
Elizabeth Banks
Liam Neeson
Will Ferrell
Alison Brie
Nick Offerman

Directors: Phil Lord and Chris Miller (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, 21 Jump Street)

Quote:

Pratt leads the animated 3D adventure as a rather ordinary minifig named Emmet. Somehow, this “perfectly average” fellow gets mistaken for a powerful Master Builder, and Emmet finds himself recruited to help defeat the evil overlord President Business. Ferrell will play that villain, a megalomaniacal CEO with personal issues. Carrying out his nefarious orders will be Taken star Neeson, who plays henchman Bad Cop.

Offerman and Larson, meanwhile will be on the side of good. Offerman is set to voice a pirate seeking revenge against President Business, which leads me to believe Lord and Miller are big fans of Ron Swanson’s recurring pirate costume on Parks & Recreation. Larson’s character description is vaguer. Deadline describes her as a teammate of Emmet’s with “a powerful secret,” while The Film Stage adds that her name is Lisa and that she has some sort of connection to Batman (voiced by Arnett).

As previously reported, Freeman will play a character named Vitruvius. Banks’ part has not been revealed at this time.

irthesteve 11/09/12 01:21 PM

That cast... jeeze

mbarney82 11/09/12 03:38 PM

wait a lego movie with these actors? cant tell if serious or not. especially with ferrell and freeman. mhmmmmmm

josepablo32 11/09/12 05:12 PM

The new incorporations are awesome.

irthesteve 11/09/12 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbarney82 (Post 115240462)
wait a lego movie with these actors? cant tell if serious or not. especially with ferrell and freeman. mhmmmmmm

it's serious, serious and confounding

_veges_ 11/09/12 05:38 PM

This is to good to be real

bladerdude360 11/09/12 06:39 PM

I'm confused as to what this would even be about? That being said, there are a shit ton of good people in this if it's real.

jwicklun 11/09/12 06:43 PM

Damn, that is a talented cast.

Whalejaw 11/09/12 08:27 PM

Oh man the things I would do to an Alison Brie minifig.

irthesteve 11/09/12 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladerdude360 (Post 115245822)
I'm confused as to what this would even be about? That being said, there are a shit ton of good people in this if it's real.


I promise it's real

josepablo32 11/09/12 09:11 PM

I thought its premiere date would be sooner.

blackmold 11/09/12 09:12 PM

Daamn, what a cast.

bladerdude360 11/09/12 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irthesteve (Post 115249132)
I promise it's real


Do you know what it's about?

irthesteve 11/09/12 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladerdude360 (Post 115250872)
Do you know what it's about?

I suppose I can add it to the OP

Quote:

Pratt leads the animated 3D adventure as a rather ordinary minifig named Emmet. Somehow, this “perfectly average” fellow gets mistaken for a powerful Master Builder, and Emmet finds himself recruited to help defeat the evil overlord President Business. Ferrell will play that villain, a megalomaniacal CEO with personal issues. Carrying out his nefarious orders will be Taken star Neeson, who plays henchman Bad Cop.

Offerman and Larson, meanwhile will be on the side of good. Offerman is set to voice a pirate seeking revenge against President Business, which leads me to believe Lord and Miller are big fans of Ron Swanson’s recurring pirate costume on Parks & Recreation. Larson’s character description is vaguer. Deadline describes her as a teammate of Emmet’s with “a powerful secret,” while The Film Stage adds that her name is Lisa and that she has some sort of connection to Batman (voiced by Arnett).

As previously reported, Freeman will play a character named Vitruvius. Banks’ part has not been revealed at this time.

Roboman 11/11/12 04:17 PM

LEGO and that cast? Will watch.