AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Personal Life (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
  -  Abusive NH Couple Finally Found (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2969052)

RyanPm40 11/30/12 03:09 PM

Abusive NH Couple Finally Found
 
I don't know if this has just been local news because I live pretty close to this town, but it's been on the news non-stop for weeks. The abusive parents of a 3 year old child who caused serious burns and brain injury and just dropped him off at the hospital have finally been caught in Florida. Thank God.

http://myfox8.com/2012/11/29/nh-coup...-year-old-son/

People like this sicken me.

musicfan9795 11/30/12 03:24 PM

Happy that these people were caught. It's been getting tons of coverage here obviously. Can't believe there are so many scumbags in this world.

TorontoMatt 11/30/12 04:20 PM

Never heard of it but the damage is already done

RyanPm40 11/30/12 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorontoMatt (Post 115946682)
Never heard of it but the damage is already done


Yes, but now it will stop continuing, at least from the same person(s). I really hope these two get a good punishment out of this. Injuring a child is despicable :\.

TorontoMatt 11/30/12 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanPm40 (Post 115946772)
Yes, but now it will stop continuing, at least from the same person(s). I really hope these two get a good punishment out of this. Injuring a child is despicable :\.


Agreed. But don't these people usually plea insanity?
But then that girl that glued her babies hand to the wall got some serious time.

RyanPm40 11/30/12 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorontoMatt (Post 115946842)
Agreed. But don't these people usually plea insanity?
But then that girl that glued her babies hand to the wall got some serious time.


Maybe in Toronto where you're from? Insanity plea does sometimes happen, but not always, and usually the government is pretty thorough in investigating the defendant and making sure it isn't a bullshit excuse to get out of prison time. Of course, anything can happen and we'll never know until the case ends! All of NH has been pretty damn outraged about this for weeks now (it's literally been on the news like every 10 minutes xD) so I think the jury will side with the innocent child more :shrug:. Hopefully!

What is this story about the woman who glued a kid hands to the wall, btw? I think this is the first I've heard of it- I'm rather curious!

seymourbuttes 11/30/12 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicfan9795 (Post 115945072)
Happy that these people were caught. It's been getting tons of coverage here obviously. Can't believe there are so many scumbags in this world.


AND IN NEW HAMPSHIRE OF ALL PLACES!

musicfan9795 11/30/12 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seymourbuttes (Post 115948032)
AND IN NEW HAMPSHIRE OF ALL PLACES!

Yeah, not much happens here. It's quiet, which I kind of like. Not to mention it's about an hour to Boston. Great place.

RyanPm40 11/30/12 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicfan9795 (Post 115948572)
Yeah, not much happens here. It's quiet, which I kind of like. Not to mention it's about an hour to Boston. Great place.


Haha pretty true, nothing really does happen here too much. I feel like our cops must get pretty bored sometimes, at least when they aren't chasing people down for stupid, small stuff due to boredom from lack of real crime xD.

I remember when the cops in our town put out a bill to build an expensive, state-of-the-art police department with some sort of fancy work out gym in it. They already all own Dodge Chargers. We live in a small, suburban town with no major businesses, no crime, that is made up of mostly middle-class/upper-class white people. You can bet your ass the town voted against that pretty quickly haha there is absolutely no need for that kinda stuff here, it's ridiculous lol

musicfan9795 11/30/12 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanPm40 (Post 115950082)
Haha pretty true, nothing really does happen here too much. I feel like our cops must get pretty bored sometimes, at least when they aren't chasing people down for stupid, small stuff due to boredom from lack of real crime xD.

I remember when the cops in our town put out a bill to build an expensive, state-of-the-art police department with some sort of fancy work out gym in it. They already all own Dodge Chargers. We live in a small, suburban town with no major businesses, no crime, that is made up of mostly middle-class/upper-class white people. You can bet your ass the town voted against that pretty quickly haha there is absolutely no need for that kinda stuff here, it's ridiculous lol

Pretty much the same thing in my town. Just a few small businesses downtown, and strip malls on the outskirts towards Manchester. Absolutely nothing goes on. No real places to commit crimes, which is great.

RyanPm40 11/30/12 07:01 PM

Oh nice, you're near Manchester? I'm about 35 mins south, I've got a couple friends there. Actually took a class at MCC this summer haha.

TorontoMatt 12/01/12 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanPm40 (Post 115947232)
Maybe in Toronto where you're from? Insanity plea does sometimes happen, but not always, and usually the government is pretty thorough in investigating the defendant and making sure it isn't a bullshit excuse to get out of prison time. Of course, anything can happen and we'll never know until the case ends! All of NH has been pretty damn outraged about this for weeks now (it's literally been on the news like every 10 minutes xD) so I think the jury will side with the innocent child more :shrug:. Hopefully!

What is this story about the woman who glued a kid hands to the wall, btw? I think this is the first I've heard of it- I'm rather curious!


Elizabeth Escalona. Texas. 23. Big news on CNN in october. Sentenced to 99 years. So your runners should get more time if lucky

chrislauren 12/01/12 07:53 AM

"Police say Dow and Linscott told them by phone that the boy’s injuries were self-inflicted"

Seriously?

PepperminCherry 12/01/12 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorontoMatt (Post 115946842)
Agreed. But don't these people usually plea insanity?
But then that girl that glued her babies hand to the wall got some serious time.


Pleading insanity is almost not worth it. You get put in a state mental institution with real crazy people. If you've seen the latest season of American Horror Story, it's like that, just with more medication and less supernatural happenings. And then when or if ever, you're deemed healthy, you either go to trial or spend your time in prison. So it's better to just plead guilty.

I hope these people get a nice long time. I hadn't heard of this story, but something somewhat similar happened in my town. This guy beat his girlfriend's year and half old daughter to death and then tried to say she fell off the bed.

RyanGarner 12/02/12 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicfan9795 (Post 115948572)
Yeah, not much happens here. It's quiet, which I kind of like. Not to mention it's about an hour to Boston. Great place.


Best fucking state but some bad stuff happens here like this and the Mont Vernon home invasion. Glad they got caught.