AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Maker in Bad Accident (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2969332)

Blake Solomon 11/30/12 09:03 PM

Maker in Bad Accident

Maker were in a terrible accident today while traveling to Texas on tour. Their Suburban flipped, ejecting a few people, one of which is in critical condition. The band have setup a donations paypal, which you can donate to at this email - makerdonations@gmail.com. Please keep the band and it's touring family in your thoughts and prayers.

Soupy 11/30/12 09:14 PM

So awful. We'll be auctioning some stuff starting tomorrow to help with medical costs. I imagine other bands will be doing the same.

xBranx 11/30/12 09:15 PM

This is terrifying man. Will be doing everything I can tomorrow to help out. Never forget this risks that touring bands take to play your city.

guill89 11/30/12 09:26 PM

Sad, a friend of mine introduced me to the band this afternoon.

Life sucks.

The Old Black 11/30/12 09:27 PM

:-(

InfiniteArms 11/30/12 09:33 PM

Great group of people. Sucks that this happened. Their music never disappoints. I hope for a speedy recovery.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soupy (Post 115956802)
So awful. We'll be auctioning some stuff starting tomorrow to help with medical costs. I imagine other bands will be doing the same.

I'll buy, totally worth it.

Archael 11/30/12 09:50 PM

that's a shame, good band, looking forward to a new album or whatever

StephenYoung 11/30/12 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xBranx (Post 115956872)
This is terrifying man. Will be doing everything I can tomorrow to help out. Never forget this risks that touring bands take to play your city.

Touring bands aren't special people. This pretty much applies to anyone in a car lol

Although Maker are great dudes. Might donate something tomorrow.

ACA 11/30/12 10:15 PM

Best wishes.

Jake Jenkins 11/30/12 10:18 PM

my thoughts are with the band.

PirateSkater182 11/30/12 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenYoung (Post 115957832)
Touring bands aren't special people. This pretty much applies to anyone in a car.

Obviously. Not everyone on the road is driving a van with hundreds of pounds of gear for hours upon hours weeks at a time. All it takes is something to happen with the trailer and youre fucked.

This is terrible and I wish nothing but the best for them.

ssteveohh 11/30/12 10:28 PM

Tour is scary, we've had a few close calls ourselves. Can't imagine what they are going through, hope they recover quickly.

alexa_ATL 11/30/12 10:37 PM

Damn this is a local band for me, heart goes out to them.

wtfjaked 11/30/12 10:40 PM

Never heard of them before. Checked them out. They're awesome. This is very unfortunate. Will be donating when I get paid next.

Blake Solomon 11/30/12 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenYoung (Post 115957832)
Touring bands aren't special people. This pretty much applies to anyone in a car lol

Although Maker are great dudes. Might donate something tomorrow.

dont understand why you felt the need to post that. touring bands are different, 100%, for the simple fact that not many people, make their living by literally spending all day and night in sometimes old or used cars/vans trying to make a fucking buck so assholes on websites like this can steal their music. anyone that can do this is a special type of person, and they should be treated as such. sure, nobody made these guys join a band, but this is how they get by and it's a dangerous and tough enough life as it is, without the added perils of using the US Highway system.