AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Isle Of Wight Festival 2013 Line Up Expands (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2970712)

Kyle Huntington 12/03/12 06:17 AM

Isle Of Wight Festival 2013 Line Up Expands
 
Joining The Stone Roses at this year's Isle Of Wight Festival will be the likes of Blondie, The Maccabees, Bloc Party, Jake Bugg and more.

Twikki 12/03/12 06:26 AM

i shake my fist to you jake bugg

Kyle Huntington 12/03/12 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twikki (Post 116035542)
i shake my fist to you jake bugg

Yeah not sure I get it either. Already a better line up than last year though, tempted to go again for first time in a few years.

Twikki 12/03/12 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Huntington (Post 116035552)
Yeah not sure I get it either. Already a better line up than last year though, tempted to go again for first time in a few years.


i get it and think his album is great, i'm just from the same place he is and he doesn't really seem to be paying his dues as such after such an overwhelming support from the community

he is also really disinterested in interviews, at least act thankful for having a number 1 album!

georgedcc 12/03/12 06:49 AM

I'd fucking love to see Blondie. I'm tempted.

Kyle Huntington 12/03/12 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twikki (Post 116035662)
i get it and think his album is great, i'm just from the same place he is and he doesn't really seem to be paying his dues as such after such an overwhelming support from the community

he is also really disinterested in interviews, at least act thankful for having a number 1 album!

Yeah man, I haven't listened to the album to be fair just a couple of singles, catchy enough like.
Quote:

Originally Posted by georgedcc (Post 116035842)
I'd fucking love to see Blondie. I'm tempted.

Do it. I'll probably be there for first time in a few years, last time I went they played and were great. Harry's voice just gets better with age.

TheModernAge 12/03/12 09:02 AM

Jake Bugg is such a fake manufactured "star". The NME has helped build him from the ground up to bring "real" music back. Too band he's painfully mediocre and has no appeal to anyone other than the brain dead masses that he's supposed to be so much better than.

justlikehoney 12/03/12 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheModernAge (Post 116038302)
Jake Bugg is such a fake manufactured "star". The NME has helped build him from the ground up to bring "real" music back. Too band he's painfully mediocre and has no appeal to anyone other than the brain dead masses that he's supposed to be so much better than.


Having seen him play tiny shows supporting other local bands 2, 3 years ago, I can completely refute your whole thing about him being "manufactured" and the NME building him from the ground up.

Twikki 12/03/12 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheModernAge (Post 116038302)
Jake Bugg is such a fake manufactured "star". The NME has helped build him from the ground up to bring "real" music back. Too band he's painfully mediocre and has no appeal to anyone other than the brain dead masses that he's supposed to be so much better than.


Completely wrong, he just has a major label backing him and that's it.

TheModernAge 12/03/12 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justlikehoney (Post 116039522)
Having seen him play tiny shows supporting other local bands 2, 3 years ago, I can completely refute your whole thing about him being "manufactured" and the NME building him from the ground up.

Well he sounds manufactured in the same way that Mumford and Sons do, which is to say that he is fucking awful.

Twikki 12/03/12 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justlikehoney (Post 116039522)
Having seen him play tiny shows supporting other local bands 2, 3 years ago, I can completely refute your whole thing about him being "manufactured" and the NME building him from the ground up.


I have the utmost respect for your avatar

justlikehoney 12/03/12 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twikki (Post 116058212)
I have the utmost respect for your avatar

Thanks, haha yeah, totally forgot about that! Used to love that place, going there after school and spending hours looking through the shop and all. The Music Exchange is pretty good but it's just not tthe same, and it's so bloody small!

Kyle Huntington 12/03/12 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheModernAge (Post 116055992)
Well he sounds manufactured in the same way that Mumford and Sons do, which is to say that he is fucking awful.

So not manufactured at all then, just something you really dislike?

adamhstn 01/09/13 11:42 PM

This is a sick festival! Would love to check it but can't :( gonna see Bloc party at winter x games though! 1.23 at the belly up in Aspen! Gonna bring some punk to that Foofy town!