AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  The Wonder Years Announce Spring Headliner with Fireworks, Hostage Calm, Misser (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2973002)

yayitsjoe 12/04/12 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by movingxpictures (Post 116109192)
It's going to be a great show. I didn't realize that Fake Problems was opening on that date, otherwise I would've tried to grab another ticket. I heard TSL puts on a fantastic show.

The Grange is going to be packed. I'm gonna try and pick up my tickets on Saturday. I'm sure there'll be tons of AP kids there.

I'm really excited. and I'm buying my ticket at three o'clock on Friday, I'm scared of this selling out right away. hahaha. also, do you know if I can buy multiple tickets from this venue?

circletheworld 12/04/12 06:33 PM

what a weird venue for the IL date...

Siuta45 12/04/12 06:42 PM

No Texas date, therefore I am sad.

movingxpictures 12/04/12 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yayitsjoe (Post 116115672)
I'm really excited. and I'm buying my ticket at three o'clock on Friday, I'm scared of this selling out right away. hahaha. also, do you know if I can buy multiple tickets from this venue?

I've checked the venue website, and so far, it looks like it. I've never had to buy tickets in advance for the Grange. It's like the shitty venue that plays a bunch of metal/hardcore bands that kids go to in high school because they're trying hard to be scene. Girls hang around the place, no matter the band, trying to sleep with band dudes, so it's a little sketch, too.

I'm hoping tickets hold out for a couple weeks, just so I have breathing room as far as ordering them. Ordering them straight from the venue doesn't had a padlock icon on the transaction, and that makes me nervous. Then again, the tickets have gone up yet, and I'm just judging based on the hypothetical cart page for other shows at the place.

henrique182 12/04/12 06:53 PM

Any chance of you guys touring South America next year?

WhatJulianSaid 12/04/12 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 116104242)
Trying to figure out an exact pointlessness rating for this comment. I'd give it an 8.5 on the pointlessness scale.

Thanks, maybe someday I'll reach a 10 lol

Soupy 12/04/12 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henrique182 (Post 116116532)
Any chance of you guys touring South America next year?

I hope so. I know Costa Rica is central America but we do that in February.

MXP 12/04/12 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soupy (Post 116097452)
In before "you aren't coming to our city." These are the date that were physically possible for us to do. We'll be touring 9-10 months next year. We'll get you!

Thanks!!! Can't wait till y'all come back to Texas.

mar_ 12/04/12 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourchordwonder (Post 116114752)
I'm used to Ticketfly since it's what the Castle in Bloomington uses. I'm not complaining though - almost anything is better than Ticketmaster (except maybe The Ticket Rumba).

Edit because I remember this: Back when I was in early high school, one of the promotors around here used to use Ticket Rumba because the bands wanted to do presales, but then she would tell people to never ever buy their tickets in advance on there because it was such a pain to deal with. As a customer, I could definitely see why.

Yeah, definitely used ticket rumba before, but it's got a sketchy feel to it and I'm not a big fan. I think they were for shows at Fiesta and Mojoe's and places like that.

PengusNiugnep 12/04/12 07:46 PM

Yeah, Kingdom!

UnderMyDreams 12/04/12 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soupy (Post 116097452)
In before "you aren't coming to our city." These are the date that were physically possible for us to do. We'll be touring 9-10 months next year. We'll get you!

Lol warped

emmx8D 12/04/12 08:01 PM

Man, wish there was a Pittsburgh date or somewhere real close. Hell of a tour

Fourchordwonder 12/04/12 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mar_ (Post 116119192)
Yeah, definitely used ticket rumba before, but it's got a sketchy feel to it and I'm not a big fan. I think they were for shows at Fiesta and Mojoe's and places like that.

Yep, definitely for Mojoe's. Now there's a sketchy place. I don't understand the appeal of that venue as a fan or a musician.

mar_ 12/04/12 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourchordwonder (Post 116120682)
Yep, definitely for Mojoe's. Now there's a sketchy place. I don't understand the appeal of that venue as a fan or a musician.

I haven't been to its current iteration in Joliet. Shows that looked appealing have been there, but it's far from me and the stories around it with its occasional closures and parking lot fights and whatnot have me not really wanting to head down there.

yayitsjoe 12/04/12 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by movingxpictures (Post 116116092)
I've checked the venue website, and so far, it looks like it. I've never had to buy tickets in advance for the Grange. It's like the shitty venue that plays a bunch of metal/hardcore bands that kids go to in high school because they're trying hard to be scene. Girls hang around the place, no matter the band, trying to sleep with band dudes, so it's a little sketch, too.

I'm hoping tickets hold out for a couple weeks, just so I have breathing room as far as ordering them. Ordering them straight from the venue doesn't had a padlock icon on the transaction, and that makes me nervous. Then again, the tickets have gone up yet, and I'm just judging based on the hypothetical cart page for other shows at the place.

thanks for all your help!