Fuckshovel - 12.18.12
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:
1. How did you get your band name?
It’s the result of too much Bulleit & Coke in the Crobar. Once spoken it could not be changed!
2. How did this band get started?
The result of too much Bulleit & coke in the Crobar.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Johnboy - bass – Rage Against The Machine, Deftones.
Ian – guitar - Sex Pistols, Slayer.
Dave – drums - Pantera, Alice In Chains.
Jon – vocals - Thin Lizzy, Killing Joke.
Collectively – a venn diagram of the above. And Peter & The Test Tube Babies
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
All or any of the above. They have such hardcore fans it would be a challenge to get a good reaction!
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Guinness and crème eggs.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Apart from the fact we’re called Fuckshovel? We make a good noise.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Ben Johnson. If only to see the look on Carl Lewis’s face when he beat him in that 100m final.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Kermit, Hairy Paul and the Reverend
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The over hyping of bands before they get the chance to develop.
10. Memorable tour experience?
That would be SXSW in Austin and feature Johnboy with his pink gaffer tape. He squealed like a pig when he took it off!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I will fight!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Any place hot where they sell beer.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Resurrection Shuffle by Tom Jones.
15. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Dave always gets out his wrist exerciser but we’re not convinced that’s anything to do with playing the gig.
16. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
We’ve had songs on BBC6 and XFM but we’re not holding our breath for any mainstream airplay! Internet radio looks to be the way to go these days.
17. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Rowing Viking boats down the river Thames.
18. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Johnboy can stop ceiling fans with his head – does that count?
noise huh? could be interesting.