AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Reviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
  -  Fray, The - The Fray (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=889052)

MusicTalks 03/03/09 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Heartcore (Post 37606932)
You're comparing them to a band that's a Secondhand Dashboard Confessional :eyebrow:


Oh, that's witty ;-)

Miss Heartcore 03/03/09 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicTalks (Post 37607542)
Oh, that's witty ;-)

I was going to say SecondRATE Dashboard but I was trying o be nice.

On another note, I love this single on this album, but I'm not sure if it's enough to get the entire thing.

MusicTalks 03/03/09 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Heartcore (Post 37608552)
I was going to say SecondRATE Dashboard but I was trying o be nice.

On another note, I love this single on this album, but I'm not sure if it's enough to get the entire thing.

I don't think that you'd be far off with that assessment.

I can't get on board with The Fray. I don't know what it is about them that just says 'No.' I hated both hit singles from their last record and each time I hear this one, I'm just indifferent. Although, I would have to say that the new single is better than their first album's singles.

Miss Heartcore 03/03/09 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicTalks (Post 37609352)
I don't think that you'd be far off with that assessment.

I can't get on board with The Fray. I don't know what it is about them that just says 'No.' I hated both hit singles from their last record and each time I hear this one, I'm just indifferent. Although, I would have to say that the new single is better than their first album's singles.

It was love at first single for me but once the radio raped their singles, I stayed away. I can't deny it though, I'm definitely a fan of their music.

MusicTalks 03/03/09 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Heartcore (Post 37609682)
It was love at first single for me but once the radio raped their singles, I stayed away. I can't deny it though, I'm definitely a fan of their music.

What's funny is that my brother loves this new album and he's about as indie/emo as they get. I mean, Cartel is a big name in this genre, but not so much outside of it, and my brother stopped listening to them as soon as they became more of a household name. So, to me, it's surprising to hear him love on this record when I would have guessed he's rather drop a bowling ball on his nuts than listen to it. Anyhow, cheers to you both for liking them. I have nothing against them, just isn't my cup o' tea, really.

Brett3 03/05/09 03:35 PM

Great review.

Ryzenfall 03/05/09 04:59 PM

I enjoy this band thoroughly. The hate is baffling.

HometownHero 03/06/09 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piss (Post 37243752)
they remind me of a crappier version of secondhand serenade

Haha you are awful

Tyler Vagyler 03/08/09 07:44 PM

This band is good and so is this album

on a frequency 03/30/09 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piss (Post 37243752)
they remind me of a crappier version of secondhand serenade

ahahahahaha i cannot believe that

i don't think a crappier version of secondhand serenade could possibly ever exist

fedddiee 05/08/09 06:08 PM

mehhhh
for what its worth;
According to this review, songs like "We Build then We Break" and "Ungodly Hour" might be so innovative and cuting-edge for The Fray. However when I listen to this album, I'm still really affectionate to their more tradiitonal songs. You may think "We Buld then We Break" is so new and amazing but i enjoy their more traditional material. There's a difference between a new style of a song and the quality of it. The Fray is good at what it traditionally does and like the review said, its underappreciated.

memebn 09/23/09 07:56 PM

Helloooo!!! It may sound stupid but they're not "a quintet", they're four!!!

Gregory Robson 09/24/09 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memebn (Post 54466292)
Helloooo!!! It may sound stupid but they're not "a quintet", they're four!!!

I am so glad you pointed this out. I was just reading this again for the first time in awhile and I totally saw that. I was like EEP! Thank you, I will fix it.

Sarcasm 05/14/10 06:02 AM

These guys get way too much hate and they don't deserve it.

Oh well, haters gonna hate.

MBIIdollaBill 08/26/11 12:50 AM

i can't the press was trying to diss this band and they turned around and gave the black eyed peas grammys in 2 categories that this band deserved to win in. seriously, fuck the industry and fuck the music press. AP and sputnikmusic are the only places that get it right nowadays. the fray is the best radio rock band out there, the script is a joke and an insult