AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Gossip News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

UnderTheGun Review Posits on Craig Return to Chiodos

Posted by - 05:06 PM on 03/26/12
Our friends at UndertheGunReview.net have begun pondering the idea of Craig Owens going back to Chiodos. From what I've heard over the past few months, it's just not going to happen -- but the speculation is always interesting.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 92
05:08 PM on 03/26/12
about3fitty
Registered Member
User Info.
oh god. this should be entertaining.
05:12 PM on 03/26/12
Jake Denning
User Info.
Nope, not going to happen. I was VERY careful not to ask him questions pertaining to Chiodos, because he doesn't enjoy them.
05:14 PM on 03/26/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
probably won't happen but that's easily where he's been the best and i definitely wouldn't mind another chiodos album with him fronting the band again. Illuminaudio just didn't do it for me
05:14 PM on 03/26/12
MXP
aka Max Phillips
User Info.
I agree with the idea of the buzz a new I&G record would bring, but I actually prefer Brandon to Craig when it comes to Chiodos, Illuninaudio was pretty badass compared to the rest of the Chiodos catalog.
05:17 PM on 03/26/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
i really doubt this, but i will listen to whatever he puts out next regardless.
05:17 PM on 03/26/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
When neither band is relevant at all anymore, I personally think it will happen. For one, the egos in DRUGS seem to much for one band and two, although Chiodos released their best album,IMO, with Brandon, they couldnt fill any venue or sell the amount of records they could with Craig.
05:19 PM on 03/26/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Chiodos sucks without Craig, and Craig doesn't need Chiodos to be successful and to create the music he wants to create. Chiodos is nothing.
05:20 PM on 03/26/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Illuminaudio is my favorite release by them, has something happened to Brandon?
05:21 PM on 03/26/12
Hiroblack
Earthbender
User Info.
I would love to hear a new I&G album with Tyler taking over for Jonny Craig, I always liked his voice a little more than Jonny's. Chiodos, being one of my favorite bands from middle school/high school, I would LOVE to have Craig back and be able to see them. But it seems like a longshot for any of that to happen.
05:21 PM on 03/26/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Chiodos sucks without Craig, and Craig doesn't need Chiodos to be successful and to create the music he wants to create. Chiodos is nothing.

Being a music critic I don't see how that's possible for you to say. I could see preferring Craig but saying Illuminaudio sucked?! Have you given it a fair listen?
05:22 PM on 03/26/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
I agree with this because Craig has the 'rockstar' persona to him in a sense and doesnt need any band to be successful. But when comparing the DRUGS album to any Chiodos album, it just seems lackluster. The talent in that band couldve created a masterpiece.
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
In that article, they mention Tyler Carter filling in for Jonny Craig on I&G... Honestly, I'm just waiting for the rest of the world to realize that Tyler Carter, while talented as a singer, doesn't really know how to use his voice and comes off sounding pretty fucking shitty... The Hands Like Houses singer on the other hand, sounds way more like Jonny Craig to me, and seems like he would be a better fit. However with Craig Owens, it's all about publicity and big name shit, so I can see how someone like Tyler Carter would be a, 'better fit'.
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
Here we go.
05:23 PM on 03/26/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Didn't enjoy Illuminaudio at all? Personally, I think it's their best.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos