10:49 PM on 01/12/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/13/op...with-iran.html

simple question.

before anything happens and we all become little "captain hindsights"....any suggestions of how to go about this problematic issue.
08:58 AM on 01/13/12 
User Info.
COREhorizon
Get Free
Bethlehem, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
So it's ok for the U.S. and Russia to have nuclear programs but not Iran?

Honestly I wouldn't do anything unless it threatened our country.
09:04 AM on 01/13/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
Fear-mongering about Iran is really annoying.
09:07 AM on 01/13/12 
User Info.
crackedthesky
cause when I fly solo I fly so high
Gladstone, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
America should spend less time correcting other people's atrocities (or in this case, potential atrocities) and more time correcting her own. We should lead by example, not by hypocrisy.
10:17 AM on 01/13/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
10:17 AM on 01/13/12 
User Info.
FuckT41182
Slovakia
Male - 21 Years Old
America is a wonderful country, it is too much of a pity that their government is a bunch of fucking hypocrites and liars ... The rulers of America has never deserved such great men as the ones who fought in the WW II or I ...

and my opinion on this matter ? Why the fuck does America feel threatened by every fucking country of this planet? Russians and China, that's the only real threat for America ... Iran hasn't been in a war for over 300 years, look at what you have been doing during those 300 years ...

and the other thing, Russians and China have both declared that they will not tolerate another useless bloodshed and they will attack the US if they attack Iran, of course these are the politically said reasons, the real reason is probably the fact that Iran has been the second largest supplier of oil to China for some time ... I think that Chinese believe that Americans want to establish a pro-American government in Iran
10:18 AM on 01/13/12 
User Info.
Simulcast
You make that dance look so new
Male - 28 Years Old
I would do absolutely nothing until they actually became a viable threat to us or Europe. At that point I would notify the citizens of Iran to either depose their leaders or get out of the country. If the latter occurred I would commence bombing Iran back to the stone-age. No troops on the ground, just a massive bombardment of all military and government targets. Why spend billions on fighters and bombers if we're just going to fly them in airshows?
10:19 AM on 01/13/12 
User Info.
Simulcast
You make that dance look so new
Male - 28 Years Old

I feel like 40% of your posts contain this little guy.
10:26 AM on 01/13/12 
User Info.
FuckT41182
Slovakia
Male - 21 Years Old
I would do absolutely nothing until they actually became a viable threat to us or Europe. At that point I would notify the citizens of Iran to either depose their leaders or get out of the country. If the latter occurred I would commence bombing Iran back to the stone-age. No troops on the ground, just a massive bombardment of all military and government targets. Why spend billions on fighters and bombers if we're just going to fly them in airshows?
what a wonderful solution, only one problem, without any infantry there will be like millions of jobs lost, I thought people need jobs ... But if you meant that you would still keep the soldiers for protection, than alright ..

But I think that what people like you don't really talk about is the fact that the threat, once again, comes from nowhere, and your government is probably the only one that can see it
11:58 AM on 01/13/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
I feel like 40% of your posts contain this little guy.

Nah, that's an overstatement. If you wanted to say 20% of my posts consist of a smiley, that'd be accurate - but, hey...you don't get this many posts without a little B.S.
12:09 PM on 01/13/12 
User Info.
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
Atlanta, Ga
Male
I think any country that still stones women doesn't get to have nuclear weapons. You don't get to practice the most archaic penalization rituals while you possess the most advanced destructive technology available. Just can't let it happen.
12:19 PM on 01/13/12 
User Info.
crackedthesky
Gladstone, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
But we can because we use poison instead of rocks.
12:43 PM on 01/13/12 
User Info.
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
Atlanta, Ga
Male
But we can because we use poison instead of rocks.

We don't kill women for cheating on their husbands, or for not covering their faces.
12:44 PM on 01/13/12 
User Info.
paper halo
we're just a million little gods
Lincoln, UK
Male
America is a wonderful country, it is too much of a pity that their government is a bunch of fucking hypocrites and liars ... The rulers of America has never deserved such great men as the ones who fought in the WW II or I ...

and my opinion on this matter ? Why the fuck does America feel threatened by every fucking country of this planet? Russians and China, that's the only real threat for America ... Iran hasn't been in a war for over 300 years, look at what you have been doing during those 300 years ...

and the other thing, Russians and China have both declared that they will not tolerate another useless bloodshed and they will attack the US if they attack Iran, of course these are the politically said reasons, the real reason is probably the fact that Iran has been the second largest supplier of oil to China for some time ... I think that Chinese believe that Americans want to establish a pro-American government in Iran

Wut?
12:54 PM on 01/13/12 
User Info.
crackedthesky
Gladstone, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
We don't kill women for cheating on their husbands, or for not covering their faces.

True enough, though once we start talking about who had better reasons to kill other people we enter into a subjective argument. Personally, I feel like killing people is pretty uncivilized regardless of the reason.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos