Moves on to another team 70 62.50%
Sits in Free Agency 1 0.89%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

02:02 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
Stormsubsides
Ocean Gate, New...
Male - 22 Years Old
I kinda hope that the Colts get rid of him, I know Irsay said "A healthy Manning plays in Indy" but c'mon, I get the feeling it's all smoke and mirrors
02:04 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
Is there any place he could go (That would sign him) where he could instantly make them a superbowl contender? I keep seeing names like the Redskins floated out there and I really don't see why he would ever decide to go there, for any amount of money.

I mean obviously teams like the Eagles would be better with healthy Peyton Manning, but they're also obviously not going to sign him after inking Vick long term.
02:13 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
Stormsubsides
Ocean Gate, New...
Male - 22 Years Old
Is there any place he could go (That would sign him) where he could instantly make them a superbowl contender? I keep seeing names like the Redskins floated out there and I really don't see why he would ever decide to go there, for any amount of money.

I mean obviously teams like the Eagles would be better with healthy Peyton Manning, but they're also obviously not going to sign him after inking Vick long term.

2 teams I'd watch out for. Miami, they have a good offense with Brandon Marshall to throw to, and a solid run game with Reggie Bush coming into his own not to mention an okay defense that they could build this upcoming draft/FA. And San Fransisco, I like this one a lot top defense, run game and some weapons on offense they really only need another wideout (Teddy Gin isn't the answer) I know they have Alex but he was only signed to a one year deal and yes they'll probably bring him back but there isn't really much competition in that depth chart other than my boy Kapernick but he still has a LONG way to go to develop into a pro-style QB--Manning could be the guy to mentor him.

As for the Washington rumors...I don't see that happening I see them making the move to get RGIII in the draft this year.
02:25 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
I really think Harbaugh likes Alex Smith so I don't know if they'll go that direction....but also wouldn't be totally shocked if they did.

For some reason I'm just not that high on Miami. I guess it would depend on the moves they make this offseason as you pointed out.
02:38 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
Stormsubsides
Ocean Gate, New...
Male - 22 Years Old
I really think Harbaugh likes Alex Smith so I don't know if they'll go that direction....but also wouldn't be totally shocked if they did.

For some reason I'm just not that high on Miami. I guess it would depend on the moves they make this offseason as you pointed out.

Yeah, the only reason I say Miami is because we both know Peyton is in his late 30's IF he comes back at all he's going to want to go to a dome team or go to a place with warm weather, he's played in a dome his entire career. As for San Fran if they decide to keep the Smith train rolling--they're going to need a back-up plan should the aforementioned train derail, ya know?
02:53 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
Stormsubsides
Ocean Gate, New...
Male - 22 Years Old
For those of us who select "moves to another team" where do you have him going and why?
03:03 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
brook183
@brooks_an
Southgate, MI
Male - 23 Years Old
I have him staying in Indy
03:04 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
Stormsubsides
Ocean Gate, New...
Male - 22 Years Old
I have him staying in Indy

I feel like if he stays though, he's going to be taking the back-up route. New GM, coach, system and a new QB (let's be honest Luck is going #1) I don't know if he's going to be okay with all this.
03:26 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
Louisville
Male
As an Indiana native, I'll be sad to see him go because he's done a lot for bringing football into our state. I don't really like the way the owner is handling the situation. Manning deserves a lot more respect than what he seems to be getting. With that being said, I believe he still has a few very good years left in him as long as he's fully healed. If the Colts cut him, which is what I feel they're going to do though I'd like to just see them restructure his contract then I feel the best fits for him are Miami or Seattle
03:27 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
DooDooBird
Yeah, the only reason I say Miami is because we both know Peyton is in his late 30's IF he comes back at all he's going to want to go to a dome team or go to a place with warm weather, he's played in a dome his entire career. As for San Fran if they decide to keep the Smith train rolling--they're going to need a back-up plan should the aforementioned train derail, ya know?

Peyton as a backup to Alex Smith. hahahah!
03:30 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
Stormsubsides
Ocean Gate, New...
Male - 22 Years Old
Peyton as a backup to Alex Smith. hahahah!

I didn't necessarily mean him backing up Smith, I was kind of eluding to maybe Peyton sits out doesn't get signed and San Fran takes a chance on him. But I also wouldn't count out that possibility either, we've seen stranger in the NFL.
03:32 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
Stormsubsides
Ocean Gate, New...
Male - 22 Years Old
As an Indiana native, I'll be sad to see him go because he's done a lot for bringing football into our state. I don't really like the way the owner is handling the situation. Manning deserves a lot more respect than what he seems to be getting. With that being said, I believe he still has a few very good years left in him as long as he's fully healed. If the Colts cut him, which is what I feel they're going to do though I'd like to just see them restructure his contract then I feel the best fits for him are Miami or Seattle

I don't see him going to Seattle, I dunno Pete Carrol seems to be committed to Charlie Whitehurst and Tarvaris Jackson. I mean he really stuck it out all season with those 2 so I dunno. Doesn't seem like it's in the realm of possibility.
03:37 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Platinum Member
I don't see any way he is back in Indy

I think its between Miami and the Jets, personally
03:41 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
Stormsubsides
Ocean Gate, New...
Male - 22 Years Old
I don't think the Jets will be a good fit dude, I mean really dealing with the hype every day of both Mannings in NY, the crappy atmosphere in the locker room and Rex Ryan being--well, Rex Ryan...none of that is the Peyton Manning style, I think they're going to try to make a run for him but he's not going to get himself involved in that mess.
03:42 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
Louisville
Male
I don't see him going to Seattle, I dunno Pete Carrol seems to be committed to Charlie Whitehurst and Tarvaris Jackson. I mean he really stuck it out all season with those 2 so I dunno. Doesn't seem like it's in the realm of possibility.

I don't think Pete would pass up a chance to have a sure fire hall of famer under center though, unless he's just that stubborn with average play. They have a young d, a great running game, and some good weapons on offense.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos