TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
you cant do those sweet movies if you don't feel the music
10:01 AM on 02/08/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
The drama surrounding this band has long overshadowed its music, but that cool Kurt even considered doing this. Stand up guy.
10:03 AM on 02/08/12
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
...that gif

10:04 AM on 02/08/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
it might be some of his best work. but his first album with DGD is his best work.

Personally, I really enjoy everything Kurt has done, but I think his performance on the ALLB record is his best. It also has a hard learning curve for fans though, where DGD's self-titled (aka Deathstar) is a very accessible. Both are solid releases.
10:08 AM on 02/08/12
Daniel Thompson
Act 1, Scene 3
User Info.
i must attend this.
10:09 AM on 02/08/12
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
Personally, I really enjoy everything Kurt has done, but I think his performance on the ALLB record is his best. It also has a hard learning curve for fans though, where DGD's self-titled (aka Deathstar) is a very accessible. Both are solid releases.
I love Happiness tbh, no shame.
10:09 AM on 02/08/12
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't like music with a "learning curve." Years ago when Matchbook Romance released Voices, I was irate and verbally assaulted their guitarist with a piece of my mind. Two years later it was my favorite album and I had to stalk him and apologize. not my proudest moment in music history. I haven't given ALLB a good chance. Properties of Friction stood out instantly and thus it's the only one I listen to but I won't say they are garbage until I spend the time. I learned my lesson
10:10 AM on 02/08/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Ayyoooo
10:14 AM on 02/08/12
JstnBsn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
stoked to see matt geise working on something again
10:15 AM on 02/08/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
ALLB is so much better than DGD. Their album is the tits.
10:17 AM on 02/08/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't like music with a "learning curve." Years ago when Matchbook Romance released Voices, I was irate and verbally assaulted their guitarist with a piece of my mind. Two years later it was my favorite album and I had to stalk him and apologize. not my proudest moment in music history. I haven't given ALLB a good chance. Properties of Friction stood out instantly and thus it's the only one I listen to but I won't say they are garbage until I spend the time. I learned my lesson
Haha, yeah. It's not intentionally difficult to understand - there's just a hell of a lot going on in ALLB tracks, w/ multiple vocalists, complex musicianship, fantastic drumming, and to top it off, nutty time patterns and approaches.

For ALLB, I always suggest going for "Vanity's Fair" and "Sesame Street" first, then listening through the whole record. It's a rewarding listen.
10:19 AM on 02/08/12
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
So, Jon Mess isn't doing this tour?
10:20 AM on 02/08/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love Happiness tbh, no shame.
I enjoy Happiness for its progression, but it doesn't stay with me for some reason, with the exception of the title track. It's definitely a good record though.
10:24 AM on 02/08/12
CPF--FBR
http://connorfeimsterphoto.com
User Info.
Now just add a Philly date to this tour and everything will be right with the world.
10:24 AM on 02/08/12
yeyoistheman
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So, Jon Mess isn't doing this tour?
I think he is I think Matt and Kurt will be taking turns doing clean vocals

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles