AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Canada News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Canadian Music Round-Up (02/19/12)

Posted by - 08:21 AM on 02/19/12
Head to the replies to read this week's Canadian Music Round-Up.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
08:21 AM on 02/19/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Canadian Music Round-UpIn case you missed them during the week, here are the posts made about Canadian content:

Billy Talent Update

Carly Rae Jepsen Goes Double Platinum in Canada

Cold Specks Tour Dates and Music Video

Counterparts Announces a Canadian Tour With Your Demise

Crystalyne's Music Video For "Wolves"

Farewell to Freeway
's Music Video For "Inside Influence"

Greater Than Giants Post a New Track

Lakeforest
Acoustic Video Premiere

Marianas Trench
Do an AP.net Chat

Propagandhi
Update Us On Their New Record

Sights & Sounds and Lifestory: Monologue Announce a Short Ontario Tour

Simple Plan Release a New Version of "Summer Paradise" Featuring Sean Paul

Yukon Blonde
's Music Video For "Stairway"

------------------------------------------------------------
Additional News:

Tribune
will release Elder Lore/ The Dark Arts on March 20.

------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Music and Videos:

Dead and Divine's cover of "Lotion" by the Deftones can be heard here.

Everlea
's Justin Dubé and Crystalyne recently performed a cover of Drake's "Take Care."

Topanga
's Oceans 7" is available for free digitally.

Said The Whale's music video for "Big Sky, MT" can be seen here.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Tour Dates:

Dancing With Paris
announced an upcoming Eastern Canada tour with Beheading of a King and End of Crisis:

April 5 - Ottawa, ON - Cafe Dekuf
April 6 - Fredricton, NB - Gallery Connexion
April 7 - Halifax, NS - The Pavillion
April 8 - Trenton, NS - Trenton Youth Center
April 9 - Charlottetown, PEI - TBA
April 10 - Amherst, NS - Knights of Pythias Hall
April 11 - Moncton, NB - TBA
April 12 - Sherbooke, QB - La Bar Le Magog
April 14 - Kingston, ON - Revolutions
April 15 - Belleville, ON - Parkdale Community Center
April 16 - Toronto, ON - The Hardluck Bar
April 17 - Hamilton, ON - TBA
April 18 - St Catherines, ON - City Lights

Teenage Kicks announced a bunch of new tour dates and launched a singles club:

2/19 Cambridge, ON - 515 Club
3/1 Hamilton - Absinthe
3/2 Toronto, ON - The Horseshoe (Be On My Side EP Release Show)
3/8 London, ON - Call the Office
3/9 Peterborough, ON - The Red Dog
3/14 Montreal, QC - Underworld
3/15 Terrebonne, QC - Biere et compagnie
3/16 Sherbrooke, QC - Woodstock Bar
3/17 Quebec City, QC - Scanners
3/21 Toronto, ON The Phoenix
3/22 Toronto, ON - The Hideout
3/28 Montreal, QC - L'Divan Orange
3/29 Fredericton, NB - The Capital
3/30 Halifax, NS - Michael's
3/31 Saint John, NB - Pepper's Pub

Maker, State Champs and Undesirable People are playing a few Canadian shows in April:

4/10 Montreal, QC Underworld
4/11 Ottawa, ON Club Saw
4/12 Toronto, ON Sneaky Dee's
4/13 Kitchener, ON The Hive

----------------------------------------------------------------
If you’d like to submit Canadian news to AbsolutePunk.net, email me at deborah.remus@absolutepunk.net or send me a PM with “Canadian Round-Up” in the subject line. I don't check the news queue often so that's probably the best way if you want to guarantee I'll see it.
08:22 AM on 02/19/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Cool to hear that the Propagandhi record should be out this summer. Also glad that Marianas Trench will be doing Canadian headlining dates.
10:11 AM on 02/19/12
StartAngry&Mad
Lets get these people moving faster
User Info.
Huh, pretty surprised Farewell to Freeway are still releasing new music; I'd completely forgotten about them. Makes me a little bitter that other (better) Canadian bands of their generation aren't still making music (e.g. Alexisonfire, Moneen, Boys Night Out, Shotgun Rules, Means, The Fullblast, The Fully Down, etc.)
11:15 AM on 02/19/12
The.Grim
User Info.
Huh, pretty surprised Farewell to Freeway are still releasing new music; I'd completely forgotten about them. Makes me a little bitter that other (better) Canadian bands of their generation aren't still making music (e.g. Alexisonfire, Moneen, Boys Night Out, Shotgun Rules, Means, The Fullblast, The Fully Down, etc.)
This.
11:32 AM on 02/19/12
AbandonMachines
User Info.
Those Canadian bands could do leaps and bounds over the music that is being released today.
If you guys haven't heard 'Over The Top', I'd advise checking them out.
They're from Eastern Canada, check the new EP 'Community" -- www.overthetop.bandcamp.com
Majorly influenced by bands like The Fullblast, The Fully Down and others.
Poppy, fast, technical. Alot of fun
11:52 AM on 02/19/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Yeah, I wonder what's up with Moneen. It's been 10 months since they updated their Facebook page.
12:41 PM on 02/19/12
StartAngry&Mad
User Info.
Yeah, I wonder what's up with Moneen. It's been 10 months since they updated their Facebook page.
They were always amazing with their fans, then totally disappeared without any communication - it's surprised me.

Twice I saw Kenny roadying for Dallas since, once at his gig with Tegan & Sara a couple summers ago, then again on Alexisonfire's last UK tour - such a tease to see him on stage and not performing. I guess they've done one-off shows in that time, but it's bizarre how they just fell off the grid.
12:56 PM on 02/19/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
They were always amazing with their fans, then totally disappeared without any communication - it's surprised me.

Twice I saw Kenny roadying for Dallas since, once at his gig with Tegan & Sara a couple summers ago, then again on Alexisonfire's last UK tour - such a tease to see him on stage and not performing. I guess they've done one-off shows in that time, but it's bizarre how they just fell off the grid.

Yeah, I think Kenny is on the road with The Sheepdogs nowadays, but I'm not totally sure. I remember he came out to help sing "Accidents" on AOF's last Canadian tour. He also produces some bands from Ontario, Sparrows and Lifestory: Monologue are the two that come to mind right away. I think they haven't announced a break up because they see themselves doing something in the future, which I think is fair. I think it's a little unnecessary when bands break up and then regroup in 5 years or less.
01:02 PM on 02/19/12
StartAngry&Mad
User Info.
Yeah, I think Kenny is on the road with The Sheepdogs nowadays, but I'm not totally sure. I remember he came out to help sing "Accidents" on AOF's last Canadian tour. He also produces some bands from Ontario, Sparrows and Lifestory: Monologue are the two that come to mind right away. I think they haven't announced a break up because they see themselves doing something in the future, which I think is fair. I think it's a little unnecessary when bands break up and then regroup in 5 years or less.
Oh right, I did know that about LS:M - is that out yet? Been anxiously awaiting new material from them ever since seeing them with Farewell to Freeway and Shotgun Rules years back (see what I did there? Full-circle to the original post), but it's been so long I often forget they're still going too.

Yeah, I agree, would rather no break-up announcement unless it's going to be permanent, but I do kinda wish they'd announced their shorter term plans (or lack thereof) at least.
01:08 PM on 02/19/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Oh right, I did know that about LS:M - is that out yet? Been anxiously awaiting new material from them ever since seeing them with Farewell to Freeway and Shotgun Rules years back (see what I did there? Full-circle to the original post), but it's been so long I often forget they're still going too.

Yeah, I agree, would rather no break-up announcement unless it's going to be permanent, but I do kinda wish they'd announced their shorter term plans (or lack thereof) at least.

Yeah, Lifestory: Monologue released their full length, Drag Your White Fur - Make It Grey, in November. I believe Exclaim! is still streaming it here if you'd like to check it out. They've played shows in Quebec, southern Ontario and the Maritimes since then.

And yeah, I understand. It would be nice if they'd check in with us sometime.
01:10 PM on 02/19/12
StartAngry&Mad
User Info.
Yeah, Lifestory: Monologue released their full length, Drag Your White Fur - Make It Grey, in November. I believe Exclaim! is still streaming it here if you'd like to check it out. They've played shows in Quebec, southern Ontario and the Maritimes since then.

And yeah, I understand. It would be nice if they'd check in with us sometime.

Jeez! I guess I haven't checked in on them since moving back from the UK - I'll have to get caught up!
02:33 PM on 02/19/12
brandon_260
User Info.
Still love that Lifestory album. I need to get out to a show soon.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos