Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 110.
03:35 PM on 02/22/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
I guess funding for AA!'s promotion went towards DGD?
03:37 PM on 02/22/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I guess funding for AA!'s promotion went towards DGD?
How do you mean? AA! landed at number 11 on the Billboard charts. That's pretty nuts
03:38 PM on 02/22/12
Wings That Work
What A Bunch of Fools We Lovers Are
User Info.
Could they manage a jump to a major label?
03:39 PM on 02/22/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Can you compare the two? AA!, whether you like the music or not, is the biggest band in that side of the scene. Much bigger than FTSK were at any point I would argue, and especially much bigger than FTSK six months ago when they opted to go that way.

If they grow their fan base with this record (which seems to be working) and play the, "support us! we're on our own now!" card, I think they'll be probably alright.

If they sold 19K copies again and did it completely on their own, that's a nice amount of money on top of all merch income, tour income, etc
There was a time when FTSK were as big, relatively, as AA. It's all a cycle of what's trendy - and there was a moment where FTSK were at the top of that cycle. But trends change.

If they do it - it certainly is.
03:39 PM on 02/22/12
DylanPPPP
snooch to the nooch mother fucker
User Info.
I couldn't help but laugh when he said they are always trying to freshen their sound.
03:40 PM on 02/22/12
DylanPPPP
snooch to the nooch mother fucker
User Info.
Forever The Sickest Kids were apart of the thanksgiving halftime performance in Detroit a couple years ago. Just remember seeing that and thinking "are they really popular enough to do this?"
03:42 PM on 02/22/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I don't think it's worth it. Frankly, if they're going to sign with another label, it should be with Rise. They're Rise's number one priority (I would imagine) because of their size and financial earnings (I would also imagine). There's no way they'd make more money with a major or get more promotion with a major.

It also went pretty poorly for Escape The Fate from Epitaph. I'd look at that as an example towards why I wouldn't make that move
03:50 PM on 02/22/12
Spencer Control
Now we are all sons of bitches
User Info.
Attack Attack! remains the same, John Feldman remains the same, Rise gets better. Average change? Positive.

Then again, one could easily argue that AA! and Feldman are both constantly degenerating...
03:51 PM on 02/22/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I'd argue that's the worst move they could make career wise.
03:52 PM on 02/22/12
Viva Sonata
javadeer.tumblr.com
User Info.
Ummmm ok
03:53 PM on 02/22/12
imposs1ble
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'll bet 10-1 they'll sign to metal blade. They're big enough for that to be an investment that the company would take. Also they (kinda) fit the roster in a roundabout way.

They'll sign somewhere. I don't think they can really do it on their own and I perish the thought of them starting their own label and making decisions of signing other bands they deem as "good."
03:56 PM on 02/22/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I'm assuming songs leftover from their last record. That came out like 5 minutes ago?
04:01 PM on 02/22/12
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm assuming songs leftover from their last record. That came out like 5 minutes ago?
Nope. They wrote and recorded two records at the same time. This Means War was self-produced and was released last month, and was intended as a "heavy" record. This other one was produced by Feldman and is apparently more focused on Caleb's cleans, I'm guessing it's mostly stuff along the lines of Criminal and All Alone from the self titled's deluxe reissue.
04:01 PM on 02/22/12
johnnyferris
5 LARGE PIZZAS
User Info.
I'm definitely okay with this!
04:03 PM on 02/22/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Seeing as AA! has had two consecutive albums debut in the Top 40, and continue to sell out tours, I'd say they'd do just fine without a label. FTSK had some success with 'Woah!', followed that up with a complete pile of shit EP and lost their fanbase.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS