05:12 PM on 02/22/12
_veges_
User Info.
This is almost better for rise than them signing a good band
05:16 PM on 02/22/12
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
Sadly they'll do just fine without a label .
05:18 PM on 02/22/12
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
This other one was produced by Feldman and is apparently more focused on Caleb's cleans, I'm guessing it's mostly stuff along the lines of Criminal and All Alone from the self titled's deluxe reissue.

I wanna hear more songs like that along with Pick A Side and Last Breath
05:22 PM on 02/22/12
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Is this uk or american attack attack?
05:24 PM on 02/22/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I can see the hate for prior releases (though SCS will always be a classic to me) but I was very, very surprised by This Means War. I would even go as far to say that's excellent. Their new sound really works and I actually thought that the production was a great balance between rough and polished.
05:26 PM on 02/22/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Seeing as AA! has had two consecutive albums debut in the Top 40, and continue to sell out tours, I'd say they'd do just fine without a label. FTSK had some success with 'Woah!', followed that up with a complete pile of shit EP and lost their fanbase.
They were more popular than you're giving them credit for.

I see a similar future for a trend-infused band like this. But I'd definitely milk that shit if I was in their shoes too. Take the money you made from the last album, quickly record, release it and profit. Looks like what they're doing.
05:34 PM on 02/22/12
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
Nope. They wrote and recorded two records at the same time. This Means War was self-produced and was released last month, and was intended as a "heavy" record. This other one was produced by Feldman and is apparently more focused on Caleb's cleans, I'm guessing it's mostly stuff along the lines of Criminal and All Alone from the self titled's deluxe reissue.

So...butt rock.
05:39 PM on 02/22/12
P NESS
User Info.
Don't listen to them at all, but I always go for John Feldmann's production.
05:41 PM on 02/22/12
moneymaker.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i was hoping attack attack was breaking up... bummer.
05:42 PM on 02/22/12
narca9
killed the beast!
User Info.
I'd be pretty surprised if Rise hasn't offered these guys whatever the hell they want to stay on the label. This Means War opened at 11 and they are without a doubt the biggest band in that scene right now.
05:51 PM on 02/22/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
They were more popular than you're giving them credit for.

I see a similar future for a trend-infused band like this. But I'd definitely milk that shit if I was in their shoes too. Take the money you made from the last album, quickly record, release it and profit. Looks like what they're doing.
I'm no huge fan of AA!, but listening to the new CD, I've noticed they have abandoned the electronic aspect of their sound, somewhat, and seem to be trying to create a new image and sound for themselves(ie The Devil Wears Prada). But seeing as how ADD their general fanbase is, I'd say its a smart move to ride the success of 'This Means War' and release the Feldmann produced CD as quick as possible.

As far as FTSK, ya they were huge for 'Underdog Alma Mater' and rode that for a while. But then 'Friday' happened and have been trying to recover ever since, and releasing a sub-par album after a horrid EP didnt help.
05:56 PM on 02/22/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
I'd be pretty surprised if Rise hasn't offered these guys whatever the hell they want to stay on the label. This Means War opened at 11 and they are without a doubt the biggest band in that scene right now.
The Devil Wears Prada opened higher and sold more. AA! are HUGE, but biggest band in genre is stretching it. http://http://grafwall.indiestar.tv/...debuts-at.html
05:58 PM on 02/22/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
New album isn't horrible. Making progress towards at least being respectable.
05:59 PM on 02/22/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
The Devil Wears Prada opened higher and sold more. AA! are HUGE, but biggest band in genre is stretching it. http://http://grafwall.indiestar.tv/...debuts-at.html
I don't listen to either, but I feel like TDWP are slightly less..Risexcore-esscque don't you?
05:59 PM on 02/22/12
rocknroll365
rocknroll365
User Info.
seems strange to self produce a record and release it on rise then turn around and self release a record produced by feldman. probably pretty smart to get off the label so quickly after releasing a record tho, with all the tours they have coming up in support of it, plus merch sales at the shows. should see a lot better profit in that aspect.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos