Username
Password

07:41 AM on 02/05/12 
User Info.
cryates
Resident GA sports fan
Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Male - 27 Years Old
That's awesome man. Planning stuff out/ having a schedule is definitely the best way to go about exercising (if you want to improve, if you just want to stay the same you can do it pretty passively), best of luck with it and give us an update every few weeks or something.

Yeah I agree. The hardest part is starting and sticking with it. Starting can be very easy when you take plenty of time to map out a schedule. I plan on updating in here every month or so since it seems like this thread stays rolling along.

I did P90X about a year and a half ago and dropped 50 pounds. I haven't done anything for the past year so I have put about 20 of it back on. Time to get serious again.
12:34 PM on 02/09/12 
User Info.
jdr2187
Nashville, TN
Male - 27 Years Old
Thought this was interesting: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/m...ound/index.htm
09:01 PM on 02/20/12 
User Info.
kitson
15541 S Western...
Male - 26 Years Old
Maybe you can try swimming,that is an effective way.Most of my friends who are fat try it can be stronger and loss weight.
04:54 PM on 02/21/12 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 28 Years Old
about to start a cut cycle march 1st. not looking forward to it.
05:56 PM on 02/21/12 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 23 Years Old
Anybody have a good routine to build some muscle on my biceps?

I currently do this

About to be 2 weeks since I started, and I workout in my house BTW, too lazy to go to the gym so I had my dad a few years ago buy us some equipment.
06:19 PM on 02/21/12 
User Info.
foltzkr
No Avatar Selected
Lincoln
Male - 28 Years Old
I'm in the same boat. The hard part is really just getting started and to get into a routine. At least it is working for me. Still a long way to go.
01:46 AM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
Toronto, ON
Male - 26 Years Old
Any tips to help reduce the soreness after a workout? I seem to be in a ton of fucking pain almost every time, lasts 3-4 days usually.
09:40 AM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
FL
Male - 23 Years Old
Any tips to help reduce the soreness after a workout? I seem to be in a ton of fucking pain almost every time, lasts 3-4 days usually.
If you're in a TON of pain then you're probably using too heavy of weights. You're supposed to feel sore, but not that sore. You're muscles have to be able to rebuild, and if your working them that hard they won't have time.
10:25 AM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
Toronto, ON
Male - 26 Years Old
If you're in a TON of pain then you're probably using too heavy of weights. You're supposed to feel sore, but not that sore. You're muscles have to be able to rebuild, and if your working them that hard they won't have time.
You're probably right. My chest and arms are incredibly sore today, to the point where like minor movements make me wince.
10:28 AM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
FL
Male - 23 Years Old
You're probably right. My chest and arms are incredibly sore today, to the point where like minor movements make me wince.
Yeah man, you're just going too hard. One time at the gym, i was there for like 5 hours without a car and just worked out the whole time. By the end, i couldn't really move my arms. There's such thing as TOO much working out, haha. Plus, when you get that sore, it negativly effects what you can manage to do the next time you work out.
10:33 AM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
Toronto, ON
Male - 26 Years Old
Yeah man, you're just going too hard. One time at the gym, i was there for like 5 hours without a car and just worked out the whole time. By the end, i couldn't really move my arms. There's such thing as TOO much working out, haha. Plus, when you get that sore, it negativly effects what you can manage to do the next time you work out.
Intense, haha. So I should just drop a little bit of weight off of what I was doing, or do less reps?
11:13 AM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
FL
Male - 23 Years Old
Intense, haha. So I should just drop a little bit of weight off of what I was doing, or do less reps?
I'd drop the weight several pounds. You don't want to make it easy, but you'll be able to tell the difference from sore and overworked. You probably already have an idea of which exercises you need to drop the weight from. You won't need to drop the weight from EVERY one.
How many reps do you usually do?
11:14 AM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
JoshSalas
Ontario
Male - 22 Years Old

How often are you working out the same muscles? It could be that you're giving them too much rest, because you shouldn't be getting that sore if your muscles are used to regular exercise.
11:17 AM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
FL
Male - 23 Years Old
oh yeah and drinking tons of water helps tremendously, as well as stretching, at least for me...
11:20 AM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
Toronto, ON
Male - 26 Years Old
I'd drop the weight several pounds. You don't want to make it easy, but you'll be able to tell the difference from sore and overworked. You probably already have an idea of which exercises you need to drop the weight from. You won't need to drop the weight from EVERY one.
How many reps do you usually do?
8-12, depending on how heavy I'm lifting.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos