Password
This Thread is Closed.

10:42 PM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
JoshSalas
Waterloo, Ontario
Male - 22 Years Old
With which ethnicity do you identify?

I don't identify with one specifically, I suppose I'd lean towards Hispanic over White though.
10:52 PM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
chipdip18
I was afraid I'd eat your brains.
I don't identify with one specifically, I suppose I'd lean towards Hispanic over White though.

Alright. Do you speak Spanish by chance? I'm asking because I do.
11:53 PM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
Nuns On A Bus
Let's burn the hills of Beverly!
Chico, California
Male - 22 Years Old
you guys should read that article again, maybe slower this time.

I read it like 3 times, because I assumed I read it wrong the first time. But nope, I didn't.
05:58 AM on 02/24/12 
User Info.
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
Windsor, OH
Male
I read it like 3 times, because I assumed I read it wrong the first time. But nope, I didn't.

I think you did read it wrong
06:43 AM on 02/24/12 
User Info.
Zeran
Vampire
You forgot the most important point: dreads on a white person are a no-no!

Actually, I might agree with that haha

i definitely agree with that. lol
07:07 AM on 02/24/12 
User Info.
TK
Abstract Thinker
Oklahoma
Male - 23 Years Old
you guys should read that article again, maybe slower this time.

I think you did read it wrong

I bookmarked it and came back to read a second time when I had more time. I still find it as a disgusting, racist and hateful article.
07:36 AM on 02/24/12 
User Info.
Caleb Cabrera
gooby pls
Mustang, Oklahoma
Male
That article is pointing out racism while being absolutely racist. I'm not white, nor black, and I found that disgusting.
07:38 AM on 02/24/12 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 22 Years Old
Yeah, I wasn't fussed on that article...
07:44 AM on 02/24/12 
User Info.
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
Atlanta, Ga
Male
Things I learned from that:

1) All whites are racist, and any attempts to right wrongs caused by racism are also racist.

2) Things like the Dred Scott case and other racist events of the past prove that ~150 years later all whites still think the same way. Also, "naturalization" cases that caused widespread hate and hardship for fellow "whites" can be ignored, and ethnic violence between "white" groups that lasted for decades can be conveniently ignored because eventually, we all came to see ourselves as "white" (but don't worry, we can still point to evidence from well over 100 years ago as proof that whites are all racist to this day). Eastern Europeans simply showed up and "cast their lot with whiteness".

3) Anarchism is inherently racist, because it uses black as a symbol. Not because the color black can have any other symbolism, it is due to race. By tempting violence through having an ideology that is inherently going to clash with modern western governments, you are subconsciously being racist by "reproducing violence towards Blackness".

4) Claiming to be white means that you already support the racial devaluing of non-whites, rather than simply identifying with people who you share a similar genetic history.

5) Being against racism as a white person is impossible. He then sets up a straw man or two about how white people all think that non-whites are incapable of doing anything themselves, because of how elitist we all are. We would never be able to understand what it's like, and indeed, we have no right to even try to understand.

6) Also, if you're a white anti-racist, you expect non-whites to feel indebted to you. You can't be racist simply because you feel that racism is inherently wrong-- nope, you're doing it to "profit off of pain". Indeed, if someone does feel grateful that you are there to try to stand up for what you feel is right, you are offending non-whites.

7) Helping non-whites is simply continuing the structural disenfranchisement of non-whites, so cut that shit out. All you are is a "squatter in someone else's pproject".

8) When non-whites want help, they'll ask. In the meantime, fuck off cracker.

Well Love As Arson is a pretty huge racist so I am not surprised he agrees with that article.
07:48 AM on 02/24/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old

The article wasn't 'racist', that's pretty much the entire point she was trying to make. The 'domination' of white culture is so vast that white people can't and shouldn't try to help 'the struggle' or be 'anti-racist' because their inherent position of power by being white puts them 'on top' or 'ahead' (with the extra resources that being white delivers) of non-white people while white people never actually understand what it's like to be non-white.

Her views on the symbolism of the color black are stupid, and she seems overly angry (which is influencing her tone and making it more aggressive) but the points are pretty spot on.
07:52 AM on 02/24/12 
User Info.
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
Atlanta, Ga
Male

The article wasn't 'racist', that's pretty much the entire point she was trying to make. The 'domination' of white culture is so vast that white people can't and shouldn't try to help 'the struggle' or be 'anti-racist' because their inherent position of power by being white puts them 'on top' or 'ahead' (with the extra resources that being white delivers) of non-white people while white people never actually understand what it's like to be non-white.

Her views on the symbolism of the color black are stupid, and she seems overly angry (which is influencing her tone and making it more aggressive) but the points are pretty spot on.

Generalizing to the extent that you are attributing an mindset to an entire race isn't racist? Hmmm.
07:52 AM on 02/24/12 
User Info.
Caleb Cabrera
gooby pls
Mustang, Oklahoma
Male

Makes sense. Maybe I just needed to hear it from someone that doesn't seem like they're yelling at their computer whilst typing like the author of that article seemed.
07:55 AM on 02/24/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Generalizing to the extent that you are attributing an mindset to an entire race isn't racist? Hmmm.

07:56 AM on 02/24/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Makes sense. Maybe I just needed to hear it from someone that doesn't seem like they're yelling at their computer whilst typing like the author of that article seemed.

Yeah, I don't know if she's young or what, but the anger definitely takes away from her point, and allows people like birdman to yell 'racism' (which means they completely missed the point).
07:56 AM on 02/24/12 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 22 Years Old

I could (more or less) agree with all of that. I think what irritated me about that article was phrases like this, which were pretty common throughout;

Quote:
dreadlocked, smelly white anarchist

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS