Password
This Thread is Closed.

08:07 PM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
TK
Abstract Thinker
Oklahoma
Male - 24 Years Old
I think that article is pretty disgusting to be perfectly honest. I'm not sure how you can agree with the rhetoric and overall theme behind that.
08:22 PM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
chipdip18
I was afraid I'd eat your brains.
Also, white people should read this:

http://www.nathanielturner.com/white...openletter.htm

It's pretty harsh, but the overall theme is something I agree with.

Correct me if I am wrong, and I do agree with this, Whites are at the top of the food chain, but I feel like not every minority group is at the bottom, but there are certain rungs to the ladder at which White people are at the top. And it sort of depends on the area. I feel like Asians get harsher treatment in some circle here in the Pacific Northwest then do Latinos, but I am sure it is different in, saw, Arizona or Alabama.
08:30 PM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
a nice person
Copeland fan level: Lotus bundle
SoCal
Male - 25 Years Old
That article is funny. If I claim to being white, I'm identifying with white supremacy. Haha
08:36 PM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
a nice person
SoCal
Male - 25 Years Old
"Now I am sure that right now there are some white people saying that non-white people cannot understand what is going on, that we do not have the critical analysis to figure stuff out, or that we have fucked up ideas.* This is just white supremacist bullshit because it is rooted in the idea that non-white people have not interpreted our experiences and cannot run things ourselves."

So if I disagree with a black person about the solutions to ending racism, I am a racist myself because I am not trusting that black person about their experiences.
09:04 PM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
Nuns On A Bus
`
Chico, California
Male - 23 Years Old
Things I learned from that:

1) All whites are racist, and any attempts to right wrongs caused by racism are also racist.

2) Things like the Dred Scott case and other racist events of the past prove that ~150 years later all whites still think the same way. Also, "naturalization" cases that caused widespread hate and hardship for fellow "whites" can be ignored, and ethnic violence between "white" groups that lasted for decades can be conveniently ignored because eventually, we all came to see ourselves as "white" (but don't worry, we can still point to evidence from well over 100 years ago as proof that whites are all racist to this day). Eastern Europeans simply showed up and "cast their lot with whiteness".

3) Anarchism is inherently racist, because it uses black as a symbol. Not because the color black can have any other symbolism, it is due to race. By tempting violence through having an ideology that is inherently going to clash with modern western governments, you are subconsciously being racist by "reproducing violence towards Blackness".

4) Claiming to be white means that you already support the racial devaluing of non-whites, rather than simply identifying with people who you share a similar genetic history.

5) Being against racism as a white person is impossible. He then sets up a straw man or two about how white people all think that non-whites are incapable of doing anything themselves, because of how elitist we all are. We would never be able to understand what it's like, and indeed, we have no right to even try to understand.

6) Also, if you're a white anti-racist, you expect non-whites to feel indebted to you. You can't be racist simply because you feel that racism is inherently wrong-- nope, you're doing it to "profit off of pain". Indeed, if someone does feel grateful that you are there to try to stand up for what you feel is right, you are offending non-whites.

7) Helping non-whites is simply continuing the structural disenfranchisement of non-whites, so cut that shit out. All you are is a "squatter in someone else's pproject".

8) When non-whites want help, they'll ask. In the meantime, fuck off cracker.
09:08 PM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
a nice person
SoCal
Male - 25 Years Old
You forgot the most important point: dreads on a white person are a no-no!

Actually, I might agree with that haha
09:17 PM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
Nuns On A Bus
`
Chico, California
Male - 23 Years Old
Sorry, there was just so much that I found wrong with it that I missed that one!
10:57 PM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
chipdip18
I skimmed through the article. If I can't identify as White without being labeled as a White supremacist, then what can I identify as? It seems like there is no other option and that all White people are forced by definition into being White supremacist.
11:16 PM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
JoshSalas
Ontario
Male - 23 Years Old
I never know how to take articles like that, because I can't decide if I'm white enough to be considered white or not.
11:25 PM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
chipdip18
I never know how to take articles like that, because I can't decide if I'm white enough to be considered white or not.

With which ethnicity do you identify?
11:28 PM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
Windsor, OH
Male
you guys should read that article again, maybe slower this time.
11:42 PM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
JoshSalas
Ontario
Male - 23 Years Old
With which ethnicity do you identify?

I don't identify with one specifically, I suppose I'd lean towards Hispanic over White though.
11:52 PM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
chipdip18
I don't identify with one specifically, I suppose I'd lean towards Hispanic over White though.

Alright. Do you speak Spanish by chance? I'm asking because I do.
12:53 AM on 02/24/12 
User Info.
Nuns On A Bus
`
Chico, California
Male - 23 Years Old
you guys should read that article again, maybe slower this time.

I read it like 3 times, because I assumed I read it wrong the first time. But nope, I didn't.
06:58 AM on 02/24/12 
User Info.
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
Windsor, OH
Male
I read it like 3 times, because I assumed I read it wrong the first time. But nope, I didn't.

I think you did read it wrong

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version