JohnCarloDood
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They were better with Austin
01:47 PM on 02/23/12
YOU CANT WIN
i'm just sayin'
User Info.
Why because you know him personally, and he pissed you off, or because you are a troll talking shit on forums?
to read the truth is refreshing
06:44 PM on 02/23/12
DItaliaO
User Info.
I wanna hear more songs like that along with Pick A Side and Last Breath
that's what got me into them. i think they could write a "hit" record. wish they would have released the Feldman record first.
11:04 PM on 02/23/12
xjdizzle
User Info.
Can you compare the two? AA!, whether you like the music or not, is the biggest band in that side of the scene. Much bigger than FTSK were at any point I would argue, and especially much bigger than FTSK six months ago when they opted to go that way.

If they grow their fan base with this record (which seems to be working) and play the, "support us! we're on our own now!" card, I think they'll be probably alright.

If they sold 19K copies again and did it completely on their own, that's a nice amount of money on top of all merch income, tour income, etc
19,000 copies is nothing! Rock bands don't make shit anymore specially since the music has goten to watered down and generic because of bands like AA and Asking Alexandria. That's why pop and hip hop artists are outselling all these rock genres and Dubstep now, Without a Label all the touring expenses of and recordings come out their own Pocket. Plus Promotion and all these other things. Plus they got to split everything between 5 people and pay their merch dude and techs. They would need to push 300,00 copies or more to get up to the big leagues.
06:38 AM on 02/24/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
19,000 copies is nothing! Rock bands don't make shit anymore specially since the music has goten to watered down and generic because of bands like AA and Asking Alexandria. That's why pop and hip hop artists are outselling all these rock genres and Dubstep now, Without a Label all the touring expenses of and recordings come out their own Pocket. Plus Promotion and all these other things. Plus they got to split everything between 5 people and pay their merch dude and techs. They would need to push 300,00 copies or more to get up to the big leagues.
If they sold 19K copies on their own without a label next time, that's a LARGE amount of money, and most likely more than they've ever seen from Rise put together on album sales.

Also, no one sells 300,000 copies anymore - especially not first week. It's dumb to even mention that. Nickelback didn't even break 100K, and whether you like them or not, they are the biggest "rock band" in America
04:46 PM on 02/26/12
ThankUBasedGod
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'll bet 10-1 they'll sign to metal blade. They're big enough for that to be an investment that the company would take. Also they (kinda) fit the roster in a roundabout way.

They'll sign somewhere. I don't think they can really do it on their own and I perish the thought of them starting their own label and making decisions of signing other bands they deem as "good."
PSSSHHH!! Get out of here with that. Metal Blade would never go near Attack Attack. For as much money they might bring in Metal Blade is one of the most respected Death Metal labels (and most respected labels in general) they wouldnt go for this Rise-core garbage. But im with you in saying i think they'll sign somewhere. Maybe Ferret if they can convince the label the band is still "Christian"
10:10 PM on 02/26/12
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
PSSSHHH!! Get out of here with that. Metal Blade would never go near Attack Attack. For as much money they might bring in Metal Blade is one of the most respected Death Metal labels (and most respected labels in general) they wouldnt go for this Rise-core garbage. But im with you in saying i think they'll sign somewhere. Maybe Ferret if they can convince the label the band is still "Christian"
That seems a little overdramatic. Attack Attack!'s last record doesn't sound much like "Rise-core garbage."

I don't think they'll be convincing anyone that they're a Christian band, though, given the debauchery shown in some of their tour update videos. Not that that should be a determining factor in whether the band is Christian, but unfortunately that's just how it is.
02:14 AM on 02/27/12
imposs1ble
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Out of curiousity, if you were asked if Jim Florentine or Austrian Death Machine would be signed by Metal Blade, would you assume they would? Furthermore, The Goo Goo Dolls used to be on Metal Blade. Not to say that Attack Attack! is anything compared to any of them, but sometimes signings that don't make much sense just happen. Ask Limp Bizkit. Furthermore, why would they have to be Christian to sign to Ferret? Thats not a Christian label. Never has been.
07:30 AM on 02/27/12
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
Out of curiousity, if you were asked if Jim Florentine or Austrian Death Machine would be signed by Metal Blade, would you assume they would? Furthermore, The Goo Goo Dolls used to be on Metal Blade. Not to say that Attack Attack! is anything compared to any of them, but sometimes signings that don't make much sense just happen. Ask Limp Bizkit. Furthermore, why would they have to be Christian to sign to Ferret? Thats not a Christian label. Never has been.

Metallica was briefly on there too
10:06 PM on 02/29/12
HaytonLloyd23
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well, this saddens me (more so that they are going with Feldman and not Caleb again). But, as long as they still making catchy & heavy music that doesn't sound too much like criminal, then i'll keep supporting them:)
10:09 PM on 02/29/12
HaytonLloyd23
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They were better with Austin
Oh hush up and just move onto Of Mice & Men if you've still got your panties in a bunch.
10:19 PM on 02/29/12
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
Austin can't sing and his scream is monotonous
03:36 AM on 03/01/12
cubine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well, this saddens me (more so that they are going with Feldman and not Caleb again). But, as long as they still making catchy & heavy music that doesn't sound too much like criminal, then i'll keep supporting them:)

I'm almost positive that Criminal/Last Breath/All Alone-esque songs are the focus of the new album... sorry
03:36 AM on 03/01/12
cubine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Austin can't sing and his scream is monotonous

Austin hasn't been in the band for years. I think you mean Caleb.

And I'll take Caleb's cleans any day over Johnny's.
05:56 AM on 03/01/12
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
Austin hasn't been in the band for years. I think you mean Caleb.

And I'll take Caleb's cleans any day over Johnny's.

I was referring to the guy above me who said they were better with Austin

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version