Username
Password

05:47 PM on 02/28/12 
User Info.
Clarett'sGreyGoose
Tortured Sports Fan
Male - 26 Years Old
I don't see Coples getting past Buffalo to be honest

I do, Buddy Nix has telegraphed his first pick each of the last two years. He's not a smokescreen kind of guy, and in an interview with the BuffaloBills.com "insider" last week at the beginning the combine, he mentioned he didn't see any of the pass rushers available as worthy of the #10 overall, but plenty of guys worth a Day 2 selection. Or something along those lines. I'm guessing he goes BPA between OT, WR and LB. They need someone to play SLB with Sheppard inside and Barnett outside.
07:24 PM on 02/28/12 
User Info.
startBBtoday
I don't think Coples makes it to Buffalo. He's an unbelievable talent that some coach is going to want to push.
01:28 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
startBBtoday
New Mock

1. Indianapolis Colts
Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford (Scouting Report)
This continues to be a no brainer for me. The funny thing is, a year ago, the Colts probably would have been on a short list of “no effing way” teams as a Luck destination. Because of one injury and a series of ineptitude from the franchise, here they sit.

2. Washington Redskins (via St. Louis)
Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor (Scouting Report)
The Redskins trade their first and second round picks in 2012, plus at least one more first round pick for the 2nd overall pick and take their franchise QB in Griffin. It’s as good a time as any for the Redskins to be doing this, after New York the “next best” slot in the NFC East is currently up for grabs.

3. Minnesota Vikings
Matt Kalil, OT, USC (Scouting Report)
The Vikings may struggle regardless next season with their best play maker recovering from a torn ACL, but Kalil is an All Pro in the waiting at LT. He could still add some bulk, and has a tendency to lack a mean streak, but beyond that he has very few flaws. Drafting Kalil will go a long way in helping Christian Ponder succeed.

4. Cleveland Browns
Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama (Scouting Report)
Even if the Browns resign Peyton Hillis, I think this is still a wise move. Hillis is injury prone, fumble prone and slow. Richardson is as complete a back as we’ve seen since Adrian Peterson was coming out of the draft. The Browns need play makers.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU (Scouting Report)
It’s already being rumored that the Bucs have their eye on Claiborne, and it makes a ton of sense. He should fit the Tampa-2 scheme well and should replace the aging Ronde Barber.

6. St. Louis (via Washington)
Reilly Reiff, OT, Iowa (Scouting Report)
The Rams trade down, get a huge deal for it and still get a top tier LT. Not a bad deal for Rams fans. Jason Brown is as good as done in St. Louis and Reiff should be able to step in from day one at LT. Bradford should be happy to have Reiff and Saffold protecting him.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars
Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina (Scouting Report)
The Jaguars struggled mightily in generating a pass rush, and Coples could be an absolute steal at seven. If he had showed more effort this season, he has the talent to be a top 3 pick. Coples tore up the Senior Bowl and the combine, confirming the elite skills he flashed at UNC.

8. Miami Dolphins
Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M (Scouting Report)
I’m sure Dolphins fans won’t be happy with this since they have their sights set on Peyton Manning, but he’s not there yet and the Phins need a QB. It’s time for the Dolphins to finally take a chance to get their franchise QB.

9. Carolina Panthers
Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State (Scouting Report)
Cox is a late riser on draft boards, but it’s well deserved. He has very few holes in his game and might be the safest pick at DT. The Panthers could use a cornerback, but with such a deep class, that can be addressed in later rounds.

10. Buffalo Bills
Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State (Scouting Report)
I’m sure I’ll get some grief for dropping Blackmon this low, but I don’t think that WR is an elite position, and I don’t think that Blackmon is an elite player at that position. Whether the Bills bring Stevie Johnson back or not, the Bills could use another play maker on offense.

11. Kansas City Chiefs
Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama (Scouting Report)
With it looking more and more like the Chiefs are losing Brandon Carr, despite adding Stanford Routt they’re going to need another corner. There’s no Brandons worth the 11th pick, so Kirkpatrick will do. If he doesn't work out at CB, he'll be a fantastic safety.

12. Seattle Seahawks
David DeCastro, OG, Stanford (Scouting Report)
Robert Gallery has been a major disappointment at LG and could find himself either cut or moved to RG next season. DeCastro is a sure thing who will be able to step in right away.

13. Arizona Cardinals
Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford (Scouting Report)
The Cardinals have one of the worst LTs in the NFL in Levi Brown.The Cardinals should take a chance on Martin to see if he can play LT and help protect Kolb’s blindside.

14. Dallas Cowboys
Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama (Scouting Report)
Even if the Cowboys sign Brandon Carr or another veteran CB, they could still use another piece to their secondary. Jenkins has some well known character issues, but he’s also an extremely talented player who can bump at the line and turn and run with even the fastest WRs.

15.Philadelphia Eagles
Luke Kuechly, MLB, Boston College (Scouting Report)
It’s been mocked over and over, but it’s only because it makes so much sense. Kuechly had a huge combine proving almost every doubt I’ve heard about him wrong. The Eagles need a tackling machine like Kuechly in the middle of their defense.

16.New York Jets
Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama (Scouting Report)
This pains me because I like Upshaw so much, but if the Jets passed on him they’d be crazy. The Jets were unable to generate a consistent pass rush, and Upshaw is a versatile player who will be able to provide that and more.

17.Cincinnati Bengals (via Oakland)
Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame (Scouting Report)
It might sound crazy to take Floyd just one year after taking AJ Green, but Jerome Simpson’s future is very much in the air and Jordan Shipley is not a legitimate no. 2 WR option. Floyd proved a lot at the combine, especially flashing 4.4 speed. If he’s been training to get faster, watch out.

18.San Diego Chargers
Cordy Glenn, OG/OT, Georgia (Scouting Notes)
Sadly, Kris Dielman is retiring, but Glenn should be able to step in right away at guard, and he has the ability to play tackle if needed. Glenn has had perhaps the best offseason of anyone.

19.Chicago Bears
Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State (Scouting Report)
The Bears two biggest needs are at OL and WR, Adams is still raw, but he could become a franchise LT with work. The Bears need to get Cutler some protection fast.

20. Tennessee Titans
Nick Perry, DE, USC
The Titans need help all over the place, but generating a pass rush should be a top priority. Perry could be a steal at 20

21. Cincinnati Bengals
Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina (Scouting Report)
The Bengals have some major question marks at CB, and the big, athletic Gilmore would fit Cinci perfectly. Gilmore still has some holes in his technique, but he showed athleticism that I didn’t know he had at the combine.

22. Cleveland Browns (via ATL)
Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor (Scouting Report)
The Browns add another play maker in the speedy Wright. He may not have the most impressive “official” 40 time, but that has far more to do with the system of measuring 40s that it does Wright’s playing speed.

23. Detroit Lions
Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama (Scouting Report)
The Lions could use a big SLB to shore up their run defense. Hightower’s a versatile player who can set the edge against the run, and rush from the edge. The Lions defense could become even more intimidating with a player like Hightower.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers
Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis (Scouting Report)
The big DT from Memphis may not be the best fit in the 3-4 nose, but if he can keep adding strength to his already massive 350 pound frame, he could take on those double teams better. Poe has all the potential in the world, but it’s a bit alarming that he didn’t product more against poor competition.

25. Denver Broncos
Devon Still, DT, Penn State (Scouting Report)
The Broncos desperately need help at DT and they’ll be getting a great player in Still. Still has some flaws in his game, including his motor at times, but he’s a dominating player when he’s on.

26. Houston Texans
Mohammed Sanu, WR, Rutgers (Scouting Report)
Sanu would be a very nice compliment to Andre Johnson in the Texans offense. Sanu may not be a game breaker, but he’s a nice target in short and intermediate targets. He also adds a bit of versatility to the Texans with experience taking the ball out of the backfield.

27. New England Patriots (via N.O.)
Michael Brockers, DT, LSU (Scouting Report)
If Brockers falls to the Patriots, I think they have to take him. Me, Mike and Josh Norris talked at length about Brockers last night on NEPD Radio about how Brockers might be a touch overrated. Despite that, with his size, run stopping ability and upside in rushing the passer, he’ll be a nice fit in the 5-tech.

28. Green Bay Packers
Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina (Scouting Report)
Ingram might be a better fit in a 4-3, but he should be just fine in a 3-4 rushing from the edge. He can even play some 5-tech in passing situation, as he can get after the passer from the inside and out.

29. Baltimore Ravens
Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin (Scouting Report)
Matt Birk has interest in coming back, but the Ravens should still think about drafting their future center. Konz has position versatility and can play guard as well.

30. San Francisco 49ers
Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia
The 49ers don’t have a ton of holes, but they could use a slot cornerback. Boykin would be perfect starting out as strictly a star corner, who can also do damage in special teams and at times on offense.

31. New England Patriots
Jamell Fleming, CB, Oklahoma
Fleming has prototypical size and speed for the Patriots and can play man or zone, which is something Belichick values. I was extremely impressed by Fleming at the combine, as he showed great lateral quickness, smooth hips and was clean in his backpedal.

32. New York Giants
Kelechi Osemele, OG/OT, Iowa State
The Giants need help all along their offensive line and Osemele should be able to play all over. Osemele carries his 330+ pounds extremely well, and reminds me a bit of Patriots guard/tackle Marcus Cannon. Osemele should be able to come in from day one and be better than most of the tackles and guard the Giants used this season.

33) St. Louis Rams
Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska (Scouting Report)
The Rams secondary might have been in worse shape the Patriots last year, Dennard fell a little after his Senior Bowl performance, but he could be a steal at 33.

34) Indianapolis Colts
Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall (Scouting Report)
With the Colts moving to a 3-4, they’re going to need OLBs. Curry may not be the most athletic of the pass rushers this season, but he’s strong and has nice closing speed.

35) Minnesota Vikings
Reuben Randle, WR, LSU
The Vikings need someone opposite Percy Harvin and Randle could go a long way in helping out Ponder.

36) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Zach Brown, OLB, North Carolina (Scouting Report)
Brown fits perfectly into the Buccaneers defense, and the Bucs can always use more small shifty linebackers who have the ability to cover even the fastest TEs and RBs.

37) Cleveland Browns
Andre Branch, DE, Clemson
Beyond Jabaal Sheard, the Browns couldn’t get after the quarterback at all this season. Branch is one of the most underrated pass rushers in this class.

38) Jacksonville Jaguars
Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas (Scouting Report)
Gabbert was horrible last season, but he also had no one to throw to. Adams should come in and be the best and most athletic play maker on that team not named MJD.

39) St. Louis (via Washington)
Doug Martin, RB, Boise State
You’re playing with fire if you expect your running back to last with as many carries as Steven Jackson has piled up. It’s time to draft his replacement now in Doug Martin. Martin should be able to contribute right away and it will limit his carries early to allow him to prolong his and Jackson’s careers.

40) Carolina Panthers
Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia (Scouting Report)
With such a deep CB class, the Panthers were still able to get a talented play to start across from Chris Gamble in the second round.

41) Buffalo Bills
Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois
Mercilus did a nice job at the combine, but it wasn’t enough to vault him into the first round. The Bills need a pass rush threat.

42) Miami Dolphins
Mark Barron, S, Alabama (Scouting Report)
This may be a tumble for Barron, but his double hernia surgery should definitley hurt him, especially if it forces him to miss his pro day.

43) Seattle Seahawks
Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State
This would be an absolute steal for the Seahawks, as Weeden could start from day one and could vault the Seahawks into a Wild Card slot.

44) Kansas City Chiefs
Alameda Ta’amu, DT, Washington
Kelly Gregg isn’t the long term answer for the Chiefs at NT, but Ta’amu could be. Gregg would allow Ta’amu to adapt to the NFL and the 3-4 nose.

45) Dallas Cowboys
George Iloka, S, Boise State
The Cowboys won’t solve their DB issues with just one or two corners, Iloka should be able to play both safety positions despite being a little stiff in coverage.

46) Philadelphia Eagles
Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina (Scouting Report)
This pick could go either way for the Eagles. If Jeffery stays in shape, it could be a steal, if he doesn’t, it could be a disaster.

47) New York Jets
Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame
The Jets just love white safeties.

48) New England Patriots (via Oak)
Ronnell Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma
Lewis may be an inch shorter than the prototypical Patriots rush linebacker, but he buled up to 255 pounds for the combine while still showing off 4.65 speed. Lewis is also a great special teams player, and we know how much Belichick loves that.

49) San Diego Chargers
Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech
Hosley is another player who could be a steal, he could gain some weight, as he’s only 177 right now, but he’s got great ball skills.

50) Chicago Bears
T.Y. Hilton, WR, FIU
And now Cutler gets his WR. Hilton might be an injury risk, but he’s got elite athleticism and versatility.

51) Philadelphia Eagles (via Ari)
Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson (Scouting Report)
It wouldn’t be an Eagles draft without taking a defensive lineman, would it? Thompson’s got a strong first step that should translate well to the NFL.

52) Tennessee Titans
Kevin Zeitler, G/C, Wisconsin
The Titans have a sieve of talent in the middle of their offensive line. Zeitler could play center or guard at the next level.

53)Cincinnati Bengals
Chris Polk, RB, Washington
The last time the Bengals drafted a RB from Washington in the second round, it worked out pretty well.

54) Detroit Lions
Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt
Hayward

55) Atlanta Falcons
Orson Charles, TE, Georgia
How much longer could Tony Gonzalez have? Charles should be able to help the offense in 2012, and be the long term answer afterwards.

56) Pittsburgh Steelers
Mitchell Schwartz, G/T, California
Schwartz is the Steelers kind of player with the versatility to play tackle or guard.

57) Denver Broncos
Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa
The Broncos actually have a lot of holes for being a “good” team last year. Tebow needs receivers, and he finds a smart, good route runner in McNutt.

58) Houston Texans
Josh Chapman, DT, Alabama (Scouting Report)
The Texans could be getting the steal of the draft in Chapman, who played through a torn ACL in 2011. Once he comes back from surgery, he should be the NT they’ve been waiting for.

59) New Orleans Saints
Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska
The Saints need an athletic WLB and David fits the mold. He’s an underrated player who can cover faster TEs and RBs.

60) Green Bay Packers
Jared Crick, DE/DT, Nebraska (Scouting Report)
Green Bay should be drafting the best player available on defense and Crick is definitely that. The Packers could certainly use some depth at DE.

61) Baltimore Ravens
Bobby Wagner, LB, Utah State
Wagner’s a little small to play in the middle for the Ravens, but if he adds some bulk, could be a versatile player in the 3-4.

62) San Francisco 49ers
Marvin Jones, WR, California
Alex Smith needs a target to get open in shallow and intermediate routes and Jones should be his guy. Jones can get separation off the line with his quick feet and does a nice job going up for the ball.

63) New England Patriots
Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas
Wright might project best in the NFL as a slot guy, but hes a versatile player with a lot of speed. He was extremely productive his senior year with some very talented WRs next to him.

64) New York Giants
Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
The Giants TEs seemed to all tear their ACLs simultaneously. Jake Ballard was a nice surprise for the Giants, but he’s not a good blocker and he’s not fast.
01:37 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
I still am a fan of the Kuechly pick at #15 but based on his combine, I don't see him making it to the Eagles pick. I could easily see any of the four teams before the Eagles taking him, mainly Seattle with the few FA LBs they have right now.
01:38 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
startBBtoday
I still am a fan of the Kuechly pick at #15 but based on his combine, I don't see him making it to the Eagles pick. I could easily see any of the four teams before the Eagles taking him, mainly Seattle with the few FA LBs they have right now.

I agree, but a lot of teams don't consider MLB an elite early first round position.
01:39 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
I agree, but a lot of teams don't consider MLB an elite early first round position.

Yeah....I still think they'll address is early in FA should one of the big names actually find its way to the market and not tagged, one of Lofton or Tulloch.....but if they don't and he's sitting on the board at 15, its a no brainer.
01:48 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
mht
44) Kansas City Chiefs
Kelly Gregg isn’t the long term answer for the Chiefs at NT, but Ta’amu could be. Gregg would allow Ta’amu to adapt to the NFL and the 3-4 nose.

Kelly Gregg is not on the team
01:50 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
lol
01:55 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
startBBtoday
44) Kansas City Chiefs

Kelly Gregg is not on the team

as in, he's a free agent? ...okay.

Kelly Gregg's on the team until March 13th.
01:56 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
Vanislh
Believeland
Cleveland
Male - 22 Years Old
Don't really love it for the Browns. If we want Richardson I think we should try and trade down a few spots. If we stay put I think its really close between Claiborne and Blackmon
02:18 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
mht
as in, he's a free agent? ...okay.

Kelly Gregg's on the team until March 13th.

I'd be surprised if he's re-signed
02:22 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
startBBtoday
I'd be surprised if he's re-signed

Well, both of their NTs are FAs right now.
02:47 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
spiffa0
I am the Third Revelation
Westmont, NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
You think Poe will still fall to Pittsburgh?
02:54 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
startBBtoday
You think Poe will still fall to Pittsburgh?

This is how I would do things, so yes. Poe has great upside, but unimpressive tape.
03:16 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
preppyak
Jeff Withey: the Great White Hope
Falls Church, VA
Male - 28 Years Old
This is how I would do things, so yes. Poe has great upside, but unimpressive tape.
Yeah, I'm hoping he picks up a minor injuring training for his pro day or people start picking apart his tape so he falls. I've seen mocks with him pretty high, so, I'm worried he won't drop. I don't want us to consider either of the WR's you have right in that area, and I'd really only be happy with not getting Poe if we got a starting G or someone like Gilmore to start at our 2nd CB spot.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos