AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

03:01 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
Holly HoX!
that sucks. you'd figure if they heard they had a chance to legalize the damn thing and start a ripple effect, they'd get out and vote.
Am I mistaken, Dave? Are you a smoker?
03:09 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
Moses Malone
And nothing of value was lost
Houston, TX
Male - 20 Years Old
Reminds me of an article I read on Cracked, something like "5 Things Pro-Legalization Advocates Should Do", and the number one thing was just admitting that you want it legalized for recreational use. Awesome, though. Hopefully this goes through and starts passing through the nation.
03:09 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm not knocking you and your opinions, but from what you've been saying - as far as your examples - maybe you need to be a Tad more accepting of those around you. Those friends that are blazing down aren't trying to exclude you or put you down, they're just doing something they enjoy doing. As long as they aren't causing you harm, no biggie.

The thing is...I still make the effort to hang out, they really don't. They go to work, go home, get high and sit around at home. Or get high with a few other kids who also want to get high, and sit around eat and watch TV. That's a bit different, IMO, then being out at the bar or at a friends house gathering and hten going somewhere to smoke a bowl and then coming back to the group. It's not like them actually being high bothers me. It bothers me that 98% of the time they can't seem to do anything else.

I have one friend in particular like this...it's a miracle when we get him to come out and actually be with people who don't wanna smoke. He'll still go out ot the car and smoke a bowl or something like that...but at least he's actually out with people who don't feel the need to go do it with him, and stays out and hangs out and talks with everyone and etc, if you get what I'm sayin.
03:12 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
Am I mistaken, Dave? Are you a smoker?

I am not, but I am still for legalization. I think more people would be responsible with it then not, at least I hope so. Plus with legalization it can be taxed and the states can make money off of it and close some of their budget gaps.
03:15 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
Holly HoX!
The thing is...I still make the effort to hang out, they really don't. They go to work, go home, get high and sit around at home. Or get high with a few other kids who also want to get high, and sit around eat and watch TV. That's a bit different, IMO, then being out at the bar or at a friends house gathering and hten going somewhere to smoke a bowl and then coming back to the group. It's not like them actually being high bothers me. It bothers me that 98% of the time they can't seem to do anything else.

I have one friend in particular like this...it's a miracle when we get him to come out and actually be with people who don't wanna smoke. He'll still go out ot the car and smoke a bowl or something like that...but at least he's actually out with people who don't feel the need to go do it with him, and stays out and hangs out and talks with everyone and etc, if you get what I'm sayin.

I totally feel you. My friends and I are pretty active...we like to go out and do shit, play sports, etc. Sure there are times when we want to just relax and veg, but usually we have something planned and the getting high part is secondary.

I know what you mean
03:18 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
zion the lion
pull over that ass is too fat.
Female - 22 Years Old
that sucks. you'd figure if they heard they had a chance to legalize the damn thing and start a ripple effect, they'd get out and vote.

Maybe Denver will be different.

Are you saying that my name makes you sleepy?
03:24 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
Holly HoX!
Maybe Denver will be different.

Are you saying that my name makes you sleepy?

You using this account again?
03:28 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
zion the lion
pull over that ass is too fat.
Female - 22 Years Old
You using this account again?

Now I'm curious as to who you think I am.
05:22 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
Yo!Yvonne!
We were thinking of evolving.
omaha,NE
Female - 24 Years Old
I don't smoke or drink but even I think they should legalize marijuana.
06:13 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
Ontario
Male - 21 Years Old
it being illegal is more dangerous than have it be legal, or in the least decriminalized, which will be a good step before the former.
07:08 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
imnotapunkhero
Cerulean City
Male - 22 Years Old

definitely not friends with them anymore.
07:20 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
aolsux
phase reverse
Reading, PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Total federal decriminalization should be the first step, I support the total legalization but anti-pot advocates would have a shitstorm. During decriminalization, new studies need to be done proving its non-harmful effects, get it reclassified from a schedule 1 narcotic, and branded as an alternative to alcohol for recreational use. State-run dispensaries for rec and med use should be taxed and not only will American economy surge, job creation as well.

It's funny how the answer to all our debt problems could easily be answered, just no one is ever open to new ideas.
07:26 PM on 02/29/12 
User Info.
knash9
Registered Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 20 Years Old
Our economy would literary be out of this world if we legalized weed and went back to the gold standard.
04:06 PM on 03/03/12 
User Info.
NotebookMusic
www.notebooklives.com
New Jersey
Male - 20 Years Old
Our economy would literary be out of this world if we legalized weed and went back to the gold standard.

Exactly. Like the guy said earlier in the thread, ALL problems would be fixed with the legalization of marijuana.
Honestly. This major debt that we're in needs to be fixed and I think it's pretty much the only way.

Maybe not the only way but, fuck. It would pull us up from being so deep in it significantly.
04:07 PM on 03/03/12 
User Info.
NotebookMusic
www.notebooklives.com
New Jersey
Male - 20 Years Old
it being illegal is more dangerous than have it be legal, or in the least decriminalized, which will be a good step before the former.

This, by the way.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version